Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2008 Focus

2008 Ford Focus

2008 Ford Focus

4.3

Have You Driven the 2008 Ford Focus?

GREAT CAR FOR THE MONEY

by Eggman from Roxboro, NC on Sat Nov 02 2013

In March 2010 purchased a 2008 Ford Focus SE 4 dr sedan with 27,000 miles on it. This was my first car in over 20 years and the first Ford in 30 years. This car was GREAT!!! I was a diehard Chevy person, but this car made made me a believer in FORD. In over 3 1/2 years of ownership, 2 sets of tires, 1 battery and brake pads that lasted 99,500 miles. I was getting nearly 40 mpg, using full synthetic oil. I was on involved in an accident in late September where a young girl turned in front of and I broadsided her, totaling the Focus with 142,000+ miles on it. I walked away from the wreck with only minor back pain. I AM CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR ANOTHER FOCUS TO REPLACE THAT CAR. To sum it in 1 word, the FOCUS is GREAT!

Great Car; Fun Car

by Love to Drive from Greenville, NY on Sat Jan 03 2009

I've owned my 2008 Focus since March of '08 and have just over 8,000 miles on it. Most of my driving is done on 2-lane highways with speed limits of 55 MPH. I'm getting 32 to 34 MPH with an an automatic transmission. From the very first I was impressed with its pickup. If I need to pass a slowpoke car, of which there are plenty on the roads I travel, my pretty little red Focus jumps into action and gets me past the car and back into my lane without worry. Getting in and out of the car is a breeze because the seats sit high, unlike my previous automobile which sat so low it was downright difficult to get out of. The ease of sliding in and out of the Focus was a major selling point for me. The trunk space is a nice surprise because it's very big, and the fold-down back seats adds additional length space if needed. I have a 4-door mid-grade SE model and find that for the most part the car is user friendly, with a few exceptions. There is no interior light for the backseat. The overhead light is directly over the dashboard and leaves the backseat pretty much in total darkness. There is no way to open the trunk without the key. While it's nice to open the trunk using the key fob, it would be better to also be able to open it with an inside latch. The lights for heat/AC controls on the instrument panel are so little and faint that they don't show up during the day. Also, they are clustered in such a way that it's difficult to use them without taking my eyes off the road for a split second. My complaints are few and don't affect the performance and reliability. If I could back in time and be purchasing a new car again, I would still pick the Focus.

What a great car!

by jellybelly from Needham, Ma on Thu Jul 29 2010

I purchased this 2008 Ford Focus SES in May,2010. I had been searching on-line since January (mostly on Cars.com). I have always been a Chevy man, & had just come out of a "97 Monte Carlo for the past 7 yrs. I had been looking for a newer Monte Carlo (04 or 05), My brother was driving me to dealerships in his 2008 Ford Focus SE. After being in it a few times, I really liked it, so I started looking on Cars.com for a similar car. Found one @Ira Toyota in Tewksbury, drove out to see & drive it, & bought it that day! This car had all the "bells & whistles". The SYnc system is amazing! Fit & finish, both inside & out is very good. My mileage just around town, is 28.8 MPG. It has good throttle response, handles GREAT(SES has a firmer suspension & 16" wheels). The seats are very comfortable & good support, my driver's seat has a height adjust for the seat cushion, which really makes a difference from the standard seat in a SE. Good trunk space, & the rear seats fold flat for more space if needed. I REALLY LOVE this car!!! And that is from A guy that said he would never own a FORD!

best car that ive ever bought

by 09focusowner from portsmouth nh/ titusville fl/ anywhere in the east on Tue Mar 17 2009

Let me start off by saying i bought a 08 focus in may and sadly i got into a bad accident in august and thankfully i was driving alone in my focus. the car saved my life. i can say first hand that the car is very safe if i was in any other car i may not be able to write this. the accident was unavoidable but thankfully because of the proper insurance i had the car payed off and i had enough money left over to put a down payment on another new 08 focus. i love these cars, i hope i never get into another accident but if somthing happens im glad im in a foucs.

I AGREE WITH THE PEOPLE BELOW!

by happy Focus driver from VA on Sun Nov 18 2007

like the people below i use to stick to civics and well japanese cars, NOT ANYMORE! This new Focus is an amazing car. Just the amount of room alone is better than the Civic or Corolla. We saw the motorweek show on the Focus and they said the 0-60 time was 10.1 seconds...we timed it to 60 with a stop watch, not just counting we used a stopwatch. we got it to 60 in 8.2 seconds. pretty quick though the safety features impress me the most! all the features you would find on a honda or toyota would be opt. but on the Focus its all STANDARD! the ambiant lgihting is also very plesant, I match it with what mode im in. The car is quiet and has a smooth ride along with extra comfy seats that are supportave with a roomy rear bench. This car is great with a great price. (ours is the SES sedan which costs us 18,500 3,200 less than the civic and corolla) overall the car is a 20 out of 10. Really consider this car when you look at buying a new car. P.S. the Ford SYNC system is very nice and safer than a cell phone to your ear

Good car for a good price

by Bruno Santana from Bellevillem NJ on Sat Jun 17 2017

This car is not expensive, and the engine is very reliable, but expect some issues with suspension and for sure the motor mount will fail after 100k, but that is a very cheap and easy fix. I do liked this car a lot, and recommend.

Good Deal

by jasonmelohall from San Jose, CA on Sun Sep 17 2017

This is a no frills car, but it runs well and for a good length of time if you take care of it. We stretched our budget and bought it with 70k for $8k in 2011. We put 70k more miles ?$500 in repairs over 6 years. It moved us across the Rocky Mountains too. Overall, I thought it was a good deal.

I GET OVER THE STICKER!

by chick who loves her focus from VA on Sun Dec 02 2007

short and simple this car is the best! i get 39 highway and 27 city! whitch is awesome. I would recomend this car to anyone on a budget but still want an awesome car in every way. (i dont use cruise on the highway and still got 39 highway and i havent gotten anything less)

Great car and great on gas

by Amber Jones from Tacoma, Wa on Fri Apr 14 2017

I love my car it great on gas milage and great running car. It will get to work and home. It is roomy and comfortable to ride in.

2008 Focus SE with Driver's package - D.C.

by Commuter from on Wed Aug 19 2009

Heavy commuter averaging 130 miles a day. Very reliable with good . 35MPG commuting on beltway and toll road.Driver's package includes xtra chrome, steering wheel radio controls, Sync for IPOD and voice controls for interior features as well as satelite radio. Seats could use lumbar support. No cabin filter provided on this model. Fuel tank is a modest 11 gallons. Front disc brakes and rear drum.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Our Take on the 2008 Ford Focus

When Ford's Focus burst onto the small body-type scene at the beginning of the millennium, it was a revolutionary small car. Unfortunately, Ford has done little with the car since then to keep it in contention with the strong import players in its segment. The 2008 Focus gets a lot of easy fixes, but it isn't the type of exhaustive redesign this car needed in order to catch up. There are still a few gems to discover in Ford's most affordable car, but in the end it will probably only influence shoppers on a value basis.

Exterior
The previous Ford Focus came in two- and four-door hatchback designs, as well as sedan and traditional wagon versions. The new Focus is just... Read More