2013 Ford Focus

Obviously an economy car, but not bad

by from Minneapolis on September 16, 2017

Cost of ownership includes gas, oil, and tires..nothing else. These cars are bulletproof if you have the manual transmission. The automatics are terrible, look for a stick.

Great choices, great selection

by from Chicago IL on September 12, 2017

Cars.com had great choices for the type of car I was looking for and made it easy to find the Ford Focus that met my needs and price. Perfect car for me, great milage, performance and more technology than I expected. Very Happy!

Uses car for Havingfun

Very Economical and Extremely Fun to Drive

by from Saginaw,MI on September 12, 2017

I fell in love with it's style and while driving it for the first time, I became obsessed with this car. The fuel mileage is awesome, the comfort is great , the performance is fantastic, it's quick to maneuver and a whole lot of fun ... "Get One When You Can or at least Drive One Once". You won't be disappointed. As far as the Pro's & Con's go: Pro's = fun, economical, can fit into almost any parking spot, E-Z Fuel makes gas station stops so fast and due to the hands off anything but the pump handle, I stop, pay at pump, fuel, close the cap door and DRIVE AWAY with clean hands. Sometimes my fuel fill up's are comparable to a race track pit stop. AND for the Con's = I can't think of anything yet and my car's odometer is nearing the 20,000 mile mark. I LOVE this car.

Awesome style average performance

by from Clinton Township, MI on August 27, 2017

The car has beautiful exterior styling and cutting edge interior design. The engine doesn't match the rest of the car. It's decent but doesn't support the visual excitement of the car .

From commuting to cross country road trips

by from St. Pete, FL on August 23, 2017

This car is very versatile. We have taken it from Florida to Wisconsin and back, on hiking trips in the Smoky Mountains, and the daily commute. Very comfortable for long drives and enough space in the back to lug all of our stuff along with our 70lb dog.

Good car so far

by on August 22, 2017

I like my vehicle reliable like the bluethooth big trunk I don't find there is much leg room in the back seat . but has a big trunk handles good haven't drove it in the winter yet

Uses car for Transportingfamily

2013 Ford Focus SE

by on August 16, 2017

The Ford Focus should be a great car for commuting. It has great looks, and can turn on a dime. Gas mileage is fantastic, usually averaging around 37 to 39 mpg. It has reasonable standard amenities for the price. All of this sums up a car that normally would be great to own. Unfortunately, one issue stands out and has been called in to question quite often with owners: the dual clutch automatic transmission. Ford claims nothing is wrong, however I often experienced moments of rough shifting, followed by the sound of grinding and the entire vehicle shaking. Not only that, but there were times when the vehicle would not move when the gas pedal was pressed. It was as if the transmission had died. If the car is equipped with the auto-manual (or SelectShift as Ford calls it) option, then the solution is to engage this mode and simply change gears yourself. Or better yet, buy a 5-speed manual. The problem mainly exists with owners who have a dual clutch, and cannot change the gears themselves. Ford explains that the transmission problems are usually due to how we drive the car. Since it is not a normal automatic, we are expected to drive it differently. That is fine, but this car then does not work for all environment settings. It needs to be driven long distances with very few stop and go moments. I wanted to keep my car, I loved it. But the warranty was getting close to expiration and I didn't want to pay out of pocket expenses to repair the transmission. I decided to switch to a Ford Fusion, and haven't looked back.

Right-sized Focus great on gas & drives fast

by from Richmond Hill, ON on July 24, 2017

The Focus is a strong car for a family of 4 which regularly travels for cottage or ski holidays (with roof nacelle): it's a great driver's car, and it didn't cost a lot to buy. It's quick off the line and when passing on 2 lane hwys, and with our optional Sport Pkg has strong brakes and competent, predictable and well-dampened handling. It's traction control works better in snow that our older, but considerably more expensive, other car. Service costs have been low, and the car gets great fuel mileage - and on regular gas, too. I have had the automatic transmission "reflashed" a couple of times, to resolve drivability issues, but that hasn't cost me anything. I had it rust proofed when new, and after 5 years and 70,000 miles there is no rust, and it looks and drives like new. I replaced the brakes myself, with Ford parts, instead of using aftermarket parts; I did the "snorkel delete" with an open-end dry air filter; the car also rides on stickier summer rubber, but it is the same great small family performance sedan that it always was. Strong car even when loaded for family ski trips: great brakes & handling & smart traction control.

Uses car for Transportingfamily

Best gas saver and reliable car I've owned

by from Fallbrook, ca on July 24, 2017

This vehicle is awesome, it has great mpg and very reliable and the maintenance isn't expensive. The con about it is that it's not very comfortable at first you have to find your fit and get used to i...
This vehicle is awesome, it has great mpg and very reliable and the maintenance isn't expensive. The con about it is that it's not very comfortable at first you have to find your fit and get used to it.

I like the car

by from Greensboro on July 21, 2017

It fits me, it is good on gas, I wanted a fusion but this satisfies my needs, dont no what else they want to say