Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2013 Focus

2013 Ford Focus

2013 Ford Focus

3.6

4 out of 5 stars Comfort

Have You Driven the 2013 Ford Focus?

Still loving this car.

by Johnnyfromlongisland from up state ny on Sun Mar 22 2015

This is a follow up reveiw for my 2013 Ford Focus. After two years and 3 months with 27000 miles this car is still getting great gas milage and is trouble free. As I said in the first reveiw we had a jumpy transmission at first. After a couple of long trips this stoped. The transmission works flawlessly and I could not be happier with this car. We moved from Long Island to the Adirondacks, driving in the mountains is more challeging than the Island and harder on the transmission. But the Focus performs flawlessly. Handing is steller and the car feels like a much more expensive car would. I recomend this car and would buy again.

2013 Ford Focus SE

by RollerColt on Wed Aug 16 2017

The Ford Focus should be a great car for commuting. It has great looks, and can turn on a dime. Gas mileage is fantastic, usually averaging around 37 to 39 mpg. It has reasonable standard amenities for the price. All of this sums up a car that normally would be great to own. Unfortunately, one issue stands out and has been called in to question quite often with owners: the dual clutch automatic transmission. Ford claims nothing is wrong, however I often experienced moments of rough shifting, followed by the sound of grinding and the entire vehicle shaking. Not only that, but there were times when the vehicle would not move when the gas pedal was pressed. It was as if the transmission had died. If the car is equipped with the auto-manual (or SelectShift as Ford calls it) option, then the solution is to engage this mode and simply change gears yourself. Or better yet, buy a 5-speed manual. The problem mainly exists with owners who have a dual clutch, and cannot change the gears themselves. Ford explains that the transmission problems are usually due to how we drive the car. Since it is not a normal automatic, we are expected to drive it differently. That is fine, but this car then does not work for all environment settings. It needs to be driven long distances with very few stop and go moments. I wanted to keep my car, I loved it. But the warranty was getting close to expiration and I didn't want to pay out of pocket expenses to repair the transmission. I decided to switch to a Ford Fusion, and haven't looked back.

great little car

by wayne s from atlanta on Tue Dec 17 2013

why would anyone want a hybrid. this thing has get up and go and is as solid as a rock. ive owned it since may and it is my favorite to drive.

Love This Car

by Ray from on Sun Apr 14 2013

I love this car and look forward to driving it. It handles like a much larger car. Gas mileage combined driving is 32 mpg, cost about $30 a week. The automatic trans is different, but it works as advertised. It shifts like a manual transmission, reaching the higher gears ASAP! Once you learn how to drive the car it's GREAT!!

2012 Focus SEL

by Coastaleddie from Oceanside,CA on Tue Jan 28 2014

The 2012 Focus SEL with "Sync" has all the bells and whistles needed for the modern commuter. You can sync your smart phone to the car, answer and call hands free with voice command. Very comfortable and easy to drive , once you get used to the way the transmission shifts. The ride is smooth and quiet with plenty of power for freeway driving.

Great Care, except for transmission

by VA_Chris from Rockville, MA on Tue Nov 04 2014

I have had my 2013 focus for 1 1/2 years so far, and the transmission is horrible! It skips, shutters, and makes lots of noise when shifting in lower gears! Gas mileage, comfort, and everything else seems good, but its not a joy to drive when driving in the city. Lots of jolts, and embarrassment due to noise.

Not a good choice.

by fordfocusno from on Fri May 23 2014

Transmission problems, just like many point out, make this car a poor choice. Transmission jerks, makes grinding noises, does not shift smoothly and rolls backwards. Ford tells me this is all normal. Car does not get mileage I hoped for. Had to trade it away for a Honda. Would not recommend this car.

Don't Buy This Car

by Sarah Lee from La Quinta, Ca on Tue Sep 02 2014

I've had so many problems with this car. I have two separate issues with the AC. First, instead of the AC turning in, the defroster will turn on no matter what setting I have the knob on. Secondly, the AC will blow HOT air when I turn it on. I've waited over 10 minutes for it to cool down, and it doesn't. I have taken it in twice for these problems and they "cannot be replicated." My driver and driver side back door have both opened while I was driving. The have been fixed, but with the same faulty latches that the car came with. Lastly, the transmission. The say I bought it, I noticed the hard shifting, but I figured the tranny needed to be broken in. I've taken it in several times for the transmission shutter. While driving uphill, the car will sometimes roll backward. Also, the paint on my car isn't smooth, it looks uneven. The USB port and auxiliary port don't always work. The auxiliary port is super quiet. This is the third Focus I've had (2002, 2008) and I've never had an issue before this model year. I never thought I would hate my car as much as I do.

Stay Away From This Car!

by Miss Caroline from Texas on Sun Jul 27 2014

I have owned my Focus Titanium Hatchback for 1 1/2 years now, having bought it new. It now has just over 17,000 miles on it, and just like the other reviewers, I have major transmission issues. The car jerks, lurches, and shudders at low speeds when it is shifting. It sounds like someone has put pennies in a garbage disposal. First, Ford has tried to tell me that the car needed breaking in, then that it was " normal" for the car to respond the way it does. The third time back to the dealership I was told there was a technical service bulletin out on it, and a "fix" was performed. I was also told this time that it was normal for it to "cycle" between gears at low speeds "as when driving through a parking lot." Well, guess what? The problems continue and I now have another appointment to take it back in. As long as it is under warranty Ford is responsible for the fixes, but what about when the warranty expires? You got it, it's all on my dime, then. I'm getting rid of it and buying a Honda this month!

Overall poorly built.

by Disappointed 2012 Focus SE owner from New Jersey on Fri Aug 29 2014

I've had rear taillight reseated because it kept popping out. Had both tailights at the trunk lid replaced because water would leak in. Foam under rear glass disintegrated and had to be replaced. Leak from outside trim or moonroof, headliner and carpeting had to be replaced. Transmission clutches and seals replaced TWICE. Some other issues. Car is just the worst car I have ever purchased.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 24