NEW
Take our quiz & meet the car you’ll love.
2013 Focus

2013 Ford Focus

2013 Ford Focus

3.6

4 out of 5 stars Comfort

Have You Driven the 2013 Ford Focus?

Still loving this car.

by Johnnyfromlongisland from up state ny on Sun Mar 22 2015

This is a follow up reveiw for my 2013 Ford Focus. After two years and 3 months with 27000 miles this car is still getting great gas milage and is trouble free. As I said in the first reveiw we had a jumpy transmission at first. After a couple of long trips this stoped. The transmission works flawlessly and I could not be happier with this car. We moved from Long Island to the Adirondacks, driving in the mountains is more challeging than the Island and harder on the transmission. But the Focus performs flawlessly. Handing is steller and the car feels like a much more expensive car would. I recomend this car and would buy again.

great little car

by wayne s from atlanta on Tue Dec 17 2013

why would anyone want a hybrid. this thing has get up and go and is as solid as a rock. ive owned it since may and it is my favorite to drive.

2012 Focus SEL

by Coastaleddie from Oceanside,CA on Tue Jan 28 2014

The 2012 Focus SEL with "Sync" has all the bells and whistles needed for the modern commuter. You can sync your smart phone to the car, answer and call hands free with voice command. Very comfortable and easy to drive , once you get used to the way the transmission shifts. The ride is smooth and quiet with plenty of power for freeway driving.

This is the worst car on this earth. all problems

by Rosa from Galt, CA on Tue Jul 23 2019

My car has transmission problems; it has been "replaced" and still not functioning. I have called Ford and they refuse to acknowledge the problems. I have replaced the clutch twice plus the transmission. The problems still persist. The excuse Ford gave me was that my car already has 159000 miles and they wont do anything about it. I have spent thousands of dollars fixing this car. The car has been in the shop since Nov. 2018 it is now 7/23/19 and still not fixed. The new transmission wont take the software updates and it overheats when is driven. I would not want anyone to experience the problems I am having with this car. I want Ford to give me my money back or reimburse me what I have spent on fixing this car. I am too late to join the class action suit otherwise I would have joined in. PLEASE, PLEASE don't spend your money on a car like this one. You will regret it. am very frustrated. I wish Ford will contact me and offer some sort of help. I have called them numerous times begging them to help me but it is useless because according to them I have gone over the extended warranty.

2013 Focus - no issues

by Beeler from Detroit, MI on Sat Nov 14 2015

I have 2013 Focus Titanium hatchback. Performs well, great styling, great gas mileage ~ 35 mpg and i drive fast. The car now has 46000 miles and is approaching it's 3 year anniversary. It is starting to age. I change the oil and rotate tires myself so I take a close look under the hood. Overall, I gather the dual clutch transmissions have had some issues, but I've only had my car shudder a couple of times. Ford did a software update to the transmission recently and they extended the warranty on the transmission to 150k miles, so i'm not worried about the car. I did notice drops of oil between at the enginer, transmission seal, which would be a bad thing. I think if the seal is bad, I'm ok in that the warranty covers that up to 60k or maybe more because of the known transmission problems. There is a fair amount of rust in the subframe and a cross member behind the engine which is a little surprising. It's only painted rather than galvanized. That won't cause issues in the near term but it's one of those planned obsolescence things that will make the car structurally weaker in 10 years. Overall, I'm very happy with the car.

Worst vehicle ever

by Jessica from London, Ky on Fri Feb 07 2014

I purchased a 2013 Ford Focus 9 months ago. After having it less than one month the transmission started acting up. I have had it in the service departments several times over this issue. Ford is refusing to do anything about it and so is the dealership. My next step is through the Better Business Bureau. The car hesitates when taking off then takes off. Then it makes an awful shutter noise when switching between first and second gear. I remind you, I have had the car for only 9 months. It has had two clutches put in it and a wheel barring replaced. I encourage everyone to stay away from this car. Nobody will do anything about it.

Least Valued Car I have owned

by Experienced Car Owner from Rochester, NY on Sat Jul 19 2014

I have owned many cars, including a Ford Escort many years ago and this car is so far my least favorite. I have the same transmission problems others have mentioned and have already had it replaced. It is now making strange noises and the car is barely 1 year old. For some reason it does not handle well in snow and I was unable to get up my driveway many times last winter (a first!). My next door neighbor who has the exact same car had the same problem. I bought a set of brand new tires for $300 and it did not handle better in the snow with the better tires. The mileage is not as good as I hoped; I hover @ 28-30 mpg I am pretty unhappy with this car and have a long way to go to pay it off!

runs good

by tatortot92 from on Tue Dec 30 2014

great riding car for the money. have not had any issues with it yet 62k miles, I've heard of people having problems with the auto trans. i have a 5 speed manual and had not had any issues with changing gears.

Worst car I ever owned.

by Kelly from Arcadia ca on Tue Feb 05 2019

Engine/auto clutch should be recalled. I have 3 focuses and ALL are bad. ALL have had clutches replaced. 1 new engine. Ford could care less. These cars should never have been sold.

Good, but?

by Commuter from L-Ville KY on Tue Sep 30 2014

This would be an excellent car if Ford could work the kinks out of their 6-spd DCT. Driving the Focus on the highway is a pure joy. It has a solid road presence on the freeway and sporty feel in the curves. It just loves to roll but when you get it into stop-and-go traffic and make it shift you will want to pull out your hair. If you are one of the unlucky that gets plagued with clutch shudder pray for a solution. I think it would be easier on the service tech if these transmissions were installed with Velcro.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 29