2014 Focus ST

4.3 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

Most fun in a focus.

by willy from texas on March 27, 2015

The Ford focus ST is a great car. I own the base package so I don't have any of the high end audio, or the racing seats. But I think the seats I have are more comfortable than the recaro seats. When you want to have a bit of fun, all you need to do is put your foot down and listen to the turbo. The transmission is smooth, the breaks are great, the steering is excellent and the car is just beautiful. I give it 5 out of 5 and tell friends of mine to get focus ST

dodge daytona

by ok from Regina on January 3, 2018

Its a below average car with an above average price. Felt tricked by the dealership into paying too much. Heater doesnt work very well, too low to the ground, gas mileage poor for such a small car.

Does not recommend this car!!

Fast and light car

by HeavyDD from Indianapolis, IN on October 7, 2013

This car is amazing for the price. I was debating between this and a Mazdaspeed3. The ST can use regular cheap unleaded or you can put in higher octane fuel and gain some HP. I average 28 mpg using 87-octane fuel with a mixture of city and highest driving. One can achieve 34 mpg by granny-shifting at 1900 rpm every time and staying off of the turbo, which is very hard to do because the car is so much more fun to drive in a more performance-based style.

My first and last Ford.

by Wiser through experience from Winchester, Va on April 17, 2017

The dealership did not inform me of the outstanding recalls. I always research. But, I didn't know the extent of issues. The shudders rate of the car was completely unacceptable. I took it to the dealership FOUR times before they would acknowledge that it was not acceptable. Stalling and halting through a major intersection when I have the accelerator pushed to the floor and the car will not respond is NOT acceptable. They reset the PCM. I ended up taking it back for the same issue 1 week later. They replaced the clutch and reset the TCM and PCM. Six months passed and the same shudder and stalling started again I took it to the dealership and they replaced the clutch again. The next step will be the transmission. Now the evap purge valve solenoid is going bad. My car doesn't have 50000 miles on it yet. My extended warranty will not cover anything. I found a wonderful mechanic who has diagnosed my car over the past 3 months. He charged me nothing until he knew what the issues were. He also discovered that the APP sensor is not communicating with the electronic throttle body or the ECM at random. Hence, I gave no response from the car when I am trying to accelerate at random. I have to floor the accelerator and it is 4 seconds before the car will move. As soon as I have the car fixed for this issue, I will be trading it for a Toyota or Honda. My first, last, and only Ford is a moving disaster.

Does not recommend this car!!

Buy it!

by B3as7 from on January 15, 2015

I have now put 500 miles on my 2014 Focus ST st2 package. I know this is not much, but I feel I have to write something about this amazing car. Performance is quite impressive. It may not be the fastest hatch out there, but it holds its own quite well. Be careful of the torque steer though. The other day I was driving at approx. 60 mph and I needed to pass a car. I downshifted to 4th and hammered on the gas, because of reasons (hehe), and proceeded to pass the slow individual. I did not have a good grip on the steering wheel though. Not long after hitting the gas the car steered right towards the car I was trying to pass. I quickly grabbed the wheel better and avoided a collision, but its still something you need to be careful with. I also need to mention that the car rocketed pass the car with no trouble at all, even for 4th gear :). The 10 speaker sony set up is also worth mentioning. I have read many reviews and most do not even bother to bring up the stereo. It may only have an 8 inch sub, but the stereo setup as a whole has quite a bit of bass. I was very impressed with the system and found it to be quite impressive. I also really like the interior. Larger people may not fit well into the Recaro seats, but if you fit well then these seats are quite comfortable. I have only driven a little over 50 miles at one time, but I was quite comfortable for the whole trip. I am 5'9 at 185 lbs for comparison. Fuel mileage so far is not impressing me. Although some in town driving was done on my last tank, most was highway. A little over 200 miles was highway and around 45 was in town. I only averaged 26 mpg for the tank fill up. I also drove the car just as it wanted me to. I shifted at 2rpm and only drove it to 60 mph. In town I am averaging 20 mpg. This may change as I get more miles on the car, but as of right now it is definitely getting a considerable less amount than the stated 23/32. (and yes that is with premium). Overall and as of right now, I highly recommend this car. I will update and do another review after I put more miles on. Cons- Small center console,

Good car overall,the site is wrong on some things

by MeSomething from Canada on November 9, 2013

The car is a blast to drive but it doesn't have the self park gimmick nor the backup camera or the lane warnings etc... those stop at the Automatic Titianium model. Overall is is quite good and better initial quality than I expected when compared to Nissan. Ford does need to fix the motor mount issue on these cars... if they did it at the factory it would be cheap... but they still put regular motor mounts in this car with a beast of an engine.... they need to give their heads a shake... so many are now doing a TSB or replacing with 3rd party motor mounts to prevent it from slamming into the firewall on hard acceleration Other than that issue which is not too big of a deal unless you are a racer or spin the wheels alot on loose surfaces... the only thing that would make the car better is an AWD option and a slightly bigger trunk... some say gas tank too.. but this is a North American Car... how often are you not going to see a gas station within a couple hundred KM?

It's good

by Ghettofireman from Philadelphia, pa on February 6, 2015

I have a 2014 focus st2 now I would recommend this car if you will keep it stock. This car is not for you if you want to make about 300 whp stock turbo can't make that power. As for me i liked the car at first but having it for 6 months now I'm bored . Being bored of is probably cause Im coming from an evo and I miss that car. The focus being front wheel drive sucks, the wheels spin way too easy when the streets are cold and I'm not even trying to do that. Besides the car bring stock almost at its max it has probably the nicest interior out of all cars in its range. One bad thing is even keeping the car stock has to have an upgraded motor mount it just needs it. I would say do not get rid of an evo or sti and buy this you will be disappointed. Other than that it's a good car .

Just simply awesome!

by jerwasup from Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio on December 20, 2014

The Focus ST is so much fun to drive! The recaro seats hold you well and are very comfortable once broken in. You won't regret this purchase. A great value for money...ENJOY!!! :)

Worth the Wait!

by Charley from Nebraska on January 11, 2014

I looked around and searched for a long time to find a car that delivered good performance and mileage while seating 5 and having very good value for the money. This car does all of the above and is just very fun to drive. I am averaging 27 miles per gallon and I have only owned it for a few months. It should get better as the car breaks in. I am a car guy and this car was worth the wait for me. I will be adding modifications as it gets older but I plan to own this car for at least three years. I will hopefully get a chance to do a review later.

Amazing car for the money!

by Hot hatchback enthusiast from Placitas, New Mexico on May 30, 2015

I purchased this car used with about 17k miles. An ST3 in tangerine scream. I love it!! The leather recaro seats are amazing. You do have to pay attention when driving this car because it is so responsive and keep a tight grip on the wheel. I love the adjustable seats on the ST3 because I like to sit as far up and forward as I can and they are very adjustable. I can't decide if the interior or the exterior are more beautiful. The Tangerine scream definitely doesn't "blend in" and that is a good thing. I am getting about 29-30 mpg with a lot of 80mph uphill driving on Premium gasoline. Not bad at all for this type of car. I love the audio commands on the Ford sync. You hardly ever have to even use the touch screen for anything. I am so happy with this purchase. One of my favorite cars I've ever owned!:)

1 2 3 4