Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2009 Fusion

2009 Ford Fusion

2009 Ford Fusion

Have You Driven the 2009 Ford Fusion?

Great choice to switch to

by New Ford Owner from Vermont on Wed Jul 04 2012

I have been a Chevy owner since I started driving and seemed to have a slew of problems. I recently purchased a 2009 Fusion SE and I am extremely happy with it. The car handles extremely well and is peppy for a 4 cylinder. No complaints about the MPG since I have averaged 26 mpg City and 34 MPG Highway. Love the handsfree Sync system. The ride is smooth and comfortable with very little exterior sound even on the highway. I'm rather tall at 6'3 and find there is plenty of leg room, at least in the front. Great value!

Great deal for the money

by CFincher84 from Biloxi, MS on Fri Jun 11 2010

I bought the SEL version of this car about two months ago. Mine features the V6, leather interior, 6 disc changer, Microsoft Sync system, and power sunroof. It's my first Ford, a make I never thought I would own. I have been very happy with the reliability, styling, and price that I got it for. I took it on a road trip that covered about 2500 miles recently. I didn't have to run the AC very often and averaged about 26.5 MPG with the cruise set at 80 mph. The only aspect that left me wanting for more with this car is the low end performance. It accelerates at a comfortable rate, but I prefer a little bit more quickness off the light. However, I was very happy with how fast it will increase from 75 up to 95 MPH on the interstate. I have also compared the interior features to that of the Accord, which I was also considering purchasing. I felt that the Fusion's presentation of the same functions was more simplified and user friendly. The handling and road noise are about what you would expect of a midsized sedan. This car cost thousands less than the last one that I bought (Chevy Trailblazer), but was much better equipped. I would highly recommend this car to anyone desiring a well priced, reliable, and stylish ride that can be appreciated by people young and old.

2009 Ford Fusion SE

by Deborah from Ashville, Oh on Tue Mar 07 2017

I have a Silver Ford Fusion SE. I have always had a Chevy or Ford, I have had better experiecne with the FORDS. I purchased my 2009 Sept 2014. I have only had to do OIL change regularly. I have put tires on it. Other than that this car is like a TANK. I have been hit in the rear bumper at a stop light once by a Truck. A small scratch. Then in a drive thru some one back out and hit the same spot on rear bumper. (A car) that was also fixed. Then I loose control hit gravel and went off road into a corn field. The corn was knee high. IT went thru like a TANK no damage just blew a tire. I am to this day pulling corn stalks from underneath and mud. Thats when I knew this car is made strong and made to last. First snow in 2016, a truck slid and over in my lane we hit my front driver fender and hood was damaged. I had repaired and yes I still have it. I love this car. It now has 95,000 miles when i bout i was 2nd owner had 48,000 then, THIS IS A TANK as I said. GO FORD!!!. My daughter then went and bought herself a 2011 Ford Fusion SE. she loves it.

Excellent Performing Car

by Blue Oval Fan from San Benito, TX on Thu Apr 28 2011

Very impressed with the handling and performance of the 2.3 4cyl. Very comfortable on long trips. Gas mileage is a little disapointing for a 4 cyl but it is right on the EPA ratings of 22/28. Mine has the Blue Suede package so it also has the sport suspension with the 18" wheels. Synch system makes driving much safer. The 2.3L has a surprisingly flat torque curve and good top end power. Sport seats are very comfortable.

Wonderful Car!

by Fusion Lover from Stevens Point, WI on Wed Dec 07 2011

My husband and I had been shopping around for a different vehicle for several months. Trying to decide should we go crossover or car. We have 2 tall children and needed more leg room in the back seat plus we want to try for another child and wanted room for an additional car seat. We decided that purchasing a car would be the more financially responsible choice. We purchased our 2009 ford fusion sel on 12/3/11 and we absolutely love it and so do the kids. We are averaging 33mpg. The seats are combination leather and cloth and are extremely comfortable. Handling is awesome! we drove it home from the dealer in icy road conditions and had no trouble at all. The Sync and 8 speaker stereo are incredible. I love that i can connect my smartphone and play my mp3's. My husband was sold on the cup holder lights changing colors. LOL. Overall this is a fantastic car at a fantastic value!

Great car for the money

by Triple John from Napervile, Illinois on Wed Jun 24 2009

Just bought a 09 with 4cyl auto with the sport package, blue suede searting, and the sun & sync package for 18K. What a bargain. The car handles great and gets over 32+ mpg on the highway...Whats not to like? Try and get a Camry or Accord comparably equipted for 18K....good luck

Fun to Drive - Great Value.

by MarcD from Chicago, IL on Wed Mar 01 2017

I have owned a 2009 Fusion SE V6 since 2010 and always enjoy driving it. It's quick for everyday driving, handles and corners great, has a smooth and quiet ride on the highway. Despite its age, the sync system still works great with my iphone 6s. I like the way it looks, it has a large trunk with hinges that don't poke down into the trunk area. It's been mostly reliable but had to change the ABS controller for $1500 @50000 miles which is too early for a major repair. The gas mileage isn't great by today's standards and the turning radius is terrible (too wide). Despite my complaints, overall it's been a great car and I'd consider another one.

Owned for 6 Years

by Craigo19 from Monroe, MI on Fri May 04 2018

I have owned my Fusion for more than 6 years and I love it. I have had some minor issues with some small items on the interior though. First the AC adapter came out of the socket where it needs to go. Second, the interior door handle to open the driver side door wore out and had to be replaced. Third, the hose for the windshield wiper fluid broke. I am not complaining too much though because after buying it certified, I put 140k miles on it. I do love the room in the interior, especially the leg room in the back seat. Unfortunately the redesign in 2013 took away some of the leg room, so I am more inclined to buy a VW Passat when I replace my beloved Fusion.

Faithful Ford Fusion

by SharonD from Texas on Thu Jun 08 2017

The 2009 Ford Fusion has been a solid and dependable product. The SEL model has options that elevate this front line soldier to a general. Heated front seats, indoor lighting, moon roof, and a multi-disc CD changer make driving this vehicle a pleasure, not a chore. The wheel is heavy, but that means this FWD isn't going anywhere! Comfortable with a classic body design (changed in subsequent model years), this Ford Fusion is sporty, yet conservative, and can be counted upon to get the job done.

ROGER VOGELSANG,OWNER,SEL 4 DOOR

by ROGER VOGELSANG from TOLEDO,OHIO on Thu Mar 30 2017

EXCEPTIONAL CAR,CAR IS IN NEW CONDITION WITH VERY LOW MILAGE,MOMS CAR, THIS CAR WILL LAST FOR ANOTHER 200 THOUSAND MILES, HAS BEEN A VERY DEPENDABLE VEHICLE.

1 2 3 4 5

Our Take on the 2009 Ford Fusion

Editor's note: This review was written in February 2008 about the 2008 Ford Fusion. This year's Fusion gains an optional electronic stability system, whose absence in 2008 put the car at a competitive safety disadvantage. To see what else is new for 2009, click here, or check out a side-by-side comparison of the two model years.

Three years have passed since the Ford Fusion arrived, and those years have been kind: Its proportions still lend a clean-cut athleticism that's rare among family sedans, and its spot-on handling puts many of those sedans to shame. In competition with some of its freshest rivals, the Fusion comes up short overall, but it beats most of them in... Read More