2000 Mustang

2000 Ford Mustang

2000 Ford Mustang

4.4

Have you driven the 2000 Ford Mustang?

My first car... and its going to be my last

by Michael from Florida on Tue Jul 29 2008

I feel like the 2000 Mustang beats the rumors of Fords being unreliable. Ive had it for 4 years and i have never had a single mechanical problem. I love this car's looks both inside and outside. I would buy another mustang when the time comes. I recommend it for those who dont mind spending a little extra in gas. I average only 18-20 mpg.

12 years original owner

by Mustang or die from Los Angeles, CA on Mon Jul 02 2012

I love this car! Extremely reliable, great speed for a 6 cyl, great handling (I drove a new so-called performance car that was like driving a sponge), and overall fun car. Backseat space is a bit small but my now 16 year old daughter still sits back there. Mechanically I have mostly only done the routine maintenance type repairs. The two things that seem common to this car- exhaust leaks and windows going out of alignment. The windows may only happen in very hot climates, but they start to tilt in their track. Cost me over $400 to have the driver side fixed quite a few years ago. Now the passenger side needs it. The body shop says that for a few years the government put additives in the paint and they start to bleed through to the surface. Mine needs paint now. All cars from this era have the same issue. Before I would go spend a ton of money on a new car I would most definitely fix this one up. It has 108,000 miles on it and I still love this car. No technology or frills besides the basics. Mine averages about 20 mpg but I drive fast- and when you step on the gas it still has lots of acceleration power. Good old fashioned American sports car.

Great Value

by MustangMan from Ephrata, PA on Tue Feb 08 2011

My 4.6 Automatic 2000 Mustang GT Gets a great average of over 23 miles per gallon city and highway driving, and thats an automatic too, very few performance mods necessary to achieve this mileage. It is very comfortable, I take this car on long trips and I have no issue with it at all. 6 Hour trip to the beach and the car doesnt even overheat! Car has almost 104,000 miles on it and it still gets great mileage and the performance is very desireable.

Changed my life

by Elstevo from Long Beach, CA on Sat Mar 31 2012

I was having my 2006 Escort wagon fixed yet again when my mechanic loaned me this 2000 Mustang bare-bones coupe. After a week I just had to have it; not much money considering freshly rebuilt V6, 136k miles. I love this car! Perfect reliability so far except for a replacement of the harmonic balancer at 150k. Car is smooth, solid, peppy and with 23MPG average in overall driving.

There's Nothing Like a Mustang!

by Mustang Guy from Michigan on Sat Nov 07 2015

My 2000 GT convertible is the fifth Mustang I've owned and I am keeping this one for a long time. I bought it new and it now has less than 15,000 miles driven only in warm dry weather. No problems... no repairs... still has everything original from the factory. The only issue I have with it is the comfort over longer drives... seems the seat doesn't adjust to a position I find totally comfortable. Other than that, the car is a gem!

V6 Stang = Great Power, MPG, and all around fun!!!

by Mustang Man from MD on Tue Mar 27 2012

I've had 4 Mustangs between the ages of 1996 - 2000, My first 3 were all Blacl V8 GT Convertibles, They were amazing cars! This time I was looking for a fun, sporty car with fairly good gas milage to drive instead of my truck on longer trips. I ended up with a slighly modded Black (they just look so good in black) 2000 V6 5sp manual with a little over 100K mi. My V8 stangs all got 16-19mpg depending how I felt like driving, the V6 gets 21-23 depending how I'm driving, It has great power, and with a exhaust upgrade it can sound just like a V8. Over all for the money there is no way to beat this car! Buy one, you'll love it!

Great car!

by Bullmoose from Mequon, WI on Sun Sep 29 2013

I found this convertible on Cars.com. I found a real gem, a 2000 Mustang Convertible with under 100,000 miles on it! The car is mint, and runs perfect, with a 2.8 V6 engine and a smooth transmission. I saw a Carfax report, and learned the car probably didn't see much of Wisconsin winters. No rust! This is a third car, purchased just for fun, and I plan to keep it garaged when the weather is bad. Thanks Cars.com!

Good service

by Russ from Long Beach on Wed Apr 09 2014

The guys were very professional and good cars.Got us financed with not very good credit score.Recommend to anyone.Thank you.

2nd ponycar for me.

by Ruukie from Lynchburg, VA on Thu Jul 31 2008

I was fortunate to drive a 1973 Mach 1 when I was younger. I bought a 2000 GT that had 75,000 miles on it. The only things I've done was replace the original battery and the negative post on the cable from being corroded. I was concerned abut legroom but no complaints. It has more room than a 2001 Acura 3.2 CL that I used to own. The 260 HP V8 has all the power I need. Of course it had bolt- on accessories already installed. With the 5-speed, I get 22+ miles per gallon. I would purchase another Mustang when I get the chance.

American Muscle!

by Muscle Car Lover from Syracuse, NY on Tue Apr 08 2008

I love american muscle cars and this mustang is just like the classic Mustangs. It's a heavy car with a powerful engine, but it does have it's weaknesses, in handling, gas mileage, and interior size. Ford is pretty reliable though so I trust this car to give me everything I payed for it. The best part is that you can burn any car on the road with this powerful engine.

1 2 3 4 5 6