2012 Mustang

2012 Ford Mustang

2012 Ford Mustang

Have You Driven the 2012 Ford Mustang?

Great car

by FC_GIBB from Eastern Shore, VA on Wed Jun 20 2012

For those stuck with choosing Mustang or Camaro it all depends on what you want. I have had both a 2010 Camaro V6 and now the 2012 Mustang V6 MCA. The Camaro is a Great Cruiser and honestly I believe it looks better. But the Mustang by far is more fun, you feel more connected to the steering and the suspension where the Camaro felt very bland. The Camaro is a bigger car and is great for long drives. I still love the Camaro but if you looking for a "driver's car. The Mustang is the better choice.

Fun car!

by Okie Hick from Oklahoma on Fri Jul 01 2011

I've had my V6 Premium since May 6 and am really enjoying it. The V6 model can no longer be considered a secretary's car. That engine is wicked! The car is far more comfortable on long trips than my 1998, 2003 and 2006 Crown Victorias. The interior is of excellent quality. The true dual exhaust is a much needed enhancement. Like the ad states, "Drive one"!

I Finally Bought a Mustang

by The Yankee Truth from Pleasant Hill, CA on Thu Oct 03 2013

I promised my teenage daughter she could have my car if she got a job. She did, and it was time for me to keep my promise. Since I was looking for a car in late August-- the end of the model year-- there were many deals advertising zero percent interest for 60 months, or no payment for 3 months, or rebates and other incentives. I figured I'd buy a sedan that gets good mileage. I checked out the Civic, Sonata, Malibu, and Altima. All great cars in the same price range and various incentives. I couldn't make a decision, feeling like there was no "perfect" car for me. If I bought one of the above, I'm sure I would have questioned if I should have bought one of the others. After feeling exhausted weighing different offers from different dealers, I decided to go with my heart. I told my daughter for years my next car would be a Mustang. I thought that was just more of a dream than reality. The next day I went on Cars.com and found a 2012 Mustang Convertable. I knew that was the car. I went to the dealer and drove home in it that afternoon. Just like the TV commercial, no drama. The price was right and car exactly as advertised. It has a very smooth ride, great handling on curves. It's a V6, so it's not a muscle car, but is quick and nimble. I'm in my early 50s and not interested in racing or going 120 mph. I find it very comfortable to drive. I find it difficult to see when backing up. The rag top creates a large blind spot, so you have to rely on the side mirrors. There's a back seat, but in name only. I can't imagine anyone being able to fit with virtually no leg room. The trunk seems surprisingly spacious. The dashboard is simple and doesn't overhelm you with gadgets or technology. That's a plus for me. I love the car! And I'm happy that I kept a promise to myself. I finally bought a Mustang.

Senior Muscle Car

by Black Beauty from Suburb of Baltimore, MD on Mon Apr 30 2012

Yes, my 2012 Mustang bought on 3/3/12 is a "senior muscle car" because I am 70 and my great muscle car is only a V-6, yet it has plenty of umfff.

Mustang Boss 302

by TJam76 from GA on Tue Mar 12 2013

Absolutely the best performance bang for the buck on the market. Truly world class sports performance and can be used as an every day driver too.

Boss 302

by Z51hdtp from Forest, virginia on Sun Feb 19 2012

Having owned many performance cars over the years, i had always wanted a mustang. This is definitely the best of the breed. A daily driver that is docile and easy to drive just cruising but with a bark and a bite with the mash of the accelerator. Superb handling, great power, excellent steering, great gear box with perfect gear ratios, comfortable seats. In easy urban driving achieving 20 mpg - who would have thought with 444 hp. This is absolutely a dream car for an enthusiast. Draw backs - cheap floor mats, basic radio deserves better speakers. The exhaust note will put a grin on your face every time. A dream car and a bargain compared with more expensive domestic and foreign offerings. Ford truly did a great job on this one. Drove a regular 5.0. it is amazing that two cars from the same family can be so different. Had to shop and shop to get a fair deal as too many dealers wanted over sticker. Purchased out of my area to get the deal I wanted.

2012 Mustang

by Signman in Dunedin from Dunedin, Florida on Mon Oct 14 2013

Can't beleive the car has a 305 Horsepower V-6 that still gets over 20 miles per Gallon around town and 30 on the highway. Great car...looks good...fast...economical. Bought it from Ferman Dodge/New Port Richey. They negotiated with me until we made a Deal...None of this NO HAGGLE PRICING like some other Dealers I went to.

MUSTANG V6 PREMIUM

by TS858 from San Diego, CA on Fri May 10 2013

I have owned a Mustang for 2 months now and it is fantastic! I typically buy GM cars, but after few disappointing drives in the Camaro, I decided that I would give Ford a shot. All I can say is WOW! Ford really really beats Chevy in almost every aspect. The power is unbeatable for a V6, 305HP with a 0-60 averaging in the mid 5's. Some V8's can't even beat that. The fuel economy is excellent for being a performance car. If I drive fuel consciously (which is not easy) I can achieve around 20MPG City and 34MPG Highway. Handling on this car is great, it definitely can take the corners! One of the cool features to enhance your driving experience is the adjustable power steering setting in the car's computer. You can choose "Comfort" which makes it very easy to steer, "Sport" which requires the most effort, but makes driving more fun, and "standard" which is in between the two. The interior in the V6 Premium is top notch, especially compared to the older plastic Mustang interiors. The styling is nice and Ford used some high quality materials on the interior. The front seats are pretty comfortable with plenty of leg and head space, which is more than I can say for the Camaro. The back seats are not bad for being a coupe, though I wouldn't recommend anyone over 5'10" sitting back there. The SYNC feature is pretty easy to use and is convenient when people call while you are driving or if you want to listen to music through your phone. Another neat feature is the color changing gauges and ambient lighting, something that I only see on high end luxury cars. Last but not least, the safety features. All the seats have headrests (unlike the Camaro), the blind spot mirrors are very helpful despite the fact that this car does not have many blind spots. (If anything, the Camaro should have these mirrors for as many blind spots that car has.) The MyKey safety feature is good to have if you have other people driving your car (especially kids) as it can limit speed, limit audio volume, mute audio if passengers are not buckled in, and prevent the driver from turning off traction control. Overall, I am very happy with this car and with Ford in general. The only thing I can say the Camaro has that the Mustang doesn't is a better looking exterior (they are both nice but the Camaro has a bit better exterior styling) and the Heads-Up display. This car really has the most bang for your buck with great styling, comfortable yet fun handling, and just the cool features that Ford has incorporated along the way.

Best of the Breed

by Old Time Hot Rodder from Greenville, SC on Wed Mar 21 2012

I purchased a new Mustang GT convertable 3 months ago and have had a blast driving the car every since. Ford has done an excellent job in engineering this car the performance, handling and ride are all excellent. I am a former BMW owner and this car is everything my prior BMW's were for a lot less money. Keep up the good work.

11 mustang

by thbird from dallas tx on Thu Aug 16 2012

I have owned mustangs over the years,,the style ,perf of the 11 version I enjoy very much,,the new V6 is a very nice balance if power and design,,avoid the 11 stick shift as for some reason they were made in china and ford has been paying warranty claims since,,the recent announcement of a "restyle' in the future seems a mistake assuring these cars as classics

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 13

Our Take on the 2012 Ford Mustang

In the past, Ford has made special-edition Mustangs not so special, giving them mild performance tweaks, custom paint jobs and not much else. The Boss 302 is not one of those Mustangs.

Track-ready yet fun for the street, the 2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302 is a pure performance machine that may be the best version of the classic car I've driven. And it comes topped with a wicked custom paint job.

The Boss 302 sits amid a wide array of 2012 Mustang trim levels, including the base V6 that starts at $22,310, the 5.0-liter V-8 GT model that starts at $29,310, and the top-of-the-line supercharged V-8 Shelby GT500, which runs $48,810. The Boss starts at $40,310, falling between the GT and Shelby but so impressive... Read More