Model Details

4.1
Average based on 24 reviews

My 2nd Ranger

by from Pittsburgh, PA on September 17, 2010

I owned a 2001 2x4 XLT and loved everything about the truck. It was a great little truck. I bought a 2007 4x4 XLT back in 07 and have put 71k miles on it. I've had no major problems with it. It is a great little truck. You can tell it is a little F-150 by the way it holds the road. The only major issue I have is the lack of cab space. I bough the 4 door extended cab and with all the stuff I carry around for work the back of my cab is half full. I would buy another Ranger in a heartbeat.

great lil stick hauler

by from southern Iowa on September 3, 2010

I wanted to up grade my vehicle, but couldn't go new. found a 2007 ranger at a friends car lot. truck has the 4 cyl. 5 spd. with ac and cruise, was a former Orkin truck (hince Eggar from Men in black) so far I like it, has plenty of power except on large hills, and I've managed to get 24 to 26 mpg(mostly highway, but some city) the 6 cyl only has 5 more horsepower and anyone I've talked to barely gets 20 mpg, I think this is the way to go.

like this pickup better than any I've owned

by from Rockwall, Texas on November 23, 2009

I like the appearance, the size, the overall usefullness. I'm selling because I have retired and no longer need a truck. This one has never hauled anything, the bed is like new, only used like a car. Easy to show now that I'm retired and have time on my hands.

Really fun little truck!

by from Seattle Area on November 30, 2007

I have 10k miles now on my XLT Supercab 4x4. So far only problems are a seat rattle (being worked on now with warranty) and some traction issues in wet weather which 3 sand bags helped. The 4.0 has more than enough power and may add to the traction issue. EPA rating was 15/19, I got 14/20 at first but get 16/23 since about 6k miles on it. Rides like a truck which it is. The only small smaller truck that still looks like a truck, the others seem to be trying to look like Japanese SUVs. Love it!

Exactly what I was looking for

by from Devine Texas on November 17, 2013

Found this truck through Internet was a long drive to go see it but worth it once I saw it in person . Tom and his wife were great people made dealing with a used car dealer very easy with no pressure which is hsrd to find today

Ranger purchase

by from Mass. on January 15, 2014

My 3rd Ranger, a '90, '01, now an '07, they work for me. Too bad Ford doesn't make them anymore, a great little truck.

Good little PU

by from New York on June 4, 2011

Bought mine used with 27K, 3.0 V-6, manual, A/C, Cruise. Very quiet engine but too much road noise inside the cab.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

Bang for the Buck utility

by from Lacey WA on January 10, 2008

Previously I've owned Toyota trucks which I've loved. I sold my Tundra and bought the 2.3 litre base 5 speed. I paid thousands less than I would have for a comparable import. I changed out the stock air filter and exhaust for a flowmaster and k&n air filter. Great power for a four banger and I've averaged between 25 and 30 mpg per tank. Highest achieved was 32.5, straight highway driving in good weather. This is a tough little truck. It doesn't handle well without weight in the back. It feels solid, and is awesome for the price. I'd highly recommend it to anybody who needs a light duty truck that gets good mileage.

Nice pickup

by from Kansas City on February 22, 2011

I have the Ranger FX package 4x4. It came with a soft bedcover which I really like. The exterior two-tone is a good look; interior is comfortable and functional (it is a truck after all). Jump seats are small (you knew that), but the half-doors are handy for tossing stuff behind the seat. Love the 4x4 and the clearance in the snow-filled midwest this winter. Not getting great gas mileage, but it does run quieter and smoother than expected, particularly on the highway. Overall, very pleased.

Find best deal

by from Brentwood on November 27, 2011

I was vary happy with them..and the car was like a new car but used..they were vary nice to us and helped us to find car we were looking for.