2011 Ranger

2011 Ford Ranger

2011 Ford Ranger

4.5

4 out of 5 stars Comfort

Have You Driven the 2011 Ford Ranger?

Best Value For a Small Truck

by Patriot from Ardoch, North Dakota on Mon Apr 18 2011

After reviewing and test driving all the small trucks on the market the Ford Ranger was by far the best value hands down. As fuel prices rose it was time to add a 4 cyl 5 speed to the family. Out the door the 2011 Ranger XLT Extra Cab was $8000 less than the Toyota. GM doesn't make a truck to speak of neither did Dodge. The Nissian was close but at $6000 more it was too out of the running. The Ranger is well built and ample power traveling across the country loaded down. Even with only 2 wheel drive it handled surprisingly in the snow and ice. The 30mpg highway and 24mpg city avg can't be beat. I will deffinatly purchase another when the time comes. Ford has proven themselves as a contender with the Japanese manufactures. Strongly reccomend the Ranger

Ford Ranger Sport 4x4

by Bubba Expat from PA on Sat Feb 04 2012

All the features that I want, without paying for the ones that I do not want. Excellent in the snow, comfortable on long road trips. Nice to have decent off road capability, also. A truly functional small truck, at a price (with incentives) that was competitive with used vehicles. This is not the truck if you want leather seats, and a full sized back seat. The jump seats offer a good enclosed cargo area, but it is not a place for an adult to sit for more than about 10 minutes. With the seatd in back folded up, it is a perfect spot for a Labrador Retriever.

Ford Ranger: An Honest Truck

by Anonymous from on Tue Nov 24 2015

It's too bad the Twin Cities Assembly Plant closed down after making this truck. I have a 2011 2 wheel-drive with the 6 cylinder automatic transmission. I've only put around 9,000 miles on it since it was new. Some people say it was outdated, but I like the simplicity of it. I haven't seen another truck being made that I like better, so I plan on driving it until I die. My hats off to the former auto workers of a 99 year-old plant that made a dependable, good-looking, and honest pickup.

2011 Ranger Sport

by Retired gearhead in AZ from San Tan Valley, AZ on Fri Mar 15 2013

We've had Rangers in the past, always having good luck with them. This one is no exception. While not the 'lap of luxury' or the cutting edge of technology, they're great trucks for light hauling or home-repair errands. It's a tough, dependable little hauler with surprisingly good performance with the 4.0 liter and 2 wheel drive. Fun to drive, actually. Looks good, too! With just two people in our household, this is all the truck I need as our heavy hauling/big RV days are over. Fits the bill just fine. It wouldn't have taken much effort on Ford's part to keep this truck competitive in the marketplace. And the 'New' Ranger won't be coming to North America, I hear. The F-150's have gotten just excessive in size..not everyone needs something that big. Bring back the Ranger!

My Little Truck

by Ford Trucker from Chatsworth, CA on Tue Nov 19 2013

I love my little ford ranger, picked it up used for $6,500 with 120k miles at Galpin Honda. 5 speed manual is smooth with no problems engine is rev happy but can be a bit buzzy at higher rpm's. The best way to extract every mpg out of this truck is to drive around 50-65 on the highway, the gas needle never moves. Overall, my truck isn't the most powerful, the biggest or the best looking, but it gets me from A to B in comfort and with no problems. Off-road stability is great. Took it up to 95mph at El Mirage lake bed and ran great. Would recommend this truck to someone who likes trucks but doesn't need to haul or tow anything really heavy.

Love my ranger!

by Texas gal from Desoto, TX on Mon May 30 2016

I had a 1991 ford ranger and just sold it after 25 years. It's still running with the origional engine. I wanted another newer one; they are dependable, compact, decent on gas mileage, and cute! I don't need a giant truck. The interior is gorgeous; not sure why some say it's outdated. I do have the xlt which is nicer. Look around, you can find them with very low mileage; mine looks almost brand new. Love my 2011 and plan to keep it forever!

GREAT Little Truck!

by Old Jake from Harlingen Texas on Sun Jun 03 2012

I bought this Ranger extended cab in May 2012 - new, last on the lot, and it fit my needs perfectly: plus, many, many more options (Sports package), came with it at an excellent price. I see others complain about the ride but hey! It's a truck! Small jump seat area? Then buy a 4-door! Jeez! Don't people look at what they buy FIRST? This truck is solid and I plan on driving it way more than 100,000 miles. The 4.0 V-6 has an excellent service record as well as the Ford transmission is reported as "almost bullet proof". First new Ford I've owned..........

I love my truck!

by jimdelvecchio7981 from Webster, NY on Wed Oct 04 2017

I enjoy driving this truck everyday especially because of the reliability, comfort, utility, and the fun factor. I just can't say enough good about this truck. Such a shame that Ford ended production back in 2011. I wonder if that individual that made that decision is still employed by Ford Motor Co? If it was up to me - I would fired that individual - why? Because all the buyers that wanted a Ford Ranger purchased either a Toyota Tacoma, Nissan Frontier, or a Chevy Colorado.

Ranger number 2. Love it even more than number 1.

by Tom L from Ct on Mon Dec 05 2016

Great small truck. New ones are getting way too big. economic and reliable. My wife loves driving the Ranger and I love its utility. KISS

Too bad they stopped making them

by Hangun61 from Cincinnati on Mon May 28 2012

For 11 years and over 100,000 miles, I had a Chevy S10 that I just loved. Great economy, good looks, comfortable ride and a lot of nice interior features made me wish I could buy another one just like it. Alas, Chevy quit making the S10 a few years back and introduced the Colorado, of which every review and analysis I read called it a dog. The 5 cylinder engine was slow, and not very economical. The ride was uncomfortable and stiff, and adding a few nice options drove the price out of touch. So, I considered a Ranger. I took one for a test drive and thought it was great. The V-6 paired to a 5 speed manual gets about 21 on the interstate, only a few less than my S10, and the increase in power is fantastic! The ride is smooth and quiet, and although my Ranger lacks a few options that I really miss, the reliability and styling is great. A couple of minor complaints are the lack of an interior courtesy light, a cumbersome duo of giant ignition key and seperate key fob, and considering the fact that it is a 2011 model, I felt like it should have had a standard driver information center with a compass and thermometer on the dash. The only valid major gripe I have is the access to the rear seating area in the extended cab. The passenger seat is cumbersome and difficult to move out of the way, and if anyone sits in the rear seating area, cramped as it is, they better not need to exit in a hurry. This is a poor design by Ford and should have been better thought out. All in all, I would definitely, and I have, recommend this vehicle. It is reliable, economical and a pleasure to drive. After a few years, I would hope Ford and Chevy return to the small truck market with updated versions of the Ranger and S10.

1 2 3 4 5