1993 Taurus

1993 Ford Taurus

1993 Ford Taurus

3.7

4 out of 5 stars Value for the Money

Have You Driven the 1993 Ford Taurus?

zoom...zoom....zoom

by crystalicious from tacoma,wa. on Sun Oct 10 2010

it gets up and goes...wonderful..not to mention the many luxury options...straight out made to be comfortable

The best car that my family ever owned.

by BradZnavy from Virginia Beach, VA on Mon Sep 10 2007

My father bought a Navy Blue 93 Taurus back when I was in grade school. it was his replacement for an aged out Tempo. Needless to say it was a lemon at first. Someone had messed up a circuit board under the lift when they first took delivery of it. It ran out of gas during my dad's drive home from the dealership. Later that week the odometer died on our way to dinner. Still, once that was fixed she never gave us any other big problems. When the car was 8 years old we had to get a new alternator, which died on us during vacation. Then, in 2001 when I got my license it became my car. I added new floor mats and a CD player. I drove that car every day for three years and it only had 92k on it when we traded it in. I only ever had to replace the rear window motor on the passenger side. I miss that car. I took me to college, and on the first date with my wife. It even held up really well to being reended and backed into Basketball goals. You can't kill a 3.0 Ford Taurus.

Model correct

by Al from PHX on Sat Nov 06 2010

The Ford taurus S.H.O. is not the same model as a GL or other models. Check online to see the history of this Yamaha-Ford.

Love This Car!!

by Just my car from Boise ID on Sat Sep 15 2007

Bought it used in 1996, but it had less than 9000 miles on the odometer, and it still had 3 months left on the original factory 3-year warranty. I believe I paid about $11,000 for her. Never had any major (or at least major enough to remember) problems. I have the 3.8L V6 model engine. I think I had the heads ground in 2000 or 2001, but I don't remember why. A very sturdy car. Very little damage when I was rear-ended at a stop light, and equally little damage when I slid into a Ford Bronco on a winding, icy, steep, downhill highway coming home from skiing less than a week later. A few days in the body shop, and she was good as new again! She's been good to me for over 11 years now!!

reliable car

by sonny268 from Fresno, Ca. on Tue May 15 2012

I bought this car used in 2011, it only had 65,000 original miles on it. It was a gov't vehicle and was well taken care of. Last week I blew a head gasket. Both heads were re-surfaced, new water pump, thermostat, serpentine belt, O2 sensor, gaskets and seals. It runs great. Will have it for another 10+ years.

good first car

by taurus warrior from iowa on Thu Nov 29 2012

My parents helped me buy a 1993 taurus as my first car. My dad got a lead on it from someone at work. Paid $4,000 for it, had 92,000 miles on it and drove it until it had 123,000. While I had it I had engine mounts, head gasket, tie rods, and muffler replaced. That is all wear and tear stuff though. I had no recurring problems with it and it got me from home to high school and home to college just fine, which is all I needed it for. Traded it in 3 years after I bought it. Still ran fine but the tranny was getting iffy. It had the 3.8 liter engine in it which explains some of the problems. Being a Ford guy I have come to know the 3.0 Liter V6 might be the most reliable engine Ford has ever built.

Cars should all be

by Mento Wants from San Jose, California on Thu Jan 31 2013

Bought this 1993 Ford Taurus GL station wagon new. Let tell you what I have spent money on her. Water pump replaced , One radiator hose, taillight bulb 4 times,( did myself). break job 4 times, change new battery 4 of them, 5 sets of tires. change oil and filter. give her good gas, Shell. It has 125489 miles on it. Just made an hundred mile trip to central valley yesterday . She runs fine at 70 to 75 seen no highway patrol of course. Engine, radiator, transmission, power steering, air conditioner and heater are all original. Ford 3.0 V6 should cars all be. When I tell people about her they all look at me with wide opened eyes.

Nothing but issues

by Ginch from SK, Canada on Sat Aug 02 2014

dont buy this car ever. I have the GL. If you like working on a terrible car all the time then buyit

Does not recommend this car!!

Waste of Money

by Stace from Virginia on Fri Jan 25 2008

I purchase my '93 Ford Taurus GL used. It has a 3.8 engine. These, I've been told, are notorious for head casket problems. The 3.0 engines are a better fit for the car and 3.8 engines a no longer made.

Does not recommend this car!!

Our Take on the 1993 Ford Taurus

As the 1993 model year winds down, we pass along apologies to Ford Motor Co.

That's apologies, not sympathies.

Sympathies it doesn't deserve after agreeing to a contract with the United Auto Workers that not only guarantees people get paid for not working, but also that they don't have to pay for health care when working or not working.

And to think that Ford Chairman Harold "Red" Poling delayed his retirement date by at least a year to see this contract resolved before he left, when allhe had to do was hand over the keys to the Ford vault to the UAW, with the request: "Don't forget to close the door and turn out the light when you're done, fellas."

But we digress.