1999 Ford Taurus

Very reliable car

by from Albuquerque, NM on August 8, 2017

I had this car for 10 years. It never gave me any trouble. A very good starter car for a young adult.

1999 TAURUS FOR SALE

by from ORLANDO, FL on July 23, 2017

THIS CAR NEEDS A LITTLE TLC AND WILL GIVE YOU GREAT SERVICE FOR YEARS TO COME. HAS NEW TRANY, BATTERY, WATER PUMP, POWER STEERING PUMP

Reliable car for low load use

by from Manchester, NH on July 23, 2017

This is a good car to use for low load transportation. I mainly use it for going to work and coming back. For these kind of work it is a very good car. However, if you really plan to long drive better not to go for this car.

cheep transportation

by from York,Pa on July 21, 2017

This car is nice if you want a car to get to point a to b. Its style is not the best but it for the most part get the job done!

Uses car for Transportingfamily

Needs trans

by from Monror on July 5, 2017

Good car just needs Transmission replaced be a great car or take parts off and make ur car a awesome car

Great First Car

by from Green Bay, WI on December 9, 2015

This was my first car and I learned a lot about car ownership from it. Very reliable driving 50 miles a day to high school, decent gas milage. Did all the regular oil changes and tire rotations and never had a problem. Bought it with about 75,000 and sold it with about 150,000 miles and it's still going strong!

My first car

by from Colorado on August 6, 2013

This is a great car! I've had mine for 8 years now and besides an intermittent battery drain it is still running good! I'll hit 100k miles next time I go driving. While I did have another car while learning to drive, I was given this as a gift from my parents at the start of my last year of high school. I now work where I have to go on not well maintained dirt roads and so far the car is doing alright.

First car ever

by from Chicago, IL on July 1, 2012

This is the first vehicle I ever bought for myself. Bought it used with 67k miles on it and am now around 90k. A few minor problems but otherwise the car has been an absolute joy. Say what you will about Honda and Toyota being more reliable but if you take care of this guy, he'll take care of you. Love the extra power from the 3.0L Duratec V6 also. Can really move which is something most people don't expect when they see this thing. I did replace the factory radio with an aftermarket one and have been pleasantly surprised by the stock audio system. Gets decent mileage for a V6 from this decade too, usually am around 23-24 for bumping around town running errands and have seen it get up to 30mpg when driving on the highway (just keep the needle at 60 and you'll see). Planning to keep this running as long as possible and expect to be driving it well past 200k miles. (Transmissions on the Duratecs usually start to go anywhere between 110k and 130k so I'm keeping my fingers crossed)

Excellent value for the money

by from Foley, AL on February 24, 2012

The Ford Taurus wagon a great poor-man's SUV. Very practical car and good driver. This is all I have to say. I hope this is long enough now.

fords best car since the model -t

by from reading penna. on January 30, 2012

taurus is a great car. there very reliable, and economacle for a midsize car. I have owned 3 so far. i dont know about the newer ones like from 2008 on up. but the older ones are great cars.

Our Expert Review: 1999 Ford Taurus