2000 Ford Taurus

Reliable and Safe

by from Sacramento on July 30, 2017

Great older model 4 door sedan. I owned one for 16 years and made 2 long road trips across the US from CA to the East Coast after it had hit 100k miles. With regular maintenance, these cars can run well over 200k miles and still be reliable.

Good decision

by from Illinois on July 13, 2017

We've had this car for a number of years. It has been driven many miles each way as a commuter, but now we use it as the second car. It is still running although it has some rust.

Still own it.

by from Downers Grove, IL 60515 on July 13, 2017

We still own this car, and although it was once a primary commute car, it is now the second car. We have had many years of good service from this vehicle with very few problems.

My Taurus

by from on June 23, 2017

Overall reliable car. Started every time and always got me where I needed to go. Got everything out of it that I needed.

Good looking fixer upper

by from on May 24, 2017

I purchased a 2000 Ford Taurus using Cars.com. The car looked great, and the price seemed right. There was some important specifics of the vehicle that needed repair that weren't in the add. I rode a greyhound for 17 hours to Oregon from California just to get his car. After a test drive I chose to buy it. I drove it 250 miles back home, and things were fine. Thing changed about a week after purchase. I found so many flaws that I was stunned. I felt duped. The car needs immediate engine repairs just to pass smog on to of some other necessities. Bottom line, I paid too much for a car that needed more than was stated. It's being fixed now, and that's good. This is my daily driver and I have mixed feelings about. This vehicle should have been about $400 less than I paid.

Unfortunate that the exterior is so hideous.

by from Chesterton, Indiana on May 7, 2017

The inside is so comfy and well designed, tons of leg room no matter where you're sitting. I've never had any mechanical problems with it other than a security system malfunction every once in a while but you just have to disconnect the battery for a little so it isn't even a big deal as long as you have some tools on you. The only problem that i have with the car at all is the exterior design is so ugly.

I've had excellant/reliable service so far

by from Lafayette TN on September 27, 2015

'Bought this Taurus new, and have enjoyed reliable/economical service. I've driven this vehicle 350,000 miles as of this date. I've had no issues with it, It has had ongoing/timely preventative maintenance. In 15 years and so many miles and engine hours some fittings/things do wear out. High wear items like ball joints and shocks, some suspension components have been replaced as needed. After so much time in service the A/C system hit its service life and was replaced. The transmission was replaced at 320,000 miles. The car still attains between 27 and 25mpg on the road in level tarrain. The car has provided exceptional service.

Best all around car

by from Kings Mountain, NC on June 2, 2015

2000 with 140K. Very reliable and still looks new. 24 valve gives you all the power you need! Wish they still made this car

Good and Bad

by from GA on December 26, 2014

I got my 2000 taurus in 2002 with 58k on it. It know has 238k and everything on it is wore out. It is breaking down every other day. But it was the most reliable car i have ever owned. After it gets about 200k it will be wore out but before that it was a great car and i would love to get another one.

Horrible Dealership

by from Maryville, MO on March 17, 2013

went to see this car and they didn't even detail it, then the dealer told me it was just dirty because of people driving it. It was filthy! when we got back from driving it he admitted they had forgotten to clean it. A 2hr drive and they couldn't even clean the vehicle. Plus the windshield is cracked, it is starting to rust near the passenger side rear wheel, and the gas gauge goes down super quick (my father says thats an indication of something worse). This car wouldn't have passed Missouri inspection. Save your time and money.

Our Expert Review: 2000 Ford Taurus