Read or write a review.

4.3
Average based on 17 reviews

Would buy again & again

by from Cincinnati, OH on August 1, 2010

I brought this car used in 2006. This car has never failed me, and holds up great. It came through a nasty wreck in the winter of 2008 and it shocked me how well we (me & the car) came out of it. If I had my way, I would never own any other car than a Taurus. Lots of room, very reliable..very very pleased!

Best Value for the Money

by from Kansas City, MO. on August 21, 2009

The 2004 is the third Taurus I've owned; No major problems with any of them. All of them get from 23 to 29 mpg. I've had both sizes of engines and both of them have plenty of power for normal driving. They are easy to drive and very comfortable. I will definitely buy another one when the time comes.

Solid vehicle

by from Colorado on June 11, 2009

This is the second Taurus we've owned, and it has never hiccoughed. Runs smoothly, no trouble. Not fashionable or flashy, but doesn't look excessively dated either. If you're looking for something to move people in comfort, haul groceries, or commute to work, this is a solid choice.

Fords are #1

by from Allentown PA on February 12, 2012

On my 3rd taurus like the ride. I drive 50 miles oneway to work. Got 165k on one and 130k on the other.Just take care of the transmission and they are very good running car.Also have a Sable { Taurus Mercury sister car}.also a great running car..

Happy with my Taurus

by from on November 13, 2008

I cart around two active kids in this car daily. It's dependable and reliable and gets 25 mpg on trips. I would reccomend this as a great all around car, I've been enjoying mine for almost 8 years and I would buy another. It maybe is not the most stylish looking vehicle, but I went with safety over a fancy exterior. The interior is roomy; even with 3 in the back seat.

Great family car

by from Cleveland OH on May 6, 2007

While everyone raves about the Toyotas and Hondas and pay big bucks for those - people overlook the Ford Taurus. You get the same quality car for half the money. My personal Taurus is my daily driver - it has plenty of power to get me around town. The ride quality is very good - it handles Cleveland's potholes and poor weather very good. There is a lot of room for the kids in the backseat. I feel safe putting my family in this car because it is a bigger car. For the import econobox price - I have a larger domestic car - and I support my fellow Americans by buying domestic. All the buttons and switches are nicely placed and have a nice quality feel to them. I have not had any trouble with this car since I bought it and would definiately get another one!

Best Car I Could've Asked For

by from Minneapolis, MN / Los Angeles, CA on June 2, 2014

I inherited my grandparents' 2004 Taurus in 2011, my senior year of high school. My grandparents never had any issues with it, the only service ever done on it was oil changes done by my grandpa himself. It was in fantastic shape when I got it, and I loved it. As my dad would say, there's nothing frilly or attractive about this car, it's definitely not a fun drive, but it's a safe and reliable car. This car lasted through two particularly cruel Minnesota winters, and through a couple cross country drives to my college in Los Angeles, all with ease. It was unfortunately totaled in a horrible accident involving a deer, but had it not been totaled I'm sure it would've lasted me 150,000 miles and beyond. I've heard about Taurses having transmission problems, braking problems, and electrical problems, but my family never had any issues in the ten years we had it. This car is severely underrated in my opinion, and I would recommend it to anyone.

Great car for the money

by from MN on January 27, 2007

I've owned 3 taurus's and have had great luck. Was able to get 278,000 out of my last 2000 model. Would rec. to anyone who is looking for sound transportation.

Great Car

by from on January 23, 2009

This car is very comfortable and very nice to drive and ride in. The features are good. The gas mileage could be a little higher. The engine is good and I've had no problems so far.

Great value ,unpopular,very reliable

by from Dallas on July 9, 2007

Owned 1997, 2001, 2004 and plan to own 2007 Five star US GOV Rating. Also, 6yr/75K Waranty. Ask yourself why...so many cabs are Taurus? Thanks

Similar Models