2006 Ford Taurus

All Reviews

by from St. Paul Minnesota on July 8, 2011

We have had our Ford Taurus for about 3 years now and have put over 100,000 miles on it. We bought it with 15,000 miles for $7,000. We have had no problems with the vehical. We even went 10,000 miles over on our oil change and it still runs great! We thought that we really screwed it up when that happend but still runs like the day we bought it. The only problem was that something that is in the Air Conditioner got loose and had to be tightened. Other wise just schedualed matnance. One problem with the car is that it only gets about 21 mpg. Not terible mpgs but most cars do have better mpgs for being that new as well. If you are condidering this car, you wont be disapointed with it!

by from West Coast on June 21, 2009

I bought a used 2006 Taurus SE 3 years ago and I have to say it's been the best overall car that I've had. I've had virtually no maintenance problems or repairs and it keeps running smoothly no matter what climate or conditions it seems to encounter. The only problem I have had was an idling problem which was cured by having a computer update made to the powertrain, at a cost of under $150.00. The interior is comfortable for long trips, the AC and heating are supreme and have had no problems at all. If I would improve anything, it would be adding ABS as this causes a few minor handling problems, but nothing major if one is knowledgeable in how to correct them. The car is well suited for highway travel and slightly less for stop and go city travel as the mileage for this decreases quite a lot from the highway mileage. It drives well and does well on regular grade gas so it is more economical than cars that require a higher grade of gas.

by from Chandler, AZ on February 19, 2012

This was my daughter's first car and she had it up until this past spring. (10 years). She loved it and it was a good car to her!

by from near Athens, Georgia on March 22, 2011

Bought it used on a rainy day. Both my son and I loved it right away. Drives good, don't have to worry about it's reliability. Gets 21-22 mpg.

by from Illinois on January 10, 2013

I just hit 275,000 miles. I bought it with 70,000 miles. Averaged 31 mpg over life of vehicle. Replaced altenator and radiator. Radiator was damaged in accident though. Still running, though its on its last leg. Overall best value for the dollar I have ever had out owning Hondas, Chevys, Pontiacs, Dodges or my Oldsmobile. It has never left me stranded. Bought for 6,900 dollars.

by from New Hampshire on April 10, 2012

I bought my 2006 in 2007 and it was like new with 15k on it, Five years later and the care drives like it did when I got it, Had it dealer serviced and never had any problems, It is great in snow and icy roads with the all season tires, the only thing with this car is when I lightly touch the excellerator the car takes off, no holding it back.

by from Madison, WI on November 14, 2009

For those who don't like American made cars, or think Camry's and Accord's will outperform, negative. The Taurus, is great for me, because I drive about 90 miles a day, commuting back-and forth to work and school. It gets decent gas (foreign cars do get a little better), but it makes up with it's performance. It drives smooth, probably the smoothest ride I've driven, and here in Wisconsin, we have many potholes and cracks, but it keeps up very well. It also is great for those not trying to spend more than 10k on a vehicle, but want something very nice. The design is fairly basic, yet beautiful, but not to the point people would want to steal it. And, even if they tried, it has an Anti-Theft system built into it, so they're not stealing anything without the designated key. It has power windows (auto driver side), optional moonroof, very very roomy, and a great interior design in my opinion. And most important, it's the most reliable car on the market for everyday drivers. I owned an 87 Taurus which I loved, very reliable too. Also owned an 02 Dodge Intrepid which I hated, so I traded it in 3 months ago, for this Taurus @ 60k, and have had NO issues. Your not going to beat a Taurus reliability. The only downsides, are the model is missing a CD player, but you can get a deck from Best Buy installed for about 200, or use it's Cassette plays with a Ipod adapter, which plays really clear. Also, I have experienced my gas pedal sticking two times, but I just pressed on it again, and it was fine. Bottomline: If you want the flashiest car on the street, this isn't for you. BUT, if you want a great car, reliable, safe, spacious, and won't break your pockets, this is the best bet, no doubt about it.

by from Raleigh, N.C. on December 8, 2012

I bought this car because I had ownwd two of the same kind before The overall performance is really great!! The take off is always smooth with no jerking or hesitation - pick up speed is remarkable - this car is very good on oil and gas. (I live in town and my avg. MPG is 20.0) Out on the open road---I am good to go!!! The engine is always "smooth" idling and running. She starts up first time every time. It is the best thing going!!!

by from Las vegas, Nevada on March 5, 2015

This is my first car. I got it about three years ago. It runs well, and the ride is smooth and quiet. I will say though, at least with mine, there is no slow take off. The car idles high and when I take my foot off the brake it is ready to go. I have had no trouble with it in the snow or the rain, and it handles fairly well. The brakes are not overly sensitive which is nice, because I hate it when I barely tap the brakes in someone else's car and it acts like I slammed them. The inside is roomy and there is plenty of space in the trunk. Since I bought it, other than oil, I have had to get a new battery, new tires, new windshield wipers, and now because it slid off track and shattered a new driver side window. My complaints with the car is that I have no heat in it. I have had everything imaginable looked at for that problem but so far no solution. The mpg is average at best getting 21 mpg on the highway and 19 in the city, and the speakers leave much to be desired. But it is a good starter car especially since the outside is ugly so it hasn't bothered me much if I bump into anything since all I am doing is adding character to an otherwise boring car.

by from Tampa, FL on November 7, 2011

Unbeatable car for the money.Low maintenance, good mileage, good room, decent performance. Ford let down on the interior. Whoever designed the cup holders ought to be shot. Brakes have a dead feel. They stop fine, but feel is totally wooden. This last year of the Taurus shows how Ford took their eye off the ball. We also have a 1997 Taurus that feels like totally different car from a handling, stopping, and accelerating.