2014 Taurus

4.7 out of 5 starsValue for the Money
4.8 out of 5 starsReliability

best car i've owe

by thatdrummer from waldorf MD on December 6, 2013

I have had this car for a little over 3 months and I love it. This is the best car I've ever own. I test drove over 5 different cars before I decided to buy this car. I have the SEL model it drives great, nice interior great sound system and it has all the features of a luxury car with out the price tag. U can't go wrong with this car. I like the 2014 impala but I believe the Taurus is a much better car for the money.

Great value

by car junkie from Fredericksburg VA on October 28, 2015

My other cars are a Mercedes GL 450, King Ranch truck and Corvette. That said: My car is an SEL. This car is an exceptional value (but no resale value - go figure!). Very roomy and a very comfortable ride. Acceleration was a big surprise. About as good as my old Mustang GT. I get over 30 MPG on the freeway so a peppy car plus mileage is a big plus. The paint is very good. Thick and lustrous. The fit and finish on the exterior is only marred by a poor fit of the passenger side chrome above the window. Should be an easy fix for the dealer. The interior has a very good look and fit and finish is fine. I have only 2 complaints: 1 - This car should have hill start assist 2 - The tire pressure should be by tire not just a warning that a tire is low Other than that this car performs/rides as well as many more expensive full size cars. Compares favorably to my previously owned Acura RL and Legend.

Comfortable ride with nice features

by Mike from Westerly, RI on August 13, 2015

This is my first Ford Taurus. I bought this car with 17,000 miles on it. So it was pretty new to me. Had a problem with the lower control arm and ball joint on the driver side but the 36,000 mile warranty covered the coast to fix it. I think the previous owner hit a lot of pot holes. Other than that it is a smooth ride and has plenty of power to get on the highway and up to speed. Gas mileage is good for a V6 also. I like the SYNC system and the Travel link system with updated weather and traffic reports. If you are good with electronics and have the patients to learn the system then there shouldn't be a problem. Did notice that the hood and the doors do not line up as good as they should but overall it has been a good car so far.

3rd and best Taurus Yet

by Skeets from Florida on October 30, 2014

This is my 3rd Taurus, the other two were limited and this is a SEL. The only thing I miss is the programmable seats. The car is roomy, agile and has more then enough get up and go. Everyone said "Oh Really another Taurus" then the drove in it, they are looking at them now. Great value for the money and gas mileage is great.

Followup on my Ruby Red beauty

by Blue Ovel Proud from Lexington, KY on June 18, 2015

My review of July 14, 2014 is being up dated.. The car itself is all that I expected, except for the Goodyear 255/45R19 RSA that came OE from the factory. at 12,000 miles Goodyear replace the tires at an "adjusted" price of $407.00 with tires that are worse than the OE fitment. Excessive road noise and vibration at highway speeds. I highly recommend this car, but only with something other than Goodyear tires.

Taurus Sho

by Driver from Krum,Texas on May 16, 2014

Performance is Excellent fast,smooth,lots of tech gadgets all seem to work great nice ride,classy lookin handles well only complaint is fit and finish should take more care in that area seems like some soft paint on front bumper maybe and trunk lid had to be aligned so we will see but overall first impressions are overall good

Luv my 2014 Ford Taurus,

by Ralphmaxx from Mid Atlantic region. on October 18, 2014

This is a great car, I purchased it 7 months ago, I now have over 11,000 miles on this car, With the v6 I got 31 MPG for over 220 miles on I-81. I was averaging 70 mph.220 miles in 3hr and 15 minutes. I love the acceleration when getting a crowded interstate, Just put the transmission in S and push the throttle.

The quietest front wheel drive car Iv'e owened.

by Road car critic from Bryan, Texas on December 19, 2013

This car is roomy, quiet and a pleasure to drive compared to front wheel drive cars I have owned in the past and the cars I tested before I purchased my 2014 Taurus. The seats front an back are comfortable for my 6.1 foot frame and I look forward to driving and riding in this car. The acceleration is more than ample and handling is great.

2nd Taurus that I owned and I just love it

by Ron from Spring Valley WI on July 31, 2015

This is my wife car that I get to drive on the weekends. There is a ton of room and it gets good gas mileage. The ride is smooth and it is pretty quite. All around a good car for the price

Love Fords

by Ford for me from WPB, FL on July 12, 2014

The Taurus is a great car. For my money I am a one who is loyal to Fords. In 52 years I made ony one poor choice in a vehical, The Mustang II. I have owed other vehicals but always go back to Ford. The Taurus is as confortable and reliable a car as any other car of it's size. I feel as good in it as if I was sitting in a bigger car. I always found My Fords to be good performers and I have always bought an American brand, trucks or cars, thats just my preferance. I do like some models of other car brands but what ever you drive go try a Ford.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7