2019 G70

2019 Genesis G70

#8 Most Popular Sedan
2019 Genesis G70

Have You Driven the 2019 Genesis G70?

Most luxurious car I’ve owned.

by JohnnyG53 from Anthem, AZ on Sun Feb 03 2019

I’ve leased Toyota’s, Volvo’s, Nissans, a BMW and now my first Genesis. I always wanted a BMW and that was my last car. A 2015 428i convertible. It was a dream and I planned on buying out the lease. However, they wanted more than the KBB said it was worth. So I began the task of searching for my next love. That’s when the ads began promoting the new Genesis G70. OMG...style, luxury, drive and affordability. After leasing vehicles for over 30 years, I was pleased to purchase the G70. It has all the bells and whistles. Navigation with a very pleasant woman’s voice. Seating for 4 with the same comforts in the back seat as in the front. Luxurious light gray quilted leather. Driving assist, 8 cameras that allow you to see all around and above your car. And very high end comforts that you see in cars almost twice the price.

Young Again

by G70-Man from California on Fri May 24 2019

I'm 57 years old. It's time for me to get my sports car so that I can relive my youth. That's where the Genesis g70 comes in. I test drove BMW 440i, Mercedes C 300, and I did not test drive the Audi ( I wanted rear wheel drive, not all wheel drive). The Genesis g70 was the only vehicle that make me happy to be in it while I was test driving it. The others handle nicely, but they didn't do anything for me. With the Genesis g70 I'm smiling everyday, and have a lot of extra money in my pocket for not choosing one of the three Gs(3 German's) BMW, Audi, and Mercedes.

Great car, but first year issues.

by TTChicago from Chicago, IL on Mon Oct 21 2019

This car is amazing, and an incredible value for the money. On the road it is smooth, and much quieter than some of my previous cars, like the 2014 Mazda 3 and an older Toyota Corolla. However, it is not nearly as quiet as the Genesis G80 or Chrysler 300 that I’ve rented and driven. For example, my Genesis G70 3.3T AWD with Elite package does NOT come with an acoustic windshield or acoustic side glass. As a result, anything past 65 mph on the highway gets loud, fast. On crappy Chicago pavement the ride is firm, but not crashy, just right for me. However the car does quickly reveal random buzzes and rattles, which is concerning in a car in this price range. Most Toyota and Lexus cars, and even the Genesis G80 had no interior rattles on the same streets. The best part about this car is the 3.3 liter engine, and the handling. The car can be violently fast when you want it to be, and the steering feels “on rails”, especially when taking on or exit ramps at high speeds. The engine makes an OK sound, but even with the audio pumped into the cabin, it doesn’t sound aggressive enough. Definitely better than any 4 cylinder sound, though. Quality is proving to be a bit of a concern. The dealer has to fix a B pillar panel that is coming unglued on the outside driver’s door of the car...and it’s only 3 weeks old. In addition, the air conditioning system developed some strange noises. The dealer will be taking a look at that as well. Finally, Genesis Connected Services did not work for two weeks because the car’s modem would not recognize the USIM card. That was eventually resolved. It may be worth waiting a year or two for production issues to get worked out.

Extremely Reliable, performance, luxury

by Tomaz from Colorado Springs, Colorado on Sat Jun 01 2019

This car has the unique feature of luxury and performance all in one. Vehicle counts with a number of inside features and spacing similar to luxury cars, but a speed performance capabilities.

Beautiful Car

by Neva from Shrewsbury, NJ on Mon Apr 22 2019

Outstanding vehicle, smooth ride, incredible tech features, hugs the road, comfortable interior, luxury all the way. Former BMW owner, and this puts the 3-series to shame.

This car has it all!

by GenesisMark from East Brunswick, NJ on Sat Aug 17 2019

At a price point in the low $50K's the Genesis G70 3.3T is an awesome car! Comfort and styling are great and performance....this car has crazy fast acceleration! I have had BMW 550's and Lexus IS-350 F-Sports, but the Genesis is by far my favorite.

Unbelievable car.

by mks0031 from Huntsville, AL on Wed May 13 2020

I purchased a 2019 Genesis G70 about a month ago. This car caught my eye a year and a half ago when I first saw one at an auto show. I made the change from a Lexus to the G70 and it has not disappointed. A couple pros worth mentioning: Exterior/Interior: The material used is high quality. The package I chose did not include the napa leather, but it is still wonderful. Lots of chrome features on the exterior that add flare and class. Some people dislike it, but it is one of my favorite things about the car. Navigation/infotainment system: Easy to use. This should be a given for any luxury vehicle, however the Lexus vehicles I am used to driving are TERRIBLE. The infotainment system is almost impossible to use while driving. Genesis managed to make their system much more user friendly without sacrificing any features. Voice command is incredible in this car. Performance: This is my biggest pro. This car is a beast. I love that it has drive modes. Eco and comfort are comparable in my opinion. I can put it in cruise on the highway and it is a smooth, quiet ride where I average 25-26 mpg during this phase of my commute. In one second you can switch it to sport mode and it is a completely different vehicle. It handles curves like you wouldn't believe and accelerates 0-60 in roughly 4 and a half seconds.. If you're into tracking your car it does have features such as launch control, a lap timer, etc. I test drove other vehicles and the only thing that might beat out the G70 is the 2020 BMW M340i.. It has a little bit of an edge in the performance, but not enough to justify $20k price gap. The only con I have for this vehicle is the dealership experience. In case anyone reading this isn't aware- Genesis currently has zero stand-alone dealerships. Some label themselves as Genesis of "wherever", but they are all currently Hyundai dealerships that can sell Genesis vehicles. I have nothing personal against Hyundai, in fact we used to have one and loved it enough to put 250k miles on it. However, Hyundai dealerships are a let down when it comes to luxury vehicles. I'm not trying to come off as a snob, but almost everyone I've worked with at the dealership lacks knowledge about the car, from what I've been told- the typical loaner you receive is an Elantra if you're dropping of your G70, G80 or G90. This doesn't bother me too much personally, it is only for a day, but I will say if they want to survive in the luxury market, then they will have to do better than an Elantra with an $18k MSRP as a loaner for someone dropping of there $75k G90.

Genesis G70 Design model is outstanding

by Chris from Duxbury, Ma on Tue Sep 24 2019

Smooth ride with incredible acceleration. All the bells and whistles. All safety features included. Beautiful car. Luxury all the way through. Could not be more happy with decision to buy a Genesis

A Great Sports Sedan

by Ruissimo from New York, NY on Sat Jul 27 2019

This is a great sports sedan. Rear legroom is a little tight, but average for the segment, and everything else is above par: performance, comfort, technology and luxury - it’s all here

Beautiful Car

by MsG70 from McDonough, ga on Thu Aug 29 2019

The cat has met all of my needs. There is plenty of leg room in the front seats, the leg room for the back seats is a little tight. The ride is great!!!

1 2 3 4 5

Our Take on the 2019 Genesis G70

The verdict:

Few sport sedans are as well-rounded as the 2019 Genesis G70, the latest prodigy from Hyundai’s budding Genesis luxury brand.

Versus the competition:

The G70 holds its own on the driving front — a significant feat in a class engineered for fun behind the wheel. But its greatest assets are the practicality and value many rivals hold in short supply.

Yet again, Genesis gives brand-unconscious luxury shoppers the last laugh. It did as much with the G80 and G90, two larger sedans introduced two model years back (or reintroduced under the Genesis name). The G70 packs the winning formula in a smaller package — it’s about a foot shorter and around $7,000 less expensive than the G80 — with compelling results.

On sale now, the sedan offers two turbocharged engines: a 2.0-liter four-cylinder and a 3.3-liter V-6, with standard rear-wheel drive or optional all-wheel drive. An eight-speed automatic transmission drives both, but you can also get the 2.0-liter with a six-speed manual. I drove all the engines, transmissions and drivelines over three days... Read More