Read or write a review.

4.2
Average based on 35 reviews

Frustrated

by from Peru, IL on June 28, 2012

I love everything about the 2007 Acadia other than the fact that we have never had so many problems with a vehicle transmission ever. It has been pulled twice and worked on three times. Third time's the charm? We also have an electrical problem where the window and the heated seat wouldn't work. It took the dealership a while to uh.. listen and get the actual problem fixed.

Most Versatile Car I've Owned

by from Augusta, GA on May 6, 2011

Let me just start by saying I love this car! We must have looked at every family sized car by every make before deciding on this and I have no regrets! A full size suv with a midsize gas rating! I love the way the second row captains chairs collapse to allow room for me to actually get to the third row to strap in a carseat. The pass through between the seats is great for my older kids...and saves on having to collapse the second row for entry and exit. Its the only thrid row three adults are actually comfortable in that Ive found. Its a very comfortable ride (roadwise), except on long trips I wish the driver seat was more comfortable (our 2007 have manual lumbar support). Our 2007 was very reasonable $$ for others comparable in its class ( up to $6000 less). If the dealer didnt tell me this was a v6 I would have thought it had a v8. Lots of get up and go! Highly recommend for a family.

Great vehicle - Happy customer

by from Florida on January 13, 2010

I have read the negative and I am sorry for all of you with Acadia trouble. I got mine brand new in 2007 and have never thought twice about it. It is the best vehicle I have ever owned and I have had more than 20. It is a great design inside and out, remote start and backup alarm for the blind spots. I always take pristine care of my vehicles and keep them up like brand new, so this one looks and even smells new although it is 3 years old. I would recommend these to anyone with a family or to a single mother or father, as they are designed for convenience to get to the 3rd row seats and can carry quite a lot of cargo as well. Happy motoring everyone!!!!

A Huge Disappointment

by from Fort Myers, FL on February 4, 2008

I have read the reviews on this site and most are favorable. I am not happy with my Acadia. The amount of money that I spent to get a tope of the line car and I only get average performance. The car has been in the shop more times than I care to talk about. After only 3,000 miles I noticed the front end had a popping noise as if the axle were breaking into pieces. I was told it was the strut supports and that the problem had been corrected. It has been in the shop three times since with the same complaint and they tell me they can not recreate the problem. Good thing this is only a lease. THe car shakes as if it is going to die at red lights. I have complained about this several times only to be told they can not recreate the problem. After spending nearly 45,000.00 on a vehicle I would expect near perfection. I have gotten far from it. Boy do I miss my Expedition.

2007 Acadia

by from Springfield, MO on April 14, 2012

Love the transaction with the lot. My Acadia has everything the wife was wanting and everything I desired in our next vehicle.

Acadia Lover!

by from Austin, TX on April 15, 2009

I have had this vehicle for almost 2 years now and I have absolutely LOVED every minute of driving it. Extremely comfortable, stylish, and functional. Highly recommend.

Transmission failed

by from Scottsdale, AZ on May 30, 2007

I purchased the Acadia on Saturday with 16 miles on it. Four days later on Tuesday I was on the way to work, when I went to take off from a red light it would not move. It was towed to the dealership and the transmission had gone out. It must be replaced after only 78 miles???? Needless to say I am not happy and currently fighting with the dealership to replace the Acadia or rescind the deal. I should have known better than to buy a first model year car. Buyers beware, I wonder if anyone else has had the same problem.

Great for busy moms

by from Grayslake, IL on December 14, 2012

I bought the Acadia mostly for the 3rd row. Mine is loaded and i LOVE IT!! Second row captains chairs are super convenient, third row folds up and down easily.. Perfect size for families of all sizes.

Love the car hate the transmission

by from Salem,WI on March 4, 2007

I purchased one of these last week and I must say from my first hands on with the car I was sold. I loved the styling and the room you get with this vehicle. I was looking for something with more room and was leaning toward a larger SUV till I found this one. I have many good things to say about the vehicle but I also have some things I would surely like addressed, the transmission being my biggest gripe. On a flat road this thing gets up and goes quickly but I live in a area with many inclines and the transmission always seems to shift into a higher gear when climbing even a slight increase in grade, which gives a feeling of being disconnected from the vehicle almost like the engine has shut down on you. It's a weird feeling to say the least and one I'm having a hard time dealing with. A quick press on the gas pedal will get you moving again as you can the hear the engine rev but I strongly feel they need to rethink how this thing shifts on grades. Perhaps a simple program change or a tilt sensor to indicate when to downshift to keep RPM's up. It's really my main problem with the car and IMO one that I'd like to see fixed ASAP. Sure you can switch over to low and shift yourself but for over $30,000 I would think it should be set-up to do that on it's own. Another thing I would change is the depth you must go too to get your seat belt buckled. They're going to need to raise the buckle up a bit to allow easier access. If you have a winter jacket on it's really a bear to get the strap down that far on your side. The last thing of course is the Speedometer. Left side gentlemen it should go on the left side and be easier to read. Graduations marked at every 20 mph keeps me looking down too long to check on my speed and not on the road. I realize the last two remarks might just be personal preference but none the less it's something I'd like to see fixed. OK gripe is done. All in all an awesome vehicle and one I would recommend highly if they could just solve the solve the above issues. A tweak here and there and I'd be leasing a new one of these every 3 years. I say give it a drive and see for yourself, I feel they are on to something big here. Excellent bang for the buck.

Fire it up!

by from indianapolis, in. on March 25, 2009

I love my Acadia. It is a dream on the highway. Navigation and onstar are great. The only problem is that the dealer cannot stop the whining in my power steering.

Our Expert Review: 2007 Gmc Acadia