2007 Acadia

3.9 out of 5 starsValue for the Money
3.6 out of 5 starsReliability

Most Versatile Car I've Owned

by Nominivanforme from Augusta, GA on May 6, 2011

Let me just start by saying I love this car! We must have looked at every family sized car by every make before deciding on this and I have no regrets! A full size suv with a midsize gas rating! I love the way the second row captains chairs collapse to allow room for me to actually get to the third row to strap in a carseat. The pass through between the seats is great for my older kids...and saves on having to collapse the second row for entry and exit. Its the only thrid row three adults are actually comfortable in that Ive found. Its a very comfortable ride (roadwise), except on long trips I wish the driver seat was more comfortable (our 2007 have manual lumbar support). Our 2007 was very reasonable $$ for others comparable in its class ( up to $6000 less). If the dealer didnt tell me this was a v6 I would have thought it had a v8. Lots of get up and go! Highly recommend for a family.

Great vehicle - Happy customer

by KevinJ from Florida on January 13, 2010

I have read the negative and I am sorry for all of you with Acadia trouble. I got mine brand new in 2007 and have never thought twice about it. It is the best vehicle I have ever owned and I have had more than 20. It is a great design inside and out, remote start and backup alarm for the blind spots. I always take pristine care of my vehicles and keep them up like brand new, so this one looks and even smells new although it is 3 years old. I would recommend these to anyone with a family or to a single mother or father, as they are designed for convenience to get to the 3rd row seats and can carry quite a lot of cargo as well. Happy motoring everyone!!!!

Love the car hate the transmission

by Incline challenged from Salem,WI on March 4, 2007

I purchased one of these last week and I must say from my first hands on with the car I was sold. I loved the styling and the room you get with this vehicle. I was looking for something with more room and was leaning toward a larger SUV till I found this one. I have many good things to say about the vehicle but I also have some things I would surely like addressed, the transmission being my biggest gripe. On a flat road this thing gets up and goes quickly but I live in a area with many inclines and the transmission always seems to shift into a higher gear when climbing even a slight increase in grade, which gives a feeling of being disconnected from the vehicle almost like the engine has shut down on you. It's a weird feeling to say the least and one I'm having a hard time dealing with. A quick press on the gas pedal will get you moving again as you can the hear the engine rev but I strongly feel they need to rethink how this thing shifts on grades. Perhaps a simple program change or a tilt sensor to indicate when to downshift to keep RPM's up. It's really my main problem with the car and IMO one that I'd like to see fixed ASAP. Sure you can switch over to low and shift yourself but for over $30,000 I would think it should be set-up to do that on it's own. Another thing I would change is the depth you must go too to get your seat belt buckled. They're going to need to raise the buckle up a bit to allow easier access. If you have a winter jacket on it's really a bear to get the strap down that far on your side. The last thing of course is the Speedometer. Left side gentlemen it should go on the left side and be easier to read. Graduations marked at every 20 mph keeps me looking down too long to check on my speed and not on the road. I realize the last two remarks might just be personal preference but none the less it's something I'd like to see fixed. OK gripe is done. All in all an awesome vehicle and one I would recommend highly if they could just solve the solve the above issues. A tweak here and there and I'd be leasing a new one of these every 3 years. I say give it a drive and see for yourself, I feel they are on to something big here. Excellent bang for the buck.

Acadia Lover!

by AcadiaLover from Austin, TX on April 15, 2009

I have had this vehicle for almost 2 years now and I have absolutely LOVED every minute of driving it. Extremely comfortable, stylish, and functional. Highly recommend.

Fire it up!

by Road Dog from indianapolis, in. on March 25, 2009

I love my Acadia. It is a dream on the highway. Navigation and onstar are great. The only problem is that the dealer cannot stop the whining in my power steering.

Great for busy moms

by Mom of 2 from Grayslake, IL on December 14, 2012

I bought the Acadia mostly for the 3rd row. Mine is loaded and i LOVE IT!! Second row captains chairs are super convenient, third row folds up and down easily.. Perfect size for families of all sizes.

Best Crossover vehicle!!!

by GMC GUY from Oklahoma on May 1, 2007

I have owned GMC vehicles before and this is the best! It gets great gas mileage and still has plenty of room for all the kids. And with the best overall safety rating you can't go wrong! Thanks GMC ACADIA!

My first SUV

by Turkeyhunter from Rollingstone, MN on April 24, 2007

I have never owned a SUV before. I had originally done a lot of research on another GM model until I sat in the Acadia. I was sold immediately. After driving my Acadia for approximately one month now, my only complaint is the "jerky" transmission when going up an incline. It is annoying and I have noticed a few other reviews that also mentioned this issue. Do you think there will be a recall to correct this? After spending this amount of money on a vehicle, it's important to me that it performs perfectly. The spaciousness, handling, and appearance is a great asset to the Acadia and I am overall pleased with it. I will consider purchasing another one in three years and would recommend it to others in a heart beat.

Best vehicle I've ever owned!

by Singstress from Texas on October 14, 2007

The best of both worlds - drives like a car and has the cargo capablility of an SUV! I like this far better than the Expedition I previously drove. My only complaint: that there are only 3 choices for interior color...all black, nearly all black or red.... Favorite thing: the heads-up display. When on a long drive at night, it's absolutely fabulous to see all the important info in front of you without taking your eyes off the road. GMC has a huge hit on their hands!

A winner! GM's got a home run with this one!

by Big Daddy from Virginia on February 12, 2007

Just test drove this vehicle with the family. I did not want to bring it back. The engine and 6 speed transmission performed beautifully. The interior and dash are well thought out. The kids were very comfortable. It's a beautiful car! I'm gushing, and I haven't done that about an automobile for a long time. Finally, a big hit out of the park for GM. I'm trading in the '03 Yukon and buying an Acadia this week.

1 2 3 4 5