Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2008 Acadia

2008 GMC Acadia

2008 GMC Acadia

4.0

Have You Driven the 2008 GMC Acadia?

Happy with my 2008 Acadia

by Jim from Libertyville, IL on Mon Jan 14 2008

I purchased this 08 Acadia about a month ago. So far I am very satisfied with my purchase. I reviewed this model quite a bit before I made the purchase. One expert review talked about the center dashboard features being a little confusing and yes, they are. The buttons for the a/c, defroster, etc. are very small. The ride of this vehicle is very nice and I am enjoying the remote start and remote liftgate. I wish the rear window was a little bigger and opened separately from having to open the entire liftgate. As no vehicle is perfect, I have enjoyed my purchase to date.

Ashbaugh

by Ashbaugh from Great Bend kansas on Mon Jan 16 2017

We bought our 2008 Acadia in 2015 and the after 3 months the transmission went out, we found there was a recall and we got it fixed. Now it's 2017 and we just found out the transmission is going out in it yet again and GMC said since we got it fixed the first time that they could not help. We are going to have to shell out and have it replaced again and once we do that we are trading it in.

Does not recommend this car!!

Everything I Expected

by Hockeydad from Buffalo, New York on Wed Sep 10 2008

I needed an eight passenger automobile and was tired of minivans. I have two sons that play travel hockey and need all the room I can get. We recently drove it on a 800 mile vacation, with seven people and loads of luggage and got 22 MPG! Everyone was very comfortable and the 10 speaker Bose sound system was excellent...to say nothing of the Onstar directions and XM Radio. The seats are comfortable, the gauges easily viewed both day and night. Our Acadia has the sunroof and back sheet moonroof and this has proven to be a nice feature. While the vehicle was nearly loaded, one thing I did not get was the rear-backup camera. I wisk I had, as it is so big and sometimes hard to see behind you. Overall, GM finally hit one out of the park with this one....great vehicle. Here's hoping, it maintains the performance and reliability of some of the foreign cars.

Great Crossover

by Fr8ers from Michigan on Sun Feb 01 2009

After test driving similar crossovers from other makers this one won out. The rear camera is a great bonus for backing up in tight areas.

My magic carpet ride

by mom on the run from American Fork, Utah on Tue Mar 26 2013

I looked and saved up for my Acadia for over a year. I reviewed and compared it to everything! I love my bucket seats, which are easy for kids to get to the third row with out having to flip the seat forward. so nice! I love the leather and heated seats! It would have been cool if my second sun roof opened as well but my ids still love that they have a moon roof too. I don't love the sunroof covers. i wish they were more solid and not a flimsy fabric. memory seats are great and i love the electronic back hatch. back up assistant is great as well especially with children! Some times my DVD player doesn't read my disc and I have to try several times for it to read it. :/ I LOVE whatever its called that shoots my speed up on the windshield! that is a lifesaver! over all i love my car and would recommend it to any mom!

Comfortable and Reliable

by GMC Driver from Warren, MI on Mon Aug 04 2008

With over 8,500 miles on it in only 3 months, i have spent enough time in the Acadia to know it is the best CUV on the market. The ride is comfortable and the features are great for the kids on the longer trips. Fuel economy is awesome at 18 city and 24 hwy!!! GM did great by me on this one. All my neighbors want one too, look out Toyota.

Best vehicle I've owned so far!

by HazlEyz317 from Columbus, GA on Tue Apr 18 2017

This Acadia was the very first new vehicle I purchased. I fell in love with the interior space, towing capacity and overall style. I loved being able to have 8 family members in the vehicle at once, especially when we drove home (Texas) for our family reunions and PCSing as a military family. I had this vehicle for 9 years and am finally upgrading to something new. If I could buy this exact vehicle in a 2017 instead of 2008, I would!

Best Choice for Families

by AliMc from Lubbock, TX on Mon Sep 08 2008

With plenty of room and a great look, I am very pleased with my choice. I looked at all 3 row seating SUVs and CUVs, and the Acadia is by far the best choice for the money.

Excellent Product

by Josh from Phoenix AZ on Thu May 22 2008

We traded in a Jeep Liberty for the Acadia and WOW what a change! The seats are very comfortable, all of the controls are easy to use and access from the driver seat. I love all of the extra storage compartments and the center consule is by far my favorite thing. We are getting 18.5 mpg in town back and forth to work I couldn't believe it is getting that good of mileage in town. If your looking at one you need to go and test drive one you will not be disapointed I promise you that. We have 26,000 miles and haven't had a single problem with it we couldn't be more satisfied. These are the kind of vehicles that will keep GM on top of the heap!

Got some definite issues

by stahly0203 from Norfolk, NE on Fri Nov 02 2018

I love the interior of the vehicle - exactly what I was looking for. LEather seats, very comfortable, captain's chairs in back and a third row. The console is very roomy. Here are the issues I have: The vehicle "Surges" when you hit the gas. Sometimes it goes faster, sometimes it lags 2 or 3 seconds and then it zooms. (2) it runs hot. Gets almost to the red and then it will back itself down. (3) the battery is overcharging all the time. It goes above the 13 that is the middle and sits between that and the 17 (red zone). No one has been able to explain any of this to me. (4) It left me stranded in Walmart. Wouldn't start so my mechanic replaced the starter. The next time it did that, I used the remote and it started right up. It seems to have an issue if I turn the car off, then use the battery in some way - like lissten to the radio. So far, when that happens, I've been able to use the remote but I'm mad I paid $400 for a starter I probably didn't need. (5) the DVD/CD player doesn't work. This is a big selling point since I have grandchildren. To be fair, this car had 125K miles on it when I bought it, but I still expected to have everything in working order.

Does not recommend this car!!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Our Take on the 2008 GMC Acadia

Editor's note: This review was written in April 2007 about the FWD version of the 2007 GMC Acadia. Little of substance has changed with this year's model. To see what details are different this year, check out a side-by-side comparison of the two model years.

GMC's all-new Acadia is a full-size crossover with room for up to eight. It's a large people-mover meant to appeal to the brand's target audience: truck-buyers. Surprisingly, the Acadia pulls that off. This is one handsome crossover. Yukon buyers won't lose any of that model's tough-guy look if they opt for this more fuel-efficient, but less powerful, SUV. It can't tow as much as the Yukon, but it fits the bill of an everyday suburban transport much... Read More