2008 Acadia

3.7 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

SUV v Acadia

by Cars from New Jersey on December 26, 2011

I have had SUV's for years and made the switch to the cross-over. The Acadia has an appealing exterior with an even more impressive interior. We got the SLT-2 AWD with Titanium leather. This vehicle has more than enough room inside and is just a joy to drive. The tow rating is sturdy enough to handle all of my trailering needs. It is truly a luxurious vehicle, the engineers though of almost everything for driver and passenger comfort.

Happy with my 2008 Acadia

by Jim from Libertyville, IL on January 14, 2008

I purchased this 08 Acadia about a month ago. So far I am very satisfied with my purchase. I reviewed this model quite a bit before I made the purchase. One expert review talked about the center dashboard features being a little confusing and yes, they are. The buttons for the a/c, defroster, etc. are very small. The ride of this vehicle is very nice and I am enjoying the remote start and remote liftgate. I wish the rear window was a little bigger and opened separately from having to open the entire liftgate. As no vehicle is perfect, I have enjoyed my purchase to date.

Great Crossover

by Fr8ers from Michigan on February 1, 2009

After test driving similar crossovers from other makers this one won out. The rear camera is a great bonus for backing up in tight areas.

My magic carpet ride

by mom on the run from American Fork, Utah on March 26, 2013

I looked and saved up for my Acadia for over a year. I reviewed and compared it to everything! I love my bucket seats, which are easy for kids to get to the third row with out having to flip the seat forward. so nice! I love the leather and heated seats! It would have been cool if my second sun roof opened as well but my ids still love that they have a moon roof too. I don't love the sunroof covers. i wish they were more solid and not a flimsy fabric. memory seats are great and i love the electronic back hatch. back up assistant is great as well especially with children! Some times my DVD player doesn't read my disc and I have to try several times for it to read it. :/ I LOVE whatever its called that shoots my speed up on the windshield! that is a lifesaver! over all i love my car and would recommend it to any mom!

Everything I Expected

by Hockeydad from Buffalo, New York on September 10, 2008

I needed an eight passenger automobile and was tired of minivans. I have two sons that play travel hockey and need all the room I can get. We recently drove it on a 800 mile vacation, with seven people and loads of luggage and got 22 MPG! Everyone was very comfortable and the 10 speaker Bose sound system was excellent...to say nothing of the Onstar directions and XM Radio. The seats are comfortable, the gauges easily viewed both day and night. Our Acadia has the sunroof and back sheet moonroof and this has proven to be a nice feature. While the vehicle was nearly loaded, one thing I did not get was the rear-backup camera. I wisk I had, as it is so big and sometimes hard to see behind you. Overall, GM finally hit one out of the park with this one....great vehicle. Here's hoping, it maintains the performance and reliability of some of the foreign cars.

Ashbaugh

by Ashbaugh from Great Bend kansas on January 16, 2017

We bought our 2008 Acadia in 2015 and the after 3 months the transmission went out, we found there was a recall and we got it fixed. Now it's 2017 and we just found out the transmission is going out in it yet again and GMC said since we got it fixed the first time that they could not help. We are going to have to shell out and have it replaced again and once we do that we are trading it in.

Does not recommend this car!!

Comfortable and Reliable

by GMC Driver from Warren, MI on August 4, 2008

With over 8,500 miles on it in only 3 months, i have spent enough time in the Acadia to know it is the best CUV on the market. The ride is comfortable and the features are great for the kids on the longer trips. Fuel economy is awesome at 18 city and 24 hwy!!! GM did great by me on this one. All my neighbors want one too, look out Toyota.

Buyer Beware....Seriously!!!!

by Softballmom from Wastonville, CA on April 18, 2017

Fell in love with the Acadia when I rented one to drive to San Diego. Loved everything about it so found a used 08 for 17K and bought it. At first it was wonderful then things went really really wrong. My husband was smart to buy the extended warranty (as some rude person pointed out to do with a used car) so we used it to replace the water pump and a myriad of other very large mechanical issue. Then our first rain, the sunroof leaked and flooded my car. Took it in and GMC cleared the drains for the 2nd time since the sunroof leaks regardless. Still leaks and floods my car every time it rains. Gears started shifting hard and acceleration went way down. Cannot roll passenger windows down from drivers controls, dash lights are 50% on, remote locking system 20% reliable, etc. Now at 140k we have been told by GMC it will cost 7k to fix. Its only worth 7k. Selling for $2500 to get rid of it and start from square one, $30,000 later.

Does not recommend this car!!

Best Choice for Families

by AliMc from Lubbock, TX on September 8, 2008

With plenty of room and a great look, I am very pleased with my choice. I looked at all 3 row seating SUVs and CUVs, and the Acadia is by far the best choice for the money.

Best vehicle I've owned so far!

by HazlEyz317 from Columbus, GA on April 18, 2017

This Acadia was the very first new vehicle I purchased. I fell in love with the interior space, towing capacity and overall style. I loved being able to have 8 family members in the vehicle at once, especially when we drove home (Texas) for our family reunions and PCSing as a military family. I had this vehicle for 9 years and am finally upgrading to something new. If I could buy this exact vehicle in a 2017 instead of 2008, I would!

1 2 3 4 5 6