Read or write a review.

4.2
Average based on 21 reviews

Preformed Very Well in Head on Collison

by from on November 2, 2016

I am a mother of 3 and had a 2014 GMC Acadia SLT for about 8 months when I was hit head on. I broke my foot pushing the brake peddle but my 2 year old was not harmed at all. Not even a bruise. Approximate 80 mph impact. Air bags deployed perfectly. Car took the hit well. I felt like I had a very safe vehicle after seeing how it handled that head on collison. I will be searching for another GMC Acadia as a replacement. I can't say enough about how well this vehicle handled in that type of collision. Very proud to have had a GMC!

Disappointed

by from MD on August 3, 2014

I compared the Acadia Denali with the Ford Explorer – I was very disappointed at some of the standard features on the Fords, Nissans, Hyundai etc were not on this car. Like, automatic sun roof covers, automatic seat folding on the 2nd and 3rd rows, ambient lighting, and the more modern aesthetic look of the central control panel or the driver consol. Let’s not forget to mention that the entertainment package for the kids has not even caught up to Blue Ray its just a regular DVD and that is not the only disappointing part of the entertainment system, you can not listen to a CD if the kids are watching a DVD. Thus, I was so hoping that the 2015 would have corrected this ! I was very disappointed that they didn’t, so I don’t understand why this car has the price tag that it does

Love My Denali!

by from Riverbank, CA on June 14, 2016

I absolutely love my 2014 Denali, leasing it and most likely will purchase when lease is up. I love the projection screen the most. If the 2017 doesn't have it then I will be staying with my 2014. This is such an easy vehicle to drive in every way. The backup camera is awesome as is the lane control system. I have no complaints and love my Denali!

Everything you'd want in a SUV

by from Michigan on September 15, 2016

Huge, comfortable interior in SLT trim, but handles like a smaller vehicle. Good looks, quiet ride, with significant towing capacity. Great buy on GM's certified used program.

great for families & travel

by from Huntsville, AL on December 29, 2013

love the comfort even in backseat-plenty of leg & head room for adults and still room for luggage or groceries in back. lift gate is great shelter when loading in the rain.

must have

by from Delray beach on July 29, 2014

Just traded in my old lease kia and got a new Acadia . It drives like a car and looks like more than your average SUV . Love the interior and design , with the touchtone screen to navigate you through the sound system .

Most pleasurable car I have ever owned

by from Vancouver, Washington near Portland Oregon on December 27, 2013

lots of room for a tall guy (6'4" 260 lbs.) Seats are comfortable, Room behind the 3rd seat for all groceries when shopping. 2nd row is easy to fold down if the extra room is needed. Quite ride compared to the Nissan we had. Phone and radio work great and easy for a old guy to figure out. Just read the manual when you need directions if you don't have a grandchild to help. Love the car!!!!!!

Most Comfortable Performance and Reliable I've Own

by from Fairfax,Virginia on June 20, 2014

its the most comfortable ride,a good driving performance,have a nice and quit ride mostly when you are driving far.

Best Deal compared to Toyota or Honda

by from Doylestown, PA on November 4, 2013

Just leased the Acadia on Saturday. I looked really hard at all the competition out there, with the exception of the Ford Explorer which I may have done if I hadn't already had a really good relationship with the local GM dealer from a previous lease deal from over a year ago. What impressed me the most, other than getting the deal I wanted was that the Acadia feels like a real car when I pull the door shut. It is solidly built it seems compared to the Highlander or Pilot. Both of which are very nice cars and I may have gone with the Pilot if they could of worked out a better deal for my trade in, but they didn't so it's there loss. The cargo space and third room leg room, compared to the Highlander was also a major factor as the Acadia is ahead of them as it just felt bigger. Although I was impressed with Toyota's stow away middle seat for the second row...that was pretty cool but not a deal maker. The real test for this SUV will be in 3 to 5 years and whether it holds up to our general usage without a major problem...hopefully nothing happens but my impression is that the Japanese models (even though most of it is made here) have the longevity edge going for them when it comes to cars. Still I am very happy with this SUV.

Minivan convenience in an SUV

by from Atlanta, GA on May 15, 2014

This is my second Acadia. I traded in my 2009 model for the 2014 and I love the improvements. While I loved my first Acadia it was time for an upgrade. The 2014 Acadia has a much smoother ride than my older version. I also love the new front grill on the 2014. I have 3 kids (all in car seats or boosters still) and this car works perfectly for us. My older 2 in boosters in the 3rd row and the baby in the carseat in the 2nd row. This leaves 1 empty captain seat in the 2nd row for an extra adult and there is still room for a small adult in the 3rd row between the 2 booster seats. Storage space behind the 3rd row is large enough for my huge stroller. If I need extra room I simply move one of the older kids to the 2nd row and fold down the 60 or 40 percent of the 3rd row seat. Folding down the 2nd and 3rd rows provide a large flat area to haul things. I have never been interested in a minivan and many of the other SUVS are too large for me. I test drove many of them (Tahoe, Expedition, etc). While I loved them I realized the gas mileage was terrible, I had a difficult time parking them and in the end they really didn't have anymore space behind the 3rd row than the Acadia. I plan to drive this SUV for around 3 years before I upgrade again (don't like to be out of warranty). I would gladly buy a new Acadia at that point.

Our Expert Review: 2014 Gmc Acadia