2012 Sierra 1500

2012 GMC Sierra 1500

2012 GMC Sierra 1500

4.3

Have You Driven the 2012 GMC Sierra 1500?

Big difference in ride and fuel economy

by Former Ford F250 owner from Stoughton,Ma. on Mon Apr 07 2014

I needed a new truck. My 05 Ford needed to much in repairs. We found this truck through cars.com at a local Cadiliac dealer. So far everything is great. The truck had low miles, in like new condition. I lucked out. Instead of paying all the money for a new truck I bought a truck that is like new.It doesn't have all the options but enough for me.

Ford Man Converted

by First On Race Day FORD from Ohio on Tue Dec 11 2012

I have had nothing but Ford trucks my whole life. First one was a F150 brand new 1978. Then after 3 years I got a 81 Bronco II, after that I got an F-250 1983 Brand New all of them. I jumped over to Dodge and had it 10 Years and went Back to ford and Got another F250 Diesel had that 10 years. I recently visited my Brother N law and he had a GMC Sierra 1500 Denali. We Drove it from Ohio to Canada on a fishing expedition. After we got back from the Fishing I went straight to my GMC Dealer and order a new 2012 GMC Sierra 6.2L, High Performance Z60 suspension 4X4 with the 3.42 rear, . THIS IS AN Awesome , Comfortable Truck. Keep an open mind and buy what you like. I test drove every Truck out there prior to our Fishing trip. I never thought about a GMC. Test Drive one.

LIFETIME TRUCK DRIVER

by LIFETIME TRUCK DRIVER from INDIANAPOLIS,IN on Sun Aug 19 2012

THIS TRUCK HAS MANY FEATURES BUT THE CONTROL AND HANDLING STAND HEAD ABOVE THE OTHERS. WITH CONTROLS ON YOUR STEERING WHEEL MAKES IT EASY TO DO ANYTHING FROM THE DRIVERS SEAT. THE ECONOMY HELP BEAT THE HIGH GAS PRICES AND WITH PLENTY OF POWER TO DO THE THINGS A TRUCK IS MADE FOR. ITS A GREAT VALUE.

A step up from FORD

by RFreeze from Plymouth MA on Sun Mar 24 2013

I just bought my first GMC and after two weeks love it. The 2012 Sierra SLE I bought used has 12,700 on it. The previous owned took good care of the Truck and never had any issues. The truck is head and shoulders above my 2003 Ford F250. My Ford served me well however the rear fender well were rusted through and the doors weer also rusting out at an alarming rate the exhaust manifold also was done. The way the Sierra rides is awesome it feels like a luxury care. Granted I am coming from a F250 with leaf springs all around. The truck has a nice stance and does not look dated although it has not had an exterior redesign since 2007. The interior is very nice and the seats are comfortable. I have the extended cab and there is room in the back for an average sized adult. I find the truck also to be very responsive. The 5.3 engine with is powerful and great on the HWY. It is a very nice truck and seems to be well built. I have owned several Ford products and considered myself a Ford man. But after buying this truck I no longer would consider a Ford truck. GMC has me as long as the keep making GMC truck I will buy them. Can't bring myself to buy a Chevy yet I know GMC and Chevy trucks are the same, just can't handle the bow tie on my vehicles lol.

Need more time to evaluate

by Portlock from Norfolk, Virginia on Mon Apr 01 2013

So far so good. This truck has similar options of my previous 2004. Hoping for the same kind of performance/reliability as the 04...if so I will be very pleased.

Solid Truck!

by WiscoWonderland from NEW LONDON on Fri Mar 17 2017

Very nice and sporty looking truck. I love the box body style and the overall ride of the truck. Interior is comfortable and controls are easy to use. 5.3 is a little on the weak side compared to 5.7 vortec or other trucks I have driven but still does the job for what I need.

Boat towing truck.....

by Douglas from Columbus, GA on Tue May 17 2016

Great truck, no automatic locks or windows but other than that a GREAT TRUCK!!!! Awesome price with less than 80k miles......

Another nice GMC.

by Scooter from Kansas on Sun Oct 21 2012

This is my 4th Sierra 1500 and I like it. Rides like a car, is quiet, looks great, nice interior (SLE), tows my boat easily, excellent ride. My company truck is a Ford F150 XLT and the GMC is head and shoulders above (equipped alike). Steering and handling are better than the Ford and the looks don't even compare. MPG with a 5.3 (GMC) averages 18.2 and the Ford with a 5.4 gets 16.2. GMC is a crew cab with short bed and Ford is standard cab with long bed. I'll stick with GMC.

The Best truck i've ever owned

by truck lover from Oxford,GA on Wed Oct 10 2012

This is my 4th GM truck that i have owned.They have all lived up to my expectations and this one is no different.I pull a 3000 lb camper with this truck and the 5.3 ltr has ample power.This is the perfect truck i dont care what anyone says i traded in a 1998 Z-71 with 270,000 miles on it with no work having to be done on the motor and i expect nothing less from this truck.The styling inside and out are without question the best on the market in my humble opinion.The handling is great i gave it a good test pulling my camper through the north georgia mountians and it took every curve with no problem.The six speed transmission in the tow haul position is a great asset for pulling.I have the extended cab version and there is plenty of roon in the cab for me and my family although i cant speak for everyone seeing how we arent the largest people in the world but nonetheless very roomy and comfortable.

Great Truck

by JB from Connecticut on Tue Jul 10 2012

I love my truck. I purchased a 2012 GMC Sierra work truck. I have owned it now for 3 months and I guess my only issue is the radio. I feel even though my truck is a work truck they could have put in a better system for listening to music. The gas mileage so far is an average 17 MPG which really isn't that bad, I commute to work with my Honda or motorcycle just to offset the cost of gas. I bought the truck for work and not commuting so I knew going into it that gas mileage was or could be an issue. I am happy with my purchase and still think GMC is the best looking truck in its class. My plans are to take care of the vehicle and hope to get 20 good productive years out of it.

1 2 3 4 5