2007 Accord

4.4 out of 5 starsInterior Design
4.6 out of 5 starsValue for the Money
4.6 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

Absolute All Round Fantastic Car!

by Khol from DFW, TX on July 7, 2013

I recently purchased a 2007 Accord SE to replace my 2003 Toyota Camry LE because of numerous mechanical problems that I had with the Camry. It has about 92,500 miles and still drives great. After having driven it for a short time I can say without any hesitation that this car is far far superior to the Camry in almost every way. In fact it makes the Camry seem like a down right cheap. It really leaves me wondering why anybody would even consider a Camry. Where to start. First off the performance is phenomenal for a four cylinder engine. Honda truly squeezed out every single horse on the Accord's 166 Hp engine. The car accelerates like a six cylinder form 0-55 mph. Once you exceed 55 mph acceleration is not as great, though you still have ample power to easily pass other cars on the highway at high speeds. The performance is due to several well designed components. The automatic transmission always seems to be in the right gear and switches gears very smoothly. Whenever the A/C is running and you need a quick bust of power the car will stop running it for a few seconds then turn it back on once your rate of acceleration has decreased. Additionally Honda designed the Accord's four cylinder engine in such a manor that it does not produce the vibrations normally associated four cylinder engines. The handling on the Accord it amazing too. The car feels connected to the road at all times; never "floaty." The car can easily make the long turns on highway ramps at 60 mph and feel very well grounded. In fact the suspension system that they use is the same utilized by BMW on the 3 series. The interior is very nicely finished. It is both stylish and functional. The front seats are the most comfortable I have ever sat in. They are both soft and supportive. The backs of the seats offer fantastic lumbar support while also hugging your back to add to the overall comfort. The only grip that I have about the seats is that the cloth that they are made of, while possessing a very quality look and feel, are lint magnets. To get them completely clean you need to use a lint roller. The back seat comfortable as well with plenty of head room for most adults. Legroom in the back seat is a bit limited when the front seat are pushed back all the way but is otherwise ample. Visibility is great all round. Though large on the inside when you are driving the car does not feel big. I was shocked when I found out that the Accord is about the same size as a Mercedes E-class which feels big when you drive it. The Accord too is a very safe vehicle. All trim levels come standard with side curtain airbags and ABS. Four wheel disc brakes are standard on the SE and EX trim levels for improve braking. It should also be mentioned that the A/C works great. You get also almost instant cold air even during the hot Texas summers. An additional feature that I love is that the windows can be rolled down by using the car remote which is great after it has been sitting in the sun for a few hours. You can release a good portion of the hot air before you even get to the car! As far as reliability goes the car has had no major issues since it was purchased in 2009 with 37,000 miles (and most likely none before that either). Just new brake pads in 2010 and 2 new tires in 2012 and 2013. Even though this car was designed in 2003 and updated in 2006 it still today is a very stylish and attractive vehicle both inside and out. I would even dare to say that is is the most sporty looking Accord made to date with its clean lines and LED tail lights. Honda did a great job of making a mid size family sedan that is both functional and fun whereas their competitors only provide one or the other. It is for these reasons, along with the Accord's reliability, that make it worthy of a all round score of five.

Love it!

by First Time Honda Owner from Minneapolis, MN on July 8, 2010

Very easy to drive, handles great. Smooth ride and leather interior seats very comfortable. Great gas mileage for a V6. I love this car!

The definiton of "Refinement" - I love this car!

by Frugal Enthusiast from Sacramento on September 7, 2013

I purchased the 2007 Honda Accord EX-L sedan with a focus on long term ownership potential, reliability, and an exceptional overall driving experience. After extensive research and review of the various competitive products within my budget, I decided to focus on the Honda 7th and 8th generation Accord sedan models. I test drove a number of 2007 and 2008 Accord sedans and was frankly impressed with the refinement of the overall package that Honda is offering. These are very nice, and very comfortable vehicles - that just WORK! Both Accord generations are impressive vehicles, but the 7th gen really found my sweet spot. The 2008 Accord is larger, heavier, and has the higher HP 4 cylinder engine, and the "smooth ride" suspension. However, the 2007 Accord is faster around town, has crisper handling and is generally more sporty and fun to drive. I also appreciate the styling more as well. Over the years, i have been an individual who is somewhat subject to experiencing "Buyers Remorse", from time to time. But not THIS time! Every time I drive this vehicle, I am just thrilled to be on board. I suppose that the NEWER Accords may offer an even more impressive experience, I am more than pleased with my decision and the 2997 Accord EX-L sedan in my driveway. The only shortcoming I see with my vehicle is that there is no auxiliary port standard for connecting other music sources to the Accord sound system. There is however a work around for that minor issue as well. So, if you want an impressive driving experience from Honda - take your pick. Buy new for top dollar - or save 50% and choose between two somewhat different, but ultimately capable vehicles - based on what is the style and features that are important to YOU!

It is what I hoped it would be

by Ron Mexico from Metro Atlanta, Ga. on August 31, 2012

Bought the car in March 2010 after being leased for 3 years to someone else, had about 34K miles. I've had the car now about 18 months and it now has 56K miles and I have not had a single problem. I replaced 4 tires which were the original but that was to be expected. The car is very reliable, 30-31mpg average, and the car is exactly what I was hoping for. Not flashy but comfortable and functional. I'll continue buying Honda's in the future without a doubt.

Absolutely love this car (EX-L 4 door V6)

by JRod in KC from Greater Kansas City, MO on May 12, 2009

Owned the car for about a month now, and it's a dream to drive. I've had Hondas since the early 90's, but this is clearly the best I've even owned/driven. The exterior styling won't elicit "oohs" and "ahhs", but so what. You buy a Honda because you want a car that is reliable, engineered very well and is fun to drive. And you won't get killed on resale, which is HUGE. The V6 kicks butt...loads of power. The tranny always feels like it's in the right gear. Need to pass a car on the freeway? Just nudge the gas a bit and "whoosh", you're doing 80mph. Love the interior. I wish Honda would offer a seat memory option. I'm about a foot taller than my wife, so seat adjustments will be frequent. A dimming rear-view mirrow would be nice too, but I can add that on through the accesories catalog. Also, it's a shame they didn't include an iPod hook-up. Other than that, everything (so far) is just right with this car. BTW...I drive about 75% highway, 25% city. I've averaged about 25 miles per gallon so far.

Love it simply the best fuel,value and reliable

by Jamal from ny on February 26, 2011

have it since 3 years - no issues at all - and i commute alot. very good with fuel and rides smoth. Love it simply the best fuel,value and reliable

28K and Going Strong

by Sleigh Girl from Denver, CO on February 22, 2011

Bought my Accord LX Coupe, 4-cylinder, 5-speed, 3 months ago with 25K on it. I'm loving it so far! Here's the scoop. Pros: Looks like a large sports car. Feels sportier than a typical mid-size, responsive steering and brakes. Good power at high RPM, and solid on the highway. 30 mpg on my 50-mile roundtrip inter-city US highway commute! Quiet cabin, well-insulated from the engine. The interior is well layed-out, with storage and cup-holders where you want them. Cons: The 4-cylinder does not put out much torque until it pushes past 3K RPM. Initial acceleration is mild. Entry into the back seat is tight on the passenger side and very tight on the driver side. Uses a non-standard car stereo. Reliability: The splash guard behind the front disk brake bent out of shape, rubbing on the disk and making a horrendous noise (like dragging a muffler). I bent it back in place with a couple of fingers after taking off the wheel. Oddities: The front seat's bottom cushion is deep and narrow. It must be broken in before it fits your seat. Driving technique seems to have less of an effect on gas mileage than in other cars.

2007 LX sedan pre-owned.

by Honda Owner from Hackettstown,NJ on August 10, 2014

I bought a 2007 Accord LX Sedan in Nov. 2013 to replace an aging 1999 Accord LX sedan. The '99 had 165k when I got rid of it and could have gotten more, had I taken care of it. This is what sold me on another Accord.It is also a mistake that I won't repeat with the '07. I am very happy with this car. It is even more refined than the previous generation. The fit and finish are excellent. The 4 cylinder engine is powerful enough to safely any quickly attain highway speeds, and for safe passing. I am happy with this car and I plan on keeping it a long time. And kudos to the previous owner, he also kept up on maintenance, and I understand he bought a 2014 Accord. It's cliche,but these cars do sell themselves.

Reliable & Trustworthy

by Cares from on October 14, 2013

We have had quite a few Honda Accords and you can depend on them - always. It might not be a car with lots of bling but it is a zippy car that you can always count on - and it drives smooth. We look at other cars and always come back to our good faithful friend - a Honda Accord.

One Accord

by tonyatr1971 from West Cola SC on June 14, 2011

I bought my accord April 2010 and it was a one owner car. Since then I havent had any problems, just replaced brakes, rotors and tires. I have always driven Honda and will continue to. Looking to sell my '07 now and get into a 2010. I know I wont be dissappointed!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 16