OK, so I posted a review of my '07 Accord back in May 2009. I had just bought the car with 3?,000 miles. The odometer now shows over 90,000. I still drive roughly 54 miles roundtrip every day to work....
OK, so I posted a review of my '07 Accord back in May 2009. I had just bought the car with 3?,000 miles. The odometer now shows over 90,000. I still drive roughly 54 miles roundtrip every day to work. We (wife and I) primarily use the Accord for weekend errands too. On a scale of 1 - 10, I'd say my overall satisfaction with this car has been 8.5. Here are some notes from 3 years of ownership:
1. Reliability has been fantastic. No maintenance issues. I've had all the recommended service done at Honda.
2. Gas mileage is still a major bonus....considering gas in KC is about $3.50 right now. I still avg. about a fill-up a week...that's 380-400 miles per tank in the Spring and Summer and 350-360 in the Winter.
3. Styling...still looks good, but the design is starting to look dated. Oh well, this body came out in the mid 2000s, so who's complaining?
4. Performance...the engine still has plenty of "get-up-and-go". The tranny shifts well.
5. Interior is still holding up. The leather, while not buttery smooth, still looks very nice. And that's after hauling dogs around on occasion. The radio and CD changer work flawlessly. No problems.
6. Comfort is OK to good. I don't love the driver's seat, but then again, I have back problems, so maybe it's just me. The back seat has plenty of room for 2 adults. Three adults is pretty tight.
Overall assessment: I've loved this car. Honda might not be at the forefront of design and performance now, but they know how to build solid, reliable cars. And like I said before, it's all about RESALE, RESALE, RESALE. Why get burned when you go to trade in or sell??? If you keep up with service (like you should), there's no reason this car won't give you 5 to 10 years of solid service. Highly recommended.