2004 Civic

2004 Honda Civic

2004 Honda Civic

4.5

Have You Driven the 2004 Honda Civic?

A Great Little Surprise

by teajai from kansas City, MO on Tue Sep 07 2010

I have had two Accords and both the first and second generation CR-V's I've traded all of them at the 100,000 mile mark.....I was mad at Honda for making the third gen CR-V look like a grandma's grocery van--so I wasn't sure what I wanted. I bought my 04 Civic Coupe used-one previous owner-basically on a whim. It took a few months to get used to the size (so much smaller than my CR-V's)and I was totally scared of winter driving. Silly me....this car has been a total delight. I've put 40,000 miles on her in two years and she hasn't even hiccouped--40-46 mpg no matter what. I did the 100,000 maintenance early and replaced the timing belt.....because I fully plan to drive this car for the next 7-10 years. It's totally a fun car to drive. I highly recommend this car for everyone.

2004 Honda Civic Ex Loaded!!!

by Commuter from Nesconset, New York on Sat Jul 14 2007

I love my little 2004 Honda Civic. I decided to get the Ex due to the alloy wheel and the sunroof which in my opinion make a big difference in the way the car looks! I travel 104 miles a day just to work and back home. I put about 30,000 a year on my car in all weather conditions and I still have not had any problem. The only service I do to the car is change the oil, tires/rotation, fluid occasionally and the timing belt because the Honda service man recommended it. I have only done service at the Honda dealership when it was free or I had a very good coupon, other then that I always use Jiffy Lube or Mavis.

Love my little Civic

by Running Around Mom from Aurora, IL on Wed May 24 2006

I love the Honda Civic as a little "run around" - the gas mileage is outstanding - and with the price of gas these days, who can afford NOT to have a car with great mileage. The flat rear floor is awesome - gives us a little extra room and provides added flexibility for storage. I would definitely recommend this car to a friend.

Love this Honda!

by Beanie from Chicago, IL on Wed Feb 09 2011

I've always heard and been told Honda's a great reliable car and now I believe it! I've barely done any maintenance outside of oil changes and the occasional brake pad stuff. Comfort is ok and it can still handle the weather changes and craziness of city living. 80,000 miles later, its still truckin.

A "Hate-Like" relationship

by Frugal driver from Albany NY on Fri Mar 16 2007

My wife hates my Civic LX Sedan. She says the ride is harsh (true), the seats are hard (also true), and the interior door handles won't open the doors if locked (true). She can't wait for me to get rid of the car. I like the car, even after 51K miles. Almost all of my driving is with nobody else in the car. Overall a very practical car, it delivers good mileage with the 4-speed automatic, although I'm sure the manual transmission is better. The car is dependable and handles very well (the ride is stiff, supposedly because a "sporty ride" was designed in). I would appreciate a little more leg room (I'm over 6') and the interior is somewhat cramped. But I've done both short and long trips and found the car comfortable enough. Certainly economical to run. It had best crash test ratings in its class. Too bad no ABS was available on the 2004 LX. If you're looking for a soft ride and plush seats, you'll need to look elsewhere. But if you're looking for a well-equipped economy car for basic transportation, consider the Civic. You'll either hate it, or like it.

Great Ride

by HondaMAn from Atlanta GA on Mon Apr 04 2011

The 2004 civic coupe is an excellent car. Purachased used in 2008 with 54k this car has been the model of reliability. Tires and a new battey have been my largest maintenece expenses. My car now has 123000 miles and would expect to keep it until it has atleast 250k. Im over 6 feet but driver's area still has space. Has as much space as can be expected from a coupe. Have an automatic but is quick and responsive. Have to upgrade car size soon due to growing family but it will probably be an accord because my civic set a great example.

Good Car for my Teenager

by MIssJaniceAnn from Brandon, MS on Fri Sep 21 2012

The Honda Civic handles well and is reasonably comfortable for a small car. We were able to find a 2004 that was in great shape for a reasonable price only because we acted immediately as soon as we found the internet ad. These cars get great mileage and they disappear off the lots as soon as they come in. My teenager loves the car!

Loved it too much

by Kanz from St. Louis, IL on Mon May 02 2011

I bought 2 civics so far and both of them were so fun to drive, gas saver, maintain saver...real nice and very reliable...I also like Honda since I was child...great for work, school or anything in your mind.. I love the size of it

Awesome Car

by best value for the money from Chillicothe, Ohio on Sat Jun 27 2015

I was in need of a good gas mileage car with good reviews. I came across this red 2004 Honda Civic that was a one owner car with 154803 miles on it. It is a manual 5 speed. It drives really well. It is very quiet while you are driving. I just checked the first tank of gas and we got 52.4 miles to the gallon!! That is right 52.4 miles to the gallon.. Wow..i was very impressed. I'm a person that doesn't need a fancy car, actually this is the first car i have bought since 2000. It is a basic 2dr coupe. I would highly recommend it.

Great car

by civicfan012346 from california on Tue Apr 07 2015

Love this car i bought it in 2006 got it in a blue coupe with 21,000 miles. Reliability is good and great on gas mileage i recommend this to everyone the 2001 honda civic the 2002 the 2003 and the 2004.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8