2008 Civic

4.5 out of 5 starsValue for the Money
4.7 out of 5 starsReliability

The wonderful car I owned

by Highway Driver from Leesburg, VA on January 16, 2011

I have been looking for an economical and reliable car because I drove more than 300 miles every 2 weeks to go to work and back home for the weekend off. I found it on my 2008 Honda Civic. I'm very much satisfied with the gas consumption and it has a lot of power for a small category. The heated front seat helps a lot at winter time and the control buttons are not hard to operate. To summarize, I will say I am very satisfied with the overall performance of the car.

Old Dog, New Tricks

by Sporty J from Chicago, IL on January 26, 2011

What can you say, it's a great Honda product. Civic Engineers don't have to worry about the newest technology, they just focus on the most reliable, "what works?" And trust me, if you're in this segment looking for a car, that's what you want. Except, you're getting a little more than you bargained for. The dash is very easy on the eye; worried about fuel consumption, watch your RPMs; MPH, right there; yet, there's more. It doesn't feel like a civic that you remember from 1992, yet it does. Just with more torque, a better stereo, great suspension, and the same fuel consumption and reliability you were looking for. I'd recommend this to anyone.

Excellent car

by Dave T from Rochester NY on May 13, 2011

Have owned my 2008 EX Coupe for 2 months. I love the styling. Fit and finish is excellent, car is fun to drive and handles very nice. The ride feels a little firmer than my previous Toyota Corolla. My only minor complaints: The front pillars are a little wider due to the side airbags which creates a slight blind spot in the front corners (This seems to be true with most new vehicles). I also wish the trunk had some type of netting to prevent things from sliding around while you are driving. The gas mileage has been excellent, around 35mpg combination of city and highway driving. I like the design of the dash. The placement of the digital speedometer allows you to easily see it without taking your eyes off the road. All controls are easy to find. Very nice factory stereo. So far very happy with this car

My sixth Civic and still lovin' em!

by Civic lover from Stephentown, NY on October 21, 2011

My previous Civic was a 2001. Honda has greatly improved the ride, style and comfort in the Civic in the 2008 model year. I have two complaints and they are minor: 1) the hooks for the driver's side floor mat make it a challenge to remove the mat 2) still no light in the glovebox!!! I consistently get 33-36 mpg in this Civic, which is an automatic. My '01 was a stick shift and got 37 mpg on average. Considering the '08 is a bigger car, I'm impressed with the gas mileage. When I was car shopping this time I flirted with the idea of trying a Toyota but I'm glad my husband talked me out of it. If you're car shopping and unsure, I can highly recommend the Honda Civic.

Attractive and Attention to Detail

by Commuter Chris from Seattle, WA on April 11, 2011

I researched many cars this size and kept going back to the look of this coupe, but the 3D dashboard was a key selling feature--it's just too cool! Love the ergodynamics (with exception of the positioning of the window buttons. Would have given a higher score on Comfort, but I think the ride is a little rough and is too loud (needs sound dampening to cover the road noise, so the audio system is very hard to hear on certain type roads). Love the Atomic Blue. Love this 8th generation Civic!

Honda Civic Coupe EX-L

by Dave from Sarnia, ON. on March 5, 2011

Great reliable, good looking, economical car for the money. Would definitely recommend this car for anyone, especially with todays rising fuel prices.

The most car to drive

by Honda crazy from Atlanta on November 9, 2017

This has been the best car I have owne drive it everywhere I brought used with 44000 miles now it was close 200000 miles and still drives like the first day I drove it

Happy First-Time Buyer

by AZEllie from Phoenix, AZ on February 17, 2014

Bought this car brand new in April 2008 following an accident in which my Ford T'bird was totaled. This was the first car I personally ever bought (recommended by my daughter and her husband who own a Honda). I have been extremely pleased with it, have taken 5,000 mile road trips without incident and recommend a Honda to anyone in the market for a new car. Have had only ordinary maintenance repairs. I did have to have the driver's side visor replaced by dealer because it had split.

Si is the Best Bang for the Compact Car Buck

by Car Nut from New Jersey on January 28, 2010

I have a 2008 Civic Si Sedan, which overall, offers tremendous value for the money. The car has a taut but compliant ride, with suspension that isn't upset over rough pavement or expansion joints and won't wear on you over long trips. Having tracked the car, I'm amazed how well body-roll is kept in check and there is minimal nose-diving when you slam on the brakes. A 2.0L engine with an 8,000rpm redline adds to the fun-factor and sounds great. The downside: aggresive gearing means the engine is always revving high, even in 6th gear at 65mph (this also hurts gas mileage compared to more plebian Civics, averaging around 24mpg in my experience). Torque output from the small-displacement Vtec engine is another weak point, so you'll constantly row through the gears; luckily the gear-box is fantastic and a pleasure to use. Adding to every-day livability is a large trunk, fold down rear seats, a decent stereo and very well bolstered sport seats up front. Although steering is electrically assisted, its one of the better iterations I've driven and gives good feedback. For the money, you get a ton of value, but the car does leave some things on the table that similar (yet higher-priced) competitors have, such as xenon headlights in the Mazdaspeed3, heated side-view mirros and washer nozzles (which in a cold climate are a must) and even vanity mirrors with lights.

Would not repurchase

by Gil on August 7, 2017

Having owned several Honda's, the quality and reliability of this years model appears to have been reduced. Engine block, radiator, power steering pump, and brake rotor replacements have been the major issues, all with mileage under 80k. Sun visors splits open on seams.

Does not recommend this car!!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 17