2008 Honda Civic

my third car

by from on August 11, 2010

After owning a '94 M3 coupe, i wanted something i knew would never give me a headache. i am a student and i dont have the time, energy, or finances to maintain a car. I have never had any problems with this car. additionally, i get about 34MPG highway using premium gas

The wonderful car I owned

by from Leesburg, VA on January 16, 2011

I have been looking for an economical and reliable car because I drove more than 300 miles every 2 weeks to go to work and back home for the weekend off. I found it on my 2008 Honda Civic. I'm very much satisfied with the gas consumption and it has a lot of power for a small category. The heated front seat helps a lot at winter time and the control buttons are not hard to operate. To summarize, I will say I am very satisfied with the overall performance of the car.

Mostly satisfied, but a few flaws...

by from Indiana on December 29, 2010

I have had the 4-door automatic transmission LX for 3 years now. It's far superior to any other car I've owned (this is not saying much, however!), and so like many reviewers, I'll just mention a few drawbacks. (1) The front left pillar creates a fairly significant blind spot; (2) There is a lag upon accelerating from zero that surprised me; (3) I have had one sun visor replaced, as it split; (4) and most annoying, the fuel door unlock button doesn't always work. The service technician bent the latch inside the fuel door a little and deemed it fixed, but unforunately the problem recurs. Even after listing these items, though, I'm quite satisfied, perhaps because I endured driving a Stratus for the 10 prior years!

Love my Civic!

by from Baltimore, MD on October 20, 2011

I bought a used 2008 Honda Civic Sedan in 2011. It's a V4 that drives like a V6. Great handling/performance. Roomy interior, plenty of legroom for backseat passengers. Large trunk and interior console compartment. There's a place for everything from drinks to sunglasses, storing my GPS and phone charger. I love the MP3 jack, a great improvement over either a single or multiple CD-changer, though it also has a single CD changer that I use. The dashboard design and control panel are easy to read day and night and the digital speedometer is accurage (matches the built-in speedometer on my GPS when in use). The Oil-Life indicator is a huge plus and saves me money as the Civic does not require an oil change every 3,000 miles. As the car gets older, I'm sure the oil-life indicator will adjust accordingly. Good gas mileage for a sedan, especially since I mainly drive short trips. However, have gotten as much as 34 mpg on long trips. I have only had the car a few months and it's the most luxurious feeling car I've ever owned. I have not yet learned how to use the Cruise Control which should increase my gas mileage on long trips. In other words, after all this, you're silly if you don't consider a Honda Civic.

Attractive and Attention to Detail

by from Seattle, WA on April 11, 2011

I researched many cars this size and kept going back to the look of this coupe, but the 3D dashboard was a key selling feature--it's just too cool! Love the ergodynamics (with exception of the positioning of the window buttons. Would have given a higher score on Comfort, but I think the ride is a little rough and is too loud (needs sound dampening to cover the road noise, so the audio system is very hard to hear on certain type roads). Love the Atomic Blue. Love this 8th generation Civic!

Excellent car

by from Rochester NY on May 13, 2011

Have owned my 2008 EX Coupe for 2 months. I love the styling. Fit and finish is excellent, car is fun to drive and handles very nice. The ride feels a little firmer than my previous Toyota Corolla. My only minor complaints: The front pillars are a little wider due to the side airbags which creates a slight blind spot in the front corners (This seems to be true with most new vehicles). I also wish the trunk had some type of netting to prevent things from sliding around while you are driving. The gas mileage has been excellent, around 35mpg combination of city and highway driving. I like the design of the dash. The placement of the digital speedometer allows you to easily see it without taking your eyes off the road. All controls are easy to find. Very nice factory stereo. So far very happy with this car

Honda Civic Coupe EX-L

by from Sarnia, ON. on March 5, 2011

Great reliable, good looking, economical car for the money. Would definitely recommend this car for anyone, especially with todays rising fuel prices.

Most Reliable Car I've Owned

by from on May 20, 2010

super nice car!!! i love it!!! never had a problemes with any thinng. had SI 2008 manual transmision, drive very smoth!!! recommended!!!

Heart my Honda

by from Los Angeles, CA on March 9, 2010

I came close to getting an Accord, but in the end fell in love with this car. Easy to park, great mileage, more up to date features, a little more hip design.

great fun!

by from Racine, WI. on August 25, 2011

Have had my si for one year now. No real problems or complaints. Great fun yo drive in town and especially on the highway. You can't go wrong with this car!

Our Expert Review: 2008 Honda Civic