2002 CR-V

2002 Honda CR-V

2002 Honda CR-V

Have You Driven the 2002 Honda CR-V?

Fantastic car

by Erin from Michigan on Mon Jul 30 2012

I've had my 2002 CRV for 6 yrs now... Was the 2nd owner; bought at 72000 miles and now have *sigh* 195000!! I feel like I should get something new but this car still runs like a top!! I would drive it across the country tomorrow!! Have done brakes, ball joints and regular oil changes... And it just keeps going. Not the most comfortable car on the road (seats are a little stiff) and there's nothing to fancy on the inside but I cannot speak high enough for the dependability. LOVE this car....

It's like riding on a cloud!

by Lovingtheride from Florid on Tue Dec 18 2012

I was looking for a car for over 3 months. I wanted a Honda CRV. I found my car in a car lot as I drove by it. It is pure luxury. The seats are larger than any other car I've had. The back seat has 3 headrests which is nice for the person sitting in the middle. It drives so smooth, handles well and is easy on gas. The car was loved by someone before me that took very good care of it. Thank you Honda for making such a wonderful car.

Comfortabe Run-About Vehicle

by PhillyCarEnthusiast from Philadelphia, PA on Sat May 03 2008

This the best compact SUV ever built. It has great fuel economy but still retains a rugged SUV style. It has TONS of cargo space and I can fit more stuff in this vehicle than the BMW X5 that I own. The safety on the CR-V is excellent. You cannot find a better car.

Simply, THE BEST

by Cravin Morhead #1 Fan from Philadelphia, PA on Sat Dec 06 2008

The CR-V is great. It gets great gas mileage, I observe about 24 mpg doing average driving. There is so much storage capacity in this vehicle. I would definately recommend this vehicle to anyone who needs good gas mileage for the daily commute, but needs the utility on the weekends.

Great Car

by dmack from Kansas City, MO on Wed Mar 21 2007

My mom owns this car and I learned to drive on this car. It has some get up and go for a four cylinder. The interior is designed kind of strange but you get used to it. There is tons if interior room for whatever you need. The car is not very long so its easy to maneuver. There is plenty of leg and head room. She has had no problems with the car at all. There has been many long trips and they have gone without a problem. Nothing is made cheaply it all has lasted. If you are looking for a small SUV then this is the one to pick.

Wonderful Family Vehicle

by Engineer from Minneapolis, MN on Tue Sep 05 2006

The first new vehicle that our family bought. We have relied on this vehicle as our only family vehicle and never had any problems with it. We have made good use of the interior space from bikes to baby gear to 2 long haul moves and it always has room for whatever we need to put into it. We would purchase another one in a heartbeat.

Super vehicle !

by roadtripper from Woodstock, Ontario, CANADA on Thu Aug 24 2006

I bought this brand-new. Right out of the showroom ! It was my first new car. 4 years later & it has just over 100,000 kms (60,000 miles) now. My only gripe, (if you can call it that), is that the leather seats are a little hard. No "cushioning" effect, but you get used to it after a short time. THe engine has given me no grief, body is holding up well. It is excellent on trips & has a ton of room for bikes, camping gear, etc. Very zippy on the highways ! I just had my first brake job last week. GREAT VEHICLE !

2002 crv

by d from nyc on Mon Jan 02 2012

replaced 2001 crv that was totaled. Glad to be back. This has more hp and room than previous model. Not the latest and greatest but just solid dependability

Best SUV I've Owned!

by Jackson from Orlando on Wed Aug 21 2013

The 2002 Honda CRV has been the best SUV I have owned. It was redesigned in 200 I believe and this model is a highly sought after car due to it's reliability, handling, and features. The newer model just has not been upgraded to the extent that I would want to upgrade. Never any problems with my '02 and I'll probably keep it for a few more years; until Honda comes up with a better design anyway.

My first car, best ever and most reliable!!

by Honda girl from Sacramento, CA on Thu Sep 18 2014

I received this car as a graduation gift with about 180k miles. At first drive I fell in love!! The space was endless, perfect for a sporty girl like me as I had gear and equipment to haul with me every now and then. Easy to drive and park, because it's not very heavy or wide. I replaced a cylinder coil, front axles and wheel bearings, brakes, and had one tune up. Those weren't big issues for me as I kept it well maintained. The inside of the car was nicely designed with little pockets and features that I loved!! Perfect for a family car, and did great on gas. She made it to 240k before I was rear ended and it was claimed as a total loss. I was heartbroken to say the least. My CR-V was cute and fun, and I would buy another one over and over if I could.

1 2 3 4 5 6

Our Take on the 2002 Honda CR-V

When I first sat in the new Honda CRV, I had a flashback.

My mind raced back to my grandmother’s Chevrolet Corvair, which had an automatic transmission lever that stuck straight out from the dashboard. The new Honda CRV has a similar sort of shifter, sticking out yet managing to stay out of the way.

Just as artful, yet failing to inspire flashbacks, is the parking brake. It disguises itself as part of the dashboard, yet one yank pulls it away from the dash.

Such design is novel and inspired, and highlights how well Honda upgraded and refined its popular pseudo-SUV.

Honda was among the first automakers to introduce an SUV with car-based running gear in 1997. The CRV is basically a... Read More