2008 CR-V

2008 Honda CR-V

2008 Honda CR-V

4.5

Have You Driven the 2008 Honda CR-V?

An awesome Crossover SUV.

by Swedon from Salt Lake City, Utah on Wed Aug 14 2013

I absolutely love our 2008 CR-V EX-L, I going through chemo again and have taken the summer off to deal with the chemo and be with my family. On my good week we go camping. I've taken this car places (i.e. washed out after being flash flooded dirt/sand backcountry roads) in Utah where the only other cars or trucks we meet are high clearance Jeeps or Trucks. We've been to Echo Park in Dinosaur N.P, Upper Cathedral Valley in Capital Reef (check them out on Google Earth), Boulder Mountain, Utah, and all over Yellowstone and Grand Tetons N.P.'s. It handles all our gear and 4 bikes on a roof rack for weeks at a time. Super comfortable inside and good looking outside. I work as a snowboard instructor in the winter and it is awesome in our snowy Utah winters. I plow through 12" of snow without specific snow tires. Have Goodyear Alliance tires and they are quieter than the Continental's they replaced. I can get 26 MPG on road trips fully loaded w/gear and bikes and 4 humans in my CR-V. It's a punchy car up mountains fully loaded no problem at all being only an inline 4 cylinder. It's a Honda and they do engines best. I have had no repairs needle in two years of ownership. Change the oil, air,filters and rotate tires are all I've needed to do and they are simple enough to do myself to save money. Stay with Honda's recommendation and use 87 octane not 85 and you'll have more power in snow or mountain passes. I've owned a 1976 Honda hatchback wagon years ago and I sold it at 250,000 miles. Now I own a Honda CR-V, a Fit, a 1992 CB 750 motorcycle and a generator, lawn is small enough for the smallest electric mower or I'd own a Honda there too. :D

Outstanding Vehicle

by doronrun from Tucson on Mon Jun 15 2009

After 35 years of "buy american"", I researched extensivly what was out there in the market, I bought this 2008 Honda CR-V EX-L with only 5000 certified miles about 2 weeks ago. Milage advertised is 17/26/23. I have achieved 23/33/28. Couldn't be more pleased with every aspect of this beautifully styled vehicle.

Great car!

by Always on the go from Olympia, WA on Tue Aug 06 2013

I owned a 1997 CR-V and loved it and the 2008 is even better! Honda made a lot of improvements in the comfort and performance of the car. Between work, transporting my daughter to her activities, and running errands, I drive approximately 50 miles on the freeway and around town everyday and am getting between 23 and 24 mpg. The CR-V has a smooth ride on the freeway and has the power it needs to accelerate safely onto the freeway. The visibility is great in the car and it's easy to see everything that's happening around me.

Tight little Ship

by Nickie from Texarkana, Tx on Fri Apr 15 2011

I was a major American man prior to buying/trading for this Honda. Why did I trade? Two things; reliability of the product and my truck was a gas hog. The truck was a 2007 large major truck and the car a mid-sized sedan. Nuf aid. Better economy all around much more sheik. No more $200-$250 a month. We love it.

2008 CRV

by Car guy from Ohio on Thu Sep 11 2014

Bought this CRV used, 80k, but still a great runner. Road noise a bit excessive, but has plenty of power, and utility. Will tow behind a MH, looking forward to it. Dealer was very helpful, able to get grade and color we wanted.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

2008 Honda CR-V ex-l AWD

by Thatguy from Raleigh, NC on Sun Jun 02 2013

I am overall pleased with my CR-V. I went from a 2007 CIvic, because of the limited space and my commute was shorter. It has plenty of cargo space and comfortable backseats when you have multiple passengers. The interior is really friendly and attractive. The engine performance is not all that great, but is to be expected with a 4 cylinder with no turbo or anything. I get around 22mpg around the city and some highway mixed. This is pretty much on track with what is expected. Overall, I have really enjoyed owning it and my wife is always asking to drive it! I haven't needed to use the AWD, but tested it and works well and makes it feel a lot safer.

Very Nice

by On the go from Baltimore, MD on Fri Jan 29 2010

I'm really enjoying this EX-L w/ Navi. It was worth it for me to buy a used car with the top trim level and I'm still finding cool things like the back-up camera is really convenient, the Nav screen is touch, it comes with a trial membership XM radio, and the sound system. The car handles well and is smooth on the road. I take my turns slower than I did in my Nissan Sentra.

My CRV

by Nick from Boston, MA on Fri Mar 04 2011

My CR-V is the prefect car for my family. The MPG are ok for an SUV. My 2 year old son loves being high up and looking at the moon roof!!

Great transportation

by Gator fan from Ocala, FL on Wed Jan 09 2013

Found my Honda CRV thru "cars.com" at a dealership in Clearwater, FL. Made a great deal and drove it home. Only two things bugged me after I bought it. First, the 2007 model gets 2-3 miles more per gallon than the '08 because of more relaxed exhaust emissions. And second, all 2007 and newer Honda CRV's have protruding head rests on the front seats that most drivers find uncomfortable. I wrote to Honda to see what could be done to correct this problem...so far no reply. Otherwise, LOVE this vehicle. Think my wife wants to get one also.

Fun to drive but kind of ugly

by mecarguy from San Pedro, CA on Fri Nov 02 2007

What's good: Gas mileage - 30 MPG on fwy, 22 in city Handling - fun to drive - feels lively Has enough power - not a hot rod but is more than adequate. Takes a few thousand miles to break-in. Rear seat back angle is adjustable. Many SUV's do not have this option and are too upright. What's not good: Styling. Some interior surface materials seem cheap. Rear cargo floor is kind of flimsy. Shelf in rear cargo area can only hold 20 lbs.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 13

Our Take on the 2008 Honda CR-V

Editor's note: This review was written in September 2006 about the 2007 Honda CR-V. Little of substance has changed with this year's model. To see what details are different this year, check out a side-by-side comparison of the two model years.

One of the country's best-selling compact SUVs has been redesigned for 2007. Since its introduction in 1996, the Honda CR-V has always been a nondescript player in the segment, quietly providing a reliable and utilitarian ride but never setting the world afire in the engine or design department. The 2007 will definitely turn heads, and while it grew on me during a recent day with a few test vehicles, it's not an instant stunner.

This new CR-V hopes to spur the... Read More