2008 CR-V

2008 Honda CR-V

2008 Honda CR-V

Have You Driven the 2008 Honda CR-V?

2008 Honda CR-V ex-l AWD

by Thatguy from Raleigh, NC on Sun Jun 02 2013

I am overall pleased with my CR-V. I went from a 2007 CIvic, because of the limited space and my commute was shorter. It has plenty of cargo space and comfortable backseats when you have multiple passengers. The interior is really friendly and attractive. The engine performance is not all that great, but is to be expected with a 4 cylinder with no turbo or anything. I get around 22mpg around the city and some highway mixed. This is pretty much on track with what is expected. Overall, I have really enjoyed owning it and my wife is always asking to drive it! I haven't needed to use the AWD, but tested it and works well and makes it feel a lot safer.

Fun to drive but kind of ugly

by mecarguy from San Pedro, CA on Fri Nov 02 2007

What's good: Gas mileage - 30 MPG on fwy, 22 in city Handling - fun to drive - feels lively Has enough power - not a hot rod but is more than adequate. Takes a few thousand miles to break-in. Rear seat back angle is adjustable. Many SUV's do not have this option and are too upright. What's not good: Styling. Some interior surface materials seem cheap. Rear cargo floor is kind of flimsy. Shelf in rear cargo area can only hold 20 lbs.

Very Nice

by On the go from Baltimore, MD on Fri Jan 29 2010

I'm really enjoying this EX-L w/ Navi. It was worth it for me to buy a used car with the top trim level and I'm still finding cool things like the back-up camera is really convenient, the Nav screen is touch, it comes with a trial membership XM radio, and the sound system. The car handles well and is smooth on the road. I take my turns slower than I did in my Nissan Sentra.

Dependable, comfortable and reliable

by Chely from Pensacola, FL on Fri Dec 14 2018

This car was not what I was looking for but it was about $5k less than the accord I had been saving for. I bought it with 5000 miles and today it has 182,000 miles. The only extras besides basic maintenance has been a hub assembly and starter. Not bad for its age! It has carried two kids and all their stuff from car seats to getting their first drivers license. The 4 cyl engine isn’t fast but it will get you where you need to go. I’ve averaged 23mpg over its life.

Great Value and Safe for daughter

by Jim in Arlington from Arlingto. TX on Mon Oct 06 2014

I purchased a 2008 CR-V EX from Frank Kent Honda with 117k miles and it is an excellent car and great value for my daughter. The car has plenty of power and I like the air bags and safety ratings. The road noise is excessive. I would think that Honda would spend a small amount for more noise insulation.

Great transportation

by Gator fan from Ocala, FL on Wed Jan 09 2013

Found my Honda CRV thru "cars.com" at a dealership in Clearwater, FL. Made a great deal and drove it home. Only two things bugged me after I bought it. First, the 2007 model gets 2-3 miles more per gallon than the '08 because of more relaxed exhaust emissions. And second, all 2007 and newer Honda CRV's have protruding head rests on the front seats that most drivers find uncomfortable. I wrote to Honda to see what could be done to correct this problem...so far no reply. Otherwise, LOVE this vehicle. Think my wife wants to get one also.

My CRV

by Nick from Boston, MA on Fri Mar 04 2011

My CR-V is the prefect car for my family. The MPG are ok for an SUV. My 2 year old son loves being high up and looking at the moon roof!!

Best small SUV out there... period.

by Honda vs Toyota from TX on Sun May 18 2008

The Honda CRV is a very well put together, smartly designed vehicle. Positives: very roomy feel, nice looks both inside and out, great fit and finish, good price, excellent ride, safety, safety, safety. I disagee with many on here about power, it is not the strongest out there, but it shouldn't be. It is a small SUV. If you want power, expect poor gas mileage. Speaking of gas, I'm getting low 20's overall. 21 in the city and 27 on the high way. Drawbacks: A bit small on the storage space with five adults. Rear seats should be easier to fold. My friend owns a RAV4 and I've driven both new models repeatedly. The Honda is tops in just about every category except the rear seat design. The Honda drives much better - actually WAY better. Feels much more roomy, seats 5 comfortably as compared the toyota. And better price. Buy this car and enjoy

reliable

by JLB7 from Lake City, FL on Fri Aug 25 2017

one of the best vehicles I've ever owned. the reliability is great. it gets good gas mileage also. great commuter.

Old Reliable

by Nk1820 from Elk Grove Village on Mon Oct 23 2017

After my Forrester, I loved immensely, I purchase from my first used vehicle. I was apprehensive, but this2008 crv is a gem. Great pickup from the start, smooth ride, and most reliable vehicle, yet.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 15

Our Take on the 2008 Honda CR-V

Editor’s note: This review was written in September 2006 about the 2007 Honda CR-V. Little of substance has changed with this year’s model. To see what details are different this year, check out a side-by-side comparison of the two model years.

One of the country’s best-selling compact SUVs has been redesigned for 2007. Since its introduction in 1996, the Honda CR-V has always been a nondescript player in the segment, quietly providing a reliable and utilitarian ride but never setting the world afire in the engine or design department. The 2007 will definitely turn heads, and while it grew on me during a recent day with a few test vehicles, it’s not an instant stunner.

This new... Read More