2014 Crosstour

2014 Honda Crosstour

2014 Honda Crosstour

Have you driven the 2014 Honda Crosstour?

Good, but an un-Honda like noise

by HondaThrowWeight from Minneapolis St. Paul MN on Sat Feb 21 2015

I've had the car about 6 months and have about 8000 miles on it, so I've had a chance to live with it a little and gotten to learn the good and the (not very) bad. First, the good. The V6 2014 EX-L Crosstour fit the sweet spot for our family of four; it's really a nice size vehicle. With about 6-8 months of winter where we live, we opted for the AWD V6, The V6 is smooth and punchy and MPG isn't bad (average in a mix of driving around 22-24 in the winter). The car is mostly quiet for a Honda - more on that in a moment, though. I find myself on the "love it" side regarding the look of the car. In Nighthawk Black, the car is just sexy, even the grizzly bear rump. Now, the mildly bad. During the first cold snap this winter, I noticed a metallic rattling from the back seat. I thought it was just an unsecured seat back or seat belt rattling and fixable - no big deal - but it wasn't. I couldn't isolate it and it drove me nuts. It would come and go. Finally brought it in to the dealership. They ended up keeping it for a week, and tracked it down to a deformed bracket near the gas tank (?) that caused the noise. After they fixed it, the Crosstour is far and away the quietest Honda I've owned, and that's included our current CRV, and past Element, Odyssey and Civic. Rear visibility is not optimal, but isn't the worst I've ever driven. (Camaro). You adjust your driving style and move on. The one baffling thing about the Crosstour is the choice of the passenger side camera with absolutely nothing on the driver's side. The lane departure and crash avoidance beeps are obnoxious, and of no real help - I turned off the lane departure alarm almost immediately. As a past owner of an Element, I apparently like Honda's quirky cars, but I also know that they tend to get killed off when the niche is no longer lucrative enough. I'm hoping that doesn't happen to the Crosstour. Overall, I feel like I'm driving a higher end car; it has a good blend of SUV and car characteristics that I was looking for. Is it the best car ever? I don't think there's such a thing, but my simple test of a car is whether I look for excuses to drive the thing, and I definitely do with the Crosstour. (And I confidently say that after the "new car" shine has worn off).

I LOVE This Car!

by LindyRP from Boston, MA on Mon Nov 18 2013

The Crosstour is our fifth Honda, going back to our first Accord in 1990. We have since owned another Accord (now 10 years old and the "kid" card), an Odyssey that lasted 14 years, and a 2013 Pilot. The Crosstour is stacking up to be one of the best. We can't find anything we don't like about this car. We looked and test drove higher end sedans from other companies, but for much less money, this car has all the features and pep you want and more. And so much of it is standard. I am stunned about reviews that don't like the styling. At least four friends, at first glance, thought it was one of the those high-end German cars.. It's looks sleek and sporty and sharp. There's plenty of room in the cargo area, perfect for empty-nesters or a growing family. The controls on the dash are intuitive. The touch screen is a great feature, as is the right-side camera. The drive is great with a nice, peppy V6. Highly recommend. Honda should stop hiding this car!

Unique , original , reliable

by Traveler from on Mon Oct 06 2014

High end quality that feels, looks, and rides like a Lexus- Infinity or Mercedes without spending the money

Honda Crosstour, Best in Class!!

by Altria7 from Wisconsin on Sun Jun 22 2014

Having owned my 2013 EXL V6 4wd w/Navigation, I can only say it has been exceeding my expectations every day. I commute 84 miles roundtrip 5 days per week. This is my 3rd Honda product and I trust it will be as bullet proof as my two others. Traded an 05 Accord EXL for this one. I also own an '11 CRV EXL 4wd w/Navigation. The styling is very edgy, not only do I love the stand apart from the crowd design but the positive comments from people really ice the cake. First off, the car handles exceptionally well contrary to consumer reports stating that it is rather clumsy. Really? Have you ever driven a Tahoe or Explorer? I have to say the V6 is impressive both in 6 second acceleration 0-60 times not to mention I have achieved 33.4 mpgs on several occasions with the cylinder deactivation at cruising speeds. This car weighs in at 4200 lbs. I handles snow and ice with ease. Car feels well planted on the road, is very comfortable and roomy. Everything works as well as advertised. The only con I can think of is the rear liftgate should be power open and close. Test drive one and you will buy one.

Just as I expected!!

by Honda Lover from Atlanta, GA on Thu May 08 2014

I'd researched the vehicle for a while. Also, my last two cars were made by Honda so I knew about the brand. This Crosstour has everything that I wanted, but it has much more room. So, for those people who like everything about an Accord, but need the room of an SUV.... *in my best Kenny Loggins' singing voice* ....."THIS IS IT!!!"

Great car

by Robt4275 from Highland park, il on Wed Feb 18 2015

I have had this car for about two months and love it. I think the styling is cool and unlike anything else on the road. The car is very fast and build quality top notch. Don't knock the car till you have driven it. I traded in my Accord sedan and was going to buy another accord. Had looked at the Crosstour but thought it was overpriced. The dealer had a loaded new 2014 and took 9k off the sticker price.

Very nice car, handles the road very well

by Like Hondas from California on Sun Nov 09 2014

The hatch back window is obscured. So you have to be very careful. Also, I bought the black car which is really sharp but requires a lot of maintenance to keep cleen.

BEST OF THE BUNCH

by OLD SPORTY from Brunswick ohio on Mon May 19 2014

love this car. wanted extra storage and there is plenty. very unique body style which is a benefit because u don't see same style at every stoplight like you do with other makes and modles. v6 variable cylinder engine giving me 31 mpg hwy(great for 4000 lb car with excelleration power) im 70 yrs old and owned many cars including 3 other Hondas and 1964 mustang. the crosstour is by far best car i've owned. great vehicle Honda, be proud. should be voted best car in class.

My Favorite Car

by Skibookbeachmama from Lexington, VA on Fri Aug 22 2014

Although it has only been two weeks, my Crosstour is my favorite car that I have ever owned. It drives so smoothly and effortlessly, it is amazing. A little smaller than my previous car, Volvo Cross Country Station Wagon, I like the Crosstour better (which I never thought I would say)! Now that the kids are grown, I do not need as large a car, so it is perfect. My only problem is that I am enjoying driving it too much and need to curtail a bit of my driving :)

Very Reliable

by R. H. Huntsville from Huntsville, AL on Fri Jun 09 2017

This car is very reliable; we've not had any problems with it at all. If you decide to purchase one, make sure to get the six cylinder version not the four cylinder. The difference in gas mileage is only 1-2 miles per gallon but the difference in power is night and day.

1 2

Our Take on the 2014 Honda Crosstour

Editor's note: This review was written in May 2013 about the 2013 Honda Crosstour. Little of substance has changed with this year's model. To see what's new for 2014, click here, or check out a side-by-side comparison of the two model years.

The five-seat Honda Crosstour is like a cross between Cinderella and her ugly stepsisters. Functionally, it's a beautifully hard worker, but it's a little too awkward-looking to get invited to the ball.

The Crosstour's exterior styling is new for 2013, but other changes are few. Compare it with the 2012 version here. If you just can't get past the Crosstour's "unique" look, similar cars worth researching include the Subaru Outback and Toyota Venza.

The 2013 Crosstour... Read More