2003 Honda Element consumer reviews

$16,100–$18,300 MSRP range
side view of 2003 Element Honda
Explore the 2003 Honda Element
Shop the 2003 Honda Element

the best car for value i've owned

I love the fact the seats come out . the way it saves on gas. the fact it now has 122plu thousand miles on it and I bought it at 18000 miles. still runs well and all recalls and etc. were taken care of by Honda and the dealer i purchased it from

It just keeps going and going.

in 2003 I bought my element brand new and 18 years and 176000 Miles later it is still the best car I've ever owned. Outside it is not huge but inside there is a lot of room 4 passengers and cargo. Anyone who sits in the back always comments on how much legroom and Headroom there is. It is a great snow car as the four-wheel drive always kicks in when it's needed. It has never left me stranded.

Very Reliable, Well-Built; Ton of Space for Trips

We used this car for family and going on vacation. Was very comfortable for passengers in the rear seats with lots of leg room and head room, and with a moon roof for light. A pleasure to drive day-to-day. And when fully loaded for travel, car has pep, good acceleration and handles road well. For an SUV that's mid-size it offers a lot of advantages without the cost of a large SUV. And Honda autos are well-built cars, very reliable. (Our mechanic said Hondas are most reliable cars he knows of.)

4.4

Best utility car!

This car met all of my needs! It is super easy to clean because the floors are not carpet. The interior is extremely spacious! It made moving SUPER easy! The drop-down tailgate made it super fun for drive-in movies and tailgating.

3.9

Good car to live in

Oh Joshua how I miss you 😔 Honda element I love it I wish had it still... after two months on the road driving cross country you saved my life I walked out of this car with fractured neck and no other scratches, and the neck injury was due to defected passenger seat 💺 going back and causing neck injuries🙁 But I wish I still had this car I love Honda Element ♥️

Best car ever

I never knew I wanted an element till I opened the doors, this car is the TARDIS of cars, we hauled and transported, hit the drive in, helped friends move, road tripped, got muddy, this car was a family member and given the chance I would purchase again Living in Ohio the rust got the better of it in an unfixable area, but I'm glad we got to see 200k together and she'd still be going engine transmission and everything else was still running great

4.0

Good condition

This car has been a good car to me but it’s time for me to get something bigger so I tow a trailer. It’s in good condition and had lots of room and is very kid friendly:):)

Great car

Love the room inside for a tall person. Love the rubber floor. Seats are very comfortable. Wish Honda still made them. Our family owns two!

Very good second car, we moved lots of stuff in it

This SUV is used for family stuff, moving stuff and just plain riding around in the hills in Southern Indiana. Very reliable, we feel we could jump in it right now and drive to Nashville, or Cincinnati, or Indy or anywhere.

Exactly what I was looking for!

I have a 2004 Honda CR-V with high miles and wanted to buy another used Honda. Lower miles, "boxy" rear end, interior and exterior in good condition. No frills, just simply functional. I go to auctions and sell in antique malls. Like the CR-V, need space to haul goodies. I found it!! 2003 Honda Element! It had low miles, GREAT interior and exterior condition, stylish black trim, "boxy" rear end, suicide doors for easy loading /unloading, flip-up or removable seats, NO carpeting to worry about, comfy ride, good visibility, handles real well, has plenty "giddy up". I am one happy Honda owner!! (wish Honda would bring the Element back into production)