2009 Honda Odyssey

Great Ride!

by from Upstate, NY on June 21, 2010

First Honda I have owned. The steering is responsive for a minivan and the ride is very smooth. Very solid construction, nothing rattles. Plenty of leg room for both driver and passengers. This minivan is wider than others allowing elbow room for the passengers in the back rows. The only improvement I would recommend is to have auto-sensing headlights for all models as opposed to my version which is manual.

Comfort and Reliability

by from Mid Missouri on June 26, 2012

Having owned 3 minivans from other makers I have a pretty good handle on features and what being a minivan is all about. Convenience items are fine as long as there is build quality backing it and Honda excels in this. The seats are very comfortable, the cabin is well insulated and quiet. The seating position and ergonomics are well thought out and deliver the touch and feel of a well built design. By far and away the best minivan I've owned. However there are some features that are missing that I've become used to. No auto on/off headlamps. No multi-readout displays for ambient temp, avg. mpg or distance to empty on the fuel tank. The fuel mileage is a disappointment as it is a stretch to get 21 on the highway. No hands free bluetooth for the phone (an option with Nav system only) and not enough aux ports to plug in cell phone chargers and such that seem to travel with families these days. All of that aside the Odyssey is a joy to drive and with confidence that it will perform without hesitation in all aspects. The A/C does a great job of cooling a large vehicle and the interior room easily accommodates a load of 6' adults with storage room to spare. It will be hard to consider any other van after having this one.

Way Better Than an SUV

by from Wisconsin on February 26, 2011

This is the first Minivan I've owned as we have 1year old twins to transport. I have had other hondas along with many jeep products in the past. The comfort and refinement is unsurpassed in Minivan segment and get better milage than expected. I will routinely get 25mpg in the highway and the DVD player is excellent. If you want a great van for the family, the Odyssey is the best way to go!

Needed room for a third carseat

by from Orange county, ca on June 18, 2012

So far I love it! Very mommy friendly. Biggest complaint is no auto headlights and dvd/radio complicated to use. Gas milage not great, but okay.

great van!

by from lansdale on August 11, 2012

Fun to ride. Feels like a car. Great mileage and comfort. Safe to haul kids. Easy to change seating options.

amazing!

by from sammammish,WA on August 9, 2009

this car was a rental i got in california and it gets 22 mpg has comfartble seats and is really worth the money it takes 17 gallons so its about 50 dollars a fill up but who should complain? i learned how to fill up the car and its very fun.it also has good handling.

GOOD VAN

by from Phoenix on May 26, 2009

Overall a good van, don't like the tilt wheel design and has some wind noise also seats could be better

Comfortable, Reliable Ride.

by from Geneva NY on June 17, 2014

We needed a car to meet my husbands recent health and physical limitations; the Honda Odyssey EX-L had what we needed. Our specific needs are reliability, smooth handling, sound integrity, comfortable seats, heated seats, power controlled driver and passenger seats. We found the Odyssey has so much more; fold into floor storage for third row seats, GPS, DVD, moon roof/ sunroof. Ultimately, we were so pleased with the vehicle we found and the price point, we bought it ! We are very pleased.

It's a great van!

by from Boston area, Massachusetts on May 8, 2014

We've driven Honda's for years. The Odysses is roomy, comfortable, and stylish. We have travelled with a family of five across the country, as well as lots of local driving. Fits 3 moms and 5 girls scouts AND all their belongs for a weekend away.

Great Van Wonderful Features, ROUGH RIDE, Tranny

by from New York, NY on September 6, 2015

From a features standpoint my EX-L with rear entertainment is a beautiful van second to none in terms of interior fit and finish and features. The engine is strong and the handling is great almost car-like. It's the little things that only an owner would notice that gets annoying. My friend's siena although not as nice would fit better because of some of these issues. This car is oversprung, you expect a van of this size and weight to float over potholes but you feel every last one more than in my sedan! It's horribly annoying especially since I am in pothole city and I can't stand the way this thing bangs around. The brakes are too small for a van of this weight, they warp easily and just don't do the job as well as the Toyota. Lastly, the tranny is questionable. 1st to 2nd is starting to show signs of issues at 75,000miles. It's nicer than the Toyota but at the end of the day I would have traded off for a better ride and reliability.

Our Expert Review: 2009 Honda Odyssey