2018 Odyssey

2018 Honda Odyssey

#2 Most Popular Van
2018 Honda Odyssey

Have You Driven the 2018 Honda Odyssey?

Took the plunge and bought the minivan

by Melissa from FL on Thu Jun 01 2017

I upgraded my four-door hatchback to a minivan and I have not looked back. My growing family really appreciates all of the extra space and while it is not considered the coolest car, it has so much function and luxury that I could care less. Though I will say, for a minivan it looks pretty good. It's body style resembles my old Volkswagen rabbit.

Best vehicle I've owned

by mimi0f2 from Hughes Springs on Thu Jul 20 2017

I traded my first Odyssey in for the 2018 model. I thought I loved my 2017 elite....But this 2018 Odyssey Elite is by far the best mini van ever! What does it NOT do? I have't a clue! The cabin watch makes going down the road trying to keep an eye on your child in the backseat that has a seizure disorder, well can you say peace of mind! I don't have to continually look back to check! I can see him on the monitor! I can talk to the kids in the back over the speakers or through the headphones they are wearing watching a movie! -it has an app for the kids answering are we there yet and how much longer! -heated and cooled seats -all around climate control -extremely comfortable seats -push button transmission -acceleration for passing! ON A HILL -economy fuel for trips -auto shut off when idled L(that can easily be disabled) -air bags for days -cruise control at your control or following a vehicle to steady your speed -comfort and style -too many bells and whistles to list Honda has outdone theirselves with this 2018 Odyssey! I don't see how it can be topped!

2018 Honda Odysse EX

by Javsvt from Westchester county NY on Mon Aug 14 2017

The car is awesome, only a few things I would do to make it more perfect than it is. 1) make interface work easier with phone, seems like the it sometimes switches to google maps from radio if the voice commands are speaking, than you have to hit radio again through the main screen. 2) should definitely come with roof rails standard. Most if not all are used for long trips, so a cargo carrier up top is needed sometimes. 3) have a storage for the middle seat like the Sienna has. 4) more chargers or 12v plug for phone for the middle seats. Other than that, just took it FL from NY, great gas mileage!

Very stylish ban

by Milton from Cary NC on Sun Oct 15 2017

I owned Honda Odyssey previously. I like the new look for 2018. The one thing I didn't particularly like would be the seats. My older Odyssey seats are a lot more comfortable and also larger. This was a draw back to me.

Love my new 2018 Odyssey EX-L

by Suziecan24 on Fri Jan 05 2018

Traded in 2011 Honda Pilot EX-L for the 2018 Honda Odyssey. I cannot believe I didn’t buy this car sooner—I was caught up in the SUV craze but as soon as I test drove the Odyssey—it was over. Drives so smooth, fits my kids comfortably and all the sports gear. Makes our lives a little bit easier w/ the kids and I love that. Lots of great features—AppleCarPlay is awesome, radio sounds great, lots of legroom for me, the passenger seat and the kids! I could go on and on. Love it.

A dream to drive!

by mom2threefunsons on Sat Jul 22 2017

It is the perfect car for a family with kids of all ages. The magic slide seats are so useful and versatile. I love the way the outside looks too. A huge design improvement. Super smooth ride with lots of cool features like brake hold, adaptive cruise control, lane assist, etc. It really is the perfect car!

Great van

by Billyboy from Port Huron on Mon Aug 28 2017

Great ride and very quiet in cabin. Plenty of power. A load of safety features. Manic sliding second row seats work great and provide easy access to third row.

Wonderful car in all aspects

by Comfort with safety from Shreveport, La on Wed Aug 16 2017

This car is a wonder. So comfortable, lots of zip, and all the safety features such as blind foot warning, collision avoidance, etc. I picked this vehicle because of all the extra room it has for its class. Can easily fit 8 people I. The car with lots of room for luggage. For the price there is no equal.

Never thought I'd love a Minivan.

by ChWelsh from KY on Fri Jan 12 2018

This car meets every need we have plus about 20 we don't. Much better than the Sienna we drove. Smoother, more comfortable, better interior features, better technology.

2 months owned

by Nathan from Aberdeen, SD on Sun Jun 24 2018

We debated between the Odyssey and the Pacifica, and here's why we chose the Honda. 1)The dealership we went through, offered a free lifetime power-train warranty. This cost us nothing extra. 2)Safety features: Lane keep assist, blind spot monitoring, adaptive cruise control, and Anti-collision mitigation. To the best of my knowledge, these features were not available on the comparable trim model. I think we could have gotten them in higher trim packages. 3)Traction Control: both models have this, but I test drove them both on slushy/snowy roads, and noticed a distinct improvement on the Honda side. It doesn't grind like the Chrysler, it tracks straight, and it just goes when you punch it. I noticed similar results comparing the anti-lock brake systems. Honda flat out killed Chrysler here. 4)Spare tire: Chrysler has "run flat tires". No offense, but this is a sales gimmick. They got rid of the spare so they could fold their seats flat in the middle row. It's a trade-off, so just decide which is your preference. For me, I preferred the spare tire. 5) comfort of the seats: Seams petty, but when you are road tripping, seat comfort comes into play. On the comparable model for the Chrysler, the leather was perforated, which is probably more comfortable to sit on, but for my family we wanted leather for protection purposes. Those with kids understand that you don't need chocolate milk soaking into the perforations of the seats. 6)Bells and whistles: This is relatively a toss up, but for us it was important to have a 110 plug in in the front seat, not the middle row. There are a ton of little things to compare here, so I won't remember them all, or probably keep them straight. What I will say is this, pay attention to everything. Pros exist on the Chrysler side, but you have to weigh them back and forth. Pay attention to the heated middle row seats, the power and headphone options in the 3rd row and storage area, window shades in 3rd row, reclining 3rd row seats, 2nd row seat configuration options, cabin talk (functionality is key here)... The list really does go on and on. Every family is different, so I won't try to tell anyone what to prioritize. It really is a pretty close contest. I remember the days when Honda just blew everyone out of the water, but Chrysler has made some distinct improvements. I would really pay attention to (and play with ) the functionality of EVERYTHING. Our sales reps would tell us one thing, and we'd find out by playing with it, that it worked differently than they said, or that the feature didn't exist in the trim level that we were in. There's no way to go back and say, "but the sales guy said it would work this way." At the end of the day, it's up to us to make sure it has what we want before we purchase it. Do some reading. So far, I'm pretty happy with our purchase. I wouldn't do it differently, but the Honda isn't perfect. I've already got a slow leak on a tire, and need to get it dealt with. The auto sliding doors have acted up a time or two. I don't like some of the button placement (i.e. the sliding door buttons in the front should be where the passenger can also reach them; the windshield wiper intermittent speed control is inside the rear wiper control dial). Also android auto will pop up on my phone via bluetooth connection, but it doesn't work unless you plug it in to the USB... silly. I have not had the best luck getting a good connection for playing music from my phone. The Honda app is garbage, and needs developing. The volume of incoming calls tends to be waaaaay off of what your music is playing at, which is actually pretty startling at times. Really inconvenient if you have a sleeping kid. Other times, you can't hear the caller, and they can't hear you. I wonder if Apple products sync better than android (samsung). Good luck.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 14

Our Take on the 2018 Honda Odyssey

The verdict:

Like Mary Poppins, the 2018 Odyssey is a capable, enchanting family helper. Practically perfect in every way, it dazzles with improved road manners, an intuitive new multimedia system and more creature comforts than a bottomless carpetbag.

Versus the competition:

The Kia Sedona and Chrysler Pacifica have more style inside and out, and while the Odyssey bests the Sedona in features, it can't quite match the Pacifica's winning blend of comfortable road manners and family-friendly goodies.

Minivans are the ultimate family vehicle, tailor-made to carry the most demanding and untidiest of creatures — kids — but to this point Honda has not had the ultimate minivan. The previous-generation Honda Odyssey sunk in the Cars.com Ultimate Minivan Challenge thanks to unwieldy handling, a confusing multimedia system and blah looks.

Honda addressed all of that with the 2018 redesign. The new Odyssey wears a more chiseled body — a welcome update to its old concrete-slab-like styling — and gets a slick new multimedia system and improved handling. It competes against the Chrysler Pacifica, Kia Sedona and Toyota Sienna; compare their specs here.

The Road-Trip... Read More