NEW
Take our quiz & meet the car you’ll love.
2016 Pilot

2016 Honda Pilot

2016 Honda Pilot

Have You Driven the 2016 Honda Pilot?

The New 2016 Honda Pilot EX-L w/ Navi

by phonejack from Boston, MA on Tue Nov 17 2015

Nicely redesigned, in comparing to the Highlander the Pilot has a larger 3rd row seating area, easy entrance and egress, 6 speed automatic is silky smooth, a thicker windshield resulted in a very quite ride, good navigation features & display. Overall the kids like it as much as I do!

Traded for Highlander

by MD on Tue Apr 24 2018

About two years ago, I test drove both the 2016 Pilot and the 2016 Toyota Highlander. The Pilot had slightly more legroom in the back rows and I liked the armrest and low console between the seats, so I went with the Pilot. After driving the Pilot for almost two years, I realized I should’ve gone with the Highlander. The Pilot drives like a log truck, according to my husband. After driving my husband’s truck (yes, a 2015 truck has a smoother ride than my Pilot) and my daughters’ vehicles(2015, 2016), I decided he was right. I went back to test drive a new Highlander and not only is the ride so much smoother, but it’s so much quieter, too. On the Pilot, the push button start is right beside the climate control, so I found myself reaching for it to change climate settings. The Pilot does have features that I like. The camera in the passenger door mirror is my favorite thing. It was so useful and is such a great safety feature and I think it should be on all vehicles. The touch screen is very user friendly and was easy to set up and sync with my phone. I also liked that the middle seat was automatic so the passengers in the third row could move it forward with the touch of a button.

my best car

by herbnet from waynesboro,pa on Mon Apr 11 2016

best in all categories of any car I ever owned. handles awesome. have had many many cars during my ninety years and this beats all !

Fun, Sporty and Safe SUV

by Ohio Momma from Lima, Oh on Fri May 27 2016

Safety is the TOP priority for us when looking to buy a car for our family. Some SUVs we looked at didn't have complete iihs crash test results, so those SUVs were automatically tossed off our list. If I was running the company and had a good product, I would donate a couple SUVs/cars/trucks/whatever my product,etc for testing. The Honda Pilot had good crash test results and good safety equipment when you get the Honda Sensing package. We got the Touring edition which automatically comes with Honda Sensing, Navigation, and rear BlueRay Player. My only complaint is that there are not many rear vents for AC or heat. Those little backseat passengers can get pretty toasty on hot days, especially little ones in rear facing car seats.

Love this car

by lovemycar from Big Pine Key, Florida Keys on Mon Jun 06 2016

I had a hard time picking out a crossover suv. I needed space to put my craft wares when I did craft shows but was tired of the mini van/soccor mom look. I found the pilot to have generous room with the seats folded down to meet my needs. The car feel solid and balanced. Easy to drive with no blind spots. Up nice and high to see. Accelerates well to get out in traffic with confidence. Although it has the larger engine my fuel economy has been great. Much better than my older car. The interour feels plush and fun. I have no complaints. It comes with lots of safety options back up camera etc. I just love this car. So glad I picked this one.

Love at first sight

by I Love My Honda from Floyds Knobs, Indiana on Tue Sep 29 2015

I needed a new vehicle. Wanted as AWD SUV with 3rd row seat. After test driving all the SUV with 3rd row seats, I decided on a Honda Pilot. I love my new vehicle. It has new sleek styling and better gas mileage than previous models.

Always RELIABLE

by Elceecarr from Blairsville, GA on Fri Apr 27 2018

I have owned ONLY Honda’s since 1989 - almost 30 yrs. I’ve never owned a more reliable vehicle - from my first Accord to the CRV and now a Pilot. With proper preventative maintenance - these cars have proved reliable and have NEVER in the 30 yrs I’ve driven Honda - ever left me on the side of the road, in the middle of a busy road or stuck somewhere. I can’t say that for previous owned other brands of vehicles. Can’t go wrong with a Honda. I have found my Pilot a heavy, well built, comfortable driving vehicle that I would recommend to anyone looking for a reliable operating mode of transportation. I ended up purchasing the EXL model with heated seats, sunroof and leather interior. Can’t say enough positive things about this vehicle.

Horrible transmission problems

by H1728hana from Brooklyn on Mon Oct 08 2018

Worst place n vehicle to buy my husband bought a used Honda Pilot 2016 at 8k miles with extended warranty and in July they did a transmission flush his vehicle kept jittering yet again same issue in September and it didn’t even run 15k miles and the respond the technician gave was there has been a lot of vehicles coming with this issue we need to do a transmission flush three time to see if it fixes the issue now going in the 3 time doesn’t even have a month and back to the same jittering back n forth all cause he is getting close to his 60k extended warranty they know they need to change the transmission n are doing this so it can go on self pay off his pocket and they not bill warranty. A complete load of crap!

Nice ride

by Love the value from Phoenix on Wed Sep 23 2015

Had a 2008 Pilot, son totaled it, loved my 2008, was not looking to replace it for at least 5 years. I was really sad to see it go. I did not expect the new Pilot to be so much more and loaded with new tools and toys. I don't miss my old Pilot anymore.

ZF9 Blues

by Gunslinger on Wed Aug 15 2018

my 2016 Honda Pilot touring was the perfect SUV for our family that is until we started Living with the Germans ef9 transmission and it's Corky shifting and hesitations that was problematic. Once I got my letter from Honda telling me that my warranty has been extended to 10 years and a hundred thousand miles because the transmission heater will fail and cause major transmission failure I knew that my time with this pilot was going to be limited. As soon as I could arrange the transaction I traded the 2016 pilot in for the 2018 Honda Ridgeline rtl-e and haven't looked back for a second. the smooth shifting 6 Speed Honda Transmission in the Ridgeline is a welcome relief to the 9-speed quirkiness of the pilot. unfortunately if you want to get the cool kid options in the pilot you have to put up with a German 9 speeds that is the price that many shouldn't pay. Ridgeline isn't perfect either having to put up with the lack of options that the Canadians normally get is something that is disheartening from Honda.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 18

Our Take on the 2016 Honda Pilot

The 2016 Honda Pilot has climbed to the top of the three-row SUV class, delivering all the room, comfort, safety features and versatility that make the potholed roads of parenting just a tiny bit smoother.

Most seasoned parents keep an arsenal of secret weapons on hand, ready to spring into action when the wheels start to fall off the family sanity bus — from an emergency snack bag for a meltdown-free car ride to a secret stash of can't-sleep-without-it blankie replacements. The Honda Pilot should be added to that stockpile.

The 2016 Pilot is completely redesigned, with a radically different exterior design, new powertrains, restyled cabin controls and upgraded interior materials. For... Read More