2016 Pilot

2016 Honda Pilot

2016 Honda Pilot

Have You Driven the 2016 Honda Pilot?

The New 2016 Honda Pilot EX-L w/ Navi

by phonejack from Boston, MA on Tue Nov 17 2015

Nicely redesigned, in comparing to the Highlander the Pilot has a larger 3rd row seating area, easy entrance and egress, 6 speed automatic is silky smooth, a thicker windshield resulted in a very quite ride, good navigation features & display. Overall the kids like it as much as I do!

Love this car

by lovemycar from Big Pine Key, Florida Keys on Mon Jun 06 2016

I had a hard time picking out a crossover suv. I needed space to put my craft wares when I did craft shows but was tired of the mini van/soccor mom look. I found the pilot to have generous room with the seats folded down to meet my needs. The car feel solid and balanced. Easy to drive with no blind spots. Up nice and high to see. Accelerates well to get out in traffic with confidence. Although it has the larger engine my fuel economy has been great. Much better than my older car. The interour feels plush and fun. I have no complaints. It comes with lots of safety options back up camera etc. I just love this car. So glad I picked this one.

Fun, Sporty and Safe SUV

by Ohio Momma from Lima, Oh on Fri May 27 2016

Safety is the TOP priority for us when looking to buy a car for our family. Some SUVs we looked at didn't have complete iihs crash test results, so those SUVs were automatically tossed off our list. If I was running the company and had a good product, I would donate a couple SUVs/cars/trucks/whatever my product,etc for testing. The Honda Pilot had good crash test results and good safety equipment when you get the Honda Sensing package. We got the Touring edition which automatically comes with Honda Sensing, Navigation, and rear BlueRay Player. My only complaint is that there are not many rear vents for AC or heat. Those little backseat passengers can get pretty toasty on hot days, especially little ones in rear facing car seats.

Love at first sight

by I Love My Honda from Floyds Knobs, Indiana on Tue Sep 29 2015

I needed a new vehicle. Wanted as AWD SUV with 3rd row seat. After test driving all the SUV with 3rd row seats, I decided on a Honda Pilot. I love my new vehicle. It has new sleek styling and better gas mileage than previous models.

Great redesign and nice safety features

by RoadRashTX from Dallas, TX on Wed Aug 05 2015

I recently purchased the Pilot after having an Element for about 9 years. I have always like the Pilot but I thought that the older models were starting to look dated. When I first saw pictures of the new Pilot I was not that impressed but once I saw it in the showroom and took it for a test drive, I was sold. I have seen many reviews for the new Pilot and most of the negative reviews appear to be coming from old Pilot owners that just do not like the new styling. Everyone has their opinion but I think that it was about time for them to redesign this vehicle. I have only had the Pilot for about 3 weeks but so far I am impressed. It is comfortable, roomy and has a nice amount of power. It comes with 3rd row seating but I rarely need that much seating area so I primarily keep the 3rd row folded so that I have more storage space. I am also happy with all the safety features and electronics they have added to the Pilot. The LaneWatch camera is great and so is the infotainment system. I currently do not have any complaints about the new Pilot. I hope that it continues to impress me.

Nice ride

by Love the value from Phoenix on Wed Sep 23 2015

Had a 2008 Pilot, son totaled it, loved my 2008, was not looking to replace it for at least 5 years. I was really sad to see it go. I did not expect the new Pilot to be so much more and loaded with new tools and toys. I don't miss my old Pilot anymore.

ZF9 Blues

by Gunslinger on Wed Aug 15 2018

my 2016 Honda Pilot touring was the perfect SUV for our family that is until we started Living with the Germans ef9 transmission and it's Corky shifting and hesitations that was problematic. Once I got my letter from Honda telling me that my warranty has been extended to 10 years and a hundred thousand miles because the transmission heater will fail and cause major transmission failure I knew that my time with this pilot was going to be limited. As soon as I could arrange the transaction I traded the 2016 pilot in for the 2018 Honda Ridgeline rtl-e and haven't looked back for a second. the smooth shifting 6 Speed Honda Transmission in the Ridgeline is a welcome relief to the 9-speed quirkiness of the pilot. unfortunately if you want to get the cool kid options in the pilot you have to put up with a German 9 speeds that is the price that many shouldn't pay. Ridgeline isn't perfect either having to put up with the lack of options that the Canadians normally get is something that is disheartening from Honda.

Does not recommend this car!!

Most comfortable vehicle I have ever owned!

by Pilot 1 from Richlands, NC on Wed Sep 23 2015

We have owned Hondas before so we knew that they were a great value. This is one of the best driving vehicles I think I have ever driven. Leather interior is comfortable and the addition of soft spots such as armrest and dash make it even better. Great sound system, back up camera with three different views and build in navigation system. I would highly recommend this vehicle to anyone! Only thing is do not look for great deals right now. This is a new model year, they are hard to find and when you do there is not much dealing to be had and I searched over half this state to find mine. Scored a great one Honda in my humble opinion!

Elated With My New Elite

by Happy Honda Owner from San Jose, CA on Tue Mar 08 2016

I just purchased a 2016 Honda Elite to replace my 2007 Pilot LX. I must say Honda has made great strides to improve this vehicle. The exterior styling is much sleeker and more aerodynamic. The engine and transmission has more power and smoother shifting through the gears. The ride is also smoother on bumpy roads. The added safety features like Lane Keeping Assist (LKAS), Blind Spot with Cross Traffic Monitor, parking assist, and the Cruise Control will slow down when the car in front slows down, make this a much safer vehicle to drive on long family trips. The surround sound system will blow you away when you insert a Blue Ray DVD for the rear passangers. There are too many feature to mention on this review, so I will close by saying I love my new Pilot.

excellent features for the money

by moving on up from Savoy, Illinois on Mon Aug 10 2015

I looked at other models in same class, had a toyota hilander hybred prev. , this as $8,000 less for all the same features , love the push button start, dissplay panel very easy to navigate, Honda Link was able to add a navigation system for $160, far less than the $1625 if it had been put on at factory, handles excellect. very good eceleration

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 20

Our Take on the 2016 Honda Pilot

The 2016 Honda Pilot has climbed to the top of the three-row SUV class, delivering all the room, comfort, safety features and versatility that make the potholed roads of parenting just a tiny bit smoother.

Most seasoned parents keep an arsenal of secret weapons on hand, ready to spring into action when the wheels start to fall off the family sanity bus — from an emergency snack bag for a meltdown-free car ride to a secret stash of can’t-sleep-without-it blankie replacements. The Honda Pilot should be added to that stockpile.

The 2016 Pilot is completely redesigned, with a radically different exterior design, new powertrains, restyled cabin controls and upgraded interior materials. For... Read More