2019 Honda Pilot consumer reviews

side view of 2019 Pilot Honda
Explore the 2019 Honda Pilot
Shop the 2019 Honda Pilot

THANK YOU MARC!!

We had an excellent sales rep (Marc)! He definitely understand all our needs, wants and went above and beyond with his professionalism! We’d definitely come back in the near future. Thank you Marc G!!

So far so good

Very nice ride and impressed so far. The Pilot is my first Honda SUV that I have owned. We drove it on a short trip last weekend and overall we were very pleased.

4.0

Good Family Car, but Infotainment Inexcusable.

It is a good, no-frills family car. The only issue I had with the Pilot was the touchscreen set up on the infotainment. To me, the difficulty of scrolling through albums or artists on carplay or any other source makes this car dangerous to drive. You have to take your eyes of the road for too long to effectively navigate the system. Often touching the 'buttons' on the screen does nothing or takes several seconds to register. Honda has long been known for great engineering and ergonomics, but the decision to leave a tuning knob off on the this system, or any physical buttons at all, seems like a decision made by the design department only. The user experience is terrible, inefficient and distracting. We traded the Pilot for an Expedition to tow our camper, and the touchscreen/button combo there is much safer and easier to operate. That is the other note - these are not meant to be tow vehicles for campers - boats or pop ups will be okay, but a proper travel trailer overwhelms the Pilot.

Certified Preowned

Bought certified preowned. Nice vehicle with all the bells and whistles. Traded in a Buick Enclave which had the same accessories because the Honda seems to have a lot more power.

Can’t think of anything else to drive.

This vehicle fits every need I’ve ever had in short trips or long drives. The leg and headroom as well as the comfort is remarkable. The designers of this vehicle thought of everything including safety.

2.1

Really bad build quality

Honda really let go of their build quality most body line don’t align seat started to make noise, weather stripping coming off all this before 15k the ride is very stiff also also have some transmission issue too.

4.0

Glad I went with 2019 over 2018

After being a Chevy/Ford guy for my whole life, decided to jump ship and see what the hype was about. The car checks all the boxes for my family. My chief needs with going with this vehicle was reliability and safety. My only complaints so far are that the trunk area is slightly small, I wish there was a way to automatically dim the center console, and I wish there was a little more room to access the third row from the door. I will also have to keep an eye on the engine because the VCM is supposed to be detrimental in the long term. I suggest anyone looking to buy a 3rd gen pilot go to the Piloteers forum and read up.

So Roomy

I owned a CR-V which I loved but my husband insisted we needed a bigger vehicle to haul the grandkids. So glad he insisted. Now I wouldn’t want a smaller car. Dependable and drives so well.

Wanted new, bought "Certified" used. Great deal!

Superb visibility, extraordinary ride, good handling, comfortable, more than adequate power... pleasantly surprising tech. Would like a little more advanced styling externally, but it still looks nice. Another 1" of hiproom would make this car perfect even for big guys like me....

3.0

Quality of Honda has gone down

This is my second pilot after I sold my 2007 with 70k miles on it. Previous model had a much better quality of interior than this one. Within two years interior worn out with very little use since it only has 8k on it at this time. Also, the infotainment center is not very user friendly and actually worse than my 2016 Accord. I am certainly moving away from Honda from my next vehicle purchase.