2008 H3

2008 Hummer H3

2008 Hummer H3

Have You Driven the 2008 Hummer H3?

Great vehicle

by Alpha driver from Arkansas on Sun Jan 23 2011

This is the best SUV I have owned. I drive the Alpha model that has the 5.3 V8. That is the only H3 I would want. All of the others I test drove were so under powered. The 5.3 pulls great. I leveled the front end and put 35" tires on it. It still rides and drives like factory. The interior is tight and the gauge layout is just right. I would recommend this to anyone.

Hummer H3X

by Bringbackthehummers from Iowa City, IA on Mon May 07 2012

This is a well-made car with the roughness of the Jeep but the comfort and styling of a Cadillac. Lots of power and yet still good on gas! Couldn't ask for a better midsize SUV. It is sad that they are no longer making them. I will DEFINITELY have bought a new one!

My new Hummer H3

by Love my cars from Chicago on Sun Sep 07 2008

I just bought my 2008 H3. I got a great deal and am very happy. THe interior is very classy, not opulant but not cheap and the leather is very very nice. The two tone leather and dash is sweet. The exterior has that tough look but still kind of exotic. Its a hummer and the style, name and image it has just sets it off. I got black,chorme and creme interior. I seems to have fine power and drives like a tank but with great reponsiveness. It is a little bouncy but it reminds me of what it is. I think the storage space is a little small for such a large vehicle, but thats ok. The rear door ways are a little small but I never sit back there anyway, LOLOl Anyway, Im very happy, impressed and I love. I get looks, comments and compliments. I never received these from my Lexus 300, Bmw 318i or Mercedes M class. Tough look, luxury interior and different styling with the HUMMER badge. Whats not to love. Reliablity is still to be seen, I have 380 Miles on it.

2008 H3 Alpha

by Weekend warrior from Arizona on Fri Nov 18 2011

Awesome vehicle. Very comfortable and capable off road. Feels very stable on dirt roads. The rear locker has helped me out of a few tricky spots. Have not had one problem with the vehicle since I got it.

Uses car for Off-roading

New (used) Hummer

by Frozen Tundra Hummer driver. from Green Bay, WI on Fri Jan 15 2010

This is the coolest vehical I have owned. Traded in a 2003 lexus for this truck and am loving every minuet. Great in the snow. I also own a '99 lexus rx300 and the all-wheel drive on the lexus is great, I thought no vehical can be better (wrong) HUMMER way better. Not real big on cargo so take that into acccout if you look at these trucks but very comfy and fun to drive.

Best SUV ever made

by Steven in Nevada from Nevada on Fri Sep 11 2009

I have owned alot of vehicles. This is by far the best vehicle as well as best SUV made. Quality is great, performance is very good. Seats are flexible fold down and when up adults can use the rear seats. Great leather very durable. HVAC controls are very easy to use and understand. Ride is superior to Tahoe, Suburban, Durango, Expedition, Jeep, FJ Toyota, It is like a sportscar SUV (I own a Corvette also) that is un stoppable off road. Much better than even the H2. It is very rugged and well built. It was a little pericy but with the discounts now it is a bargin. I didn't really understand how good it was until we owned it for a while. Looking for another one now. Cons, gas mileage the same as other 4x4's meaning poor. No steering wheel audio controls,Back up camera not integrated with navigation system,(it's with the rear view mirror) Fog light switch next to a similiar sized phone button. Radio does not have input for Ipod, No rear seat heat or air conditioning ducts.

A vehicle that returns the favor!

by 4 Wheel Maniac from San Diego, CA on Sun Nov 25 2007

I just got my H3 and I took it to the desert the following day for a little fun. I have to say that i am very impressed with the vehicles performance and comfort. It took everything i gave it and was begging for more of a challenge. I didn't even have to put it into it's 4wd low lock with the exception of one tough crawl up the side of the cliffs with very deep sand on a very steep incline. (From a dead stop). Everyone's got their own opinion but if you wanna feel like your driving a tank with sports car feel. This is the one!! I hope you enjoy.

Road Styling

by humbee from Prescott, AZ on Wed Feb 01 2012

As a short person at 4'10", I'm so grateful to have a vehicle that gives me the road perspective with a height advantage; that I could get a good sitting position is amazing. I do wish the H3 had a locking glove compartment, removeable backseat headrest (so I could see rear better) and a wider driver side mappocket, oh, an eyeglass holder too. But, I am enjoying my new ride which is firm and grizzly.

I would recommend this to anyone after 8 years.

by Ed from on Fri Feb 24 2017

I lifted and put 35" tires on it. After 8 years It still rides and drives like factory. The interior is tight.

Extreme confidence with the H3

by Husker Hummer Fan from Omaha, NE on Tue Jan 12 2010

To begin with I have been a single Dad of three and now remarried with 8 kids and need a vehicle that will allow me to get to my kids or with my kids any time of year without fail. My primary vehicle is a 9 passenger Suburban. I wanted something with style but with a great deal of substance. The H3 has been all I knew it would be. Tough and rugged, it takes care of all the snow piles and winter mess without any problems. The ride is comfortable and the height of the truck makes viewing a breeze. Others have complained about the sightlines but I find no problems at all. Having driving many a large moving truck, I'm use to using mirrors. The Alpha model I bought came with the back-up assistant but in my opinion it is not required, but a nice little touch. The gas milage in the winter is less that listed but most cars and trucks usually are in the winter. If you are going to stress about gas milage, you should not be buying a full-sized truck anyway. I considered trucks, but had no use for a flat-bed that would do very little in my world. The back space in the H3 is admitted small, but the seats do fold down to give added space. Having used minivans to haul lumber and drywall in the past, knowing how to make due has never been a problem. I bought this so I could always get to my kids and get them where they needed to be with safety and confidence. This is an outstanding truck for that. The Alpha version with the extra power is very nice and the adventure package with larger wheels and a crome look make for a very fun car. Some seem to want to give me a hard time about the gas, but here in Omaha where half the town owns a truck but very few actually do work that needs one, it is a bit like the cat calling the kettle black. Bottom line; this truck did what no other could do for us. It provided subtance and style. Not to mention that it is a great deal easier to get into the back seats than anything Nissan makes, and although I like the substance of a 4Runner, it lacks any uniqueness. And as a long time lover of how Jeep Wranglers look, the H3 is a GREAT blend of the Hummer with a bit of a Wrangler feel. I even looked at the H2 but don't find those nearly as attractive as the H3, especially when you start to look and see that you are not getting much more inside the H2 than you get in the H3. LOVE the H3 Alpha!

1 2 3 4 5

Our Take on the 2008 Hummer H3

Ever since it debuted for the 2006 model year, Hummer's H3 has been one of the toughest-looking SUVs around, while its engine offerings have been comparatively puny. That changes with the debut of the new H3 Alpha, which gives the midsize SUV V-8 power for the first time. Already a competent off-roader, the thirsty V-8 transforms the H3 into a truck that's much easier to live with in urban and suburban jungles, which many H3s call home.

Alpha Male Styling
The H3 exudes toughness to the point of being almost ridiculous, what with its bulging fenders, short side windows and massive tires. Toyota's FJ Cruiser is another radically styled SUV like the H3, but it doesn't have the hard-edged look the Hummer... Read More