2008 Hummer H 3

Favorite car I ever owned. Wish I never sold

by from Boone, NC on July 31, 2017

This was my favorite car I've ever owned. There was the perfect amount of space, luxury interior and exterior, great performance in all weather. This car drove great and all passengers road comfortable on long and short trips. I lived in both the suburbs and the mountains when driving this car. Handled beautifully in the snow and on the mountain terrains. I drove it off roading often. Never a problem with the handling or towing.

looks good

by from colorado springs, co on July 25, 2017

big and rugged, great to drive, easy to get in and out of, lots of room front and back, love the dash lay out and the Sirius/xm radio with hands free phone is best ever

Under Rated Offroad Vehicle.

by from Southern California on July 15, 2017

This is my 2nd H3 (Base Model), same year, color, and powertrain, w/96K miles on it. Without a maintenance history, I went right through it, including new stock highway tires. I've been getting over 21 mpg highway, and over 17 city, w/the A/C on full, here in Southern California. It has the i5 engine w/the rare 5 spd. manual transmission.

Uses car for Havingfun

Excellent Vehicle

by from Orlando on June 26, 2017

Purchased my 2008 H3 Alpha Hummer Used in 2010 with 10,000 miles on it and sold it last week with 93,000 miles. Never had one issue with the Hummer the entire time I owned it. Was an excellent vehicle for any activity I presented it with. Was very happy I upgraded to the H3 Alpha Luxury Package with the V8 engine providing a significant improvement over the standard H3. The only criticism I have about the Hummer is something I knew about going in, poor gas mileage. Overall, however, I give the H3 Hummer Alpha 5 out of 5 stars.

Great little rig all around

by from Midland, TX on June 15, 2017

My Hummer H3 Alpha is a great little truck. I've owned several off-roaders, and this is my favorite by far. It's comfortable and has plenty of power with the V8. It'd avoid the I-5 model. If you're going to do any off-roading I'd stick with the adventure model (off-road suspension package if you have the Alpha trim). Pros: Very cool, unique rig. Plenty of power with the V8 Nice interior - great stereo, comfortable seats, etc. Cons: Gas mileage (but you knew that already, right?) Cargo space is kind of small. Not tiny, but not that big either. Front end components are kind of weak for serious rock crawling. You have to be very, very easy on the gas or you'll break axles and steering components all the time. I broke 4 axles and a steering rack. Aftermarket is kind of lacking, and by kind of, I mean it's almost totally non-existent. If you're looking to make serious modifications, either plan on going custom or buy a JK. If you want something that's capable off-road and you're fine with 33 inch tires (or 35's if you're very careful - they fit with little modification) and something that's nice to drive to work, then the H3 is for you.

Uses car for Off-roading

Most reliable car I've owned

by from on June 15, 2017

This vechicle had been great for me. Rides smooth on payment and off road. Comfortable seating and plenty of trunk space.

HUMMER= 18 miles per gallon WOW

by from Portland on June 11, 2017

This is an eye catcher. It is so awesome to drive. Good gas milage . Looks good and ON STAR controls on mirror. Leather interior. Buy it you won't be sorry.

Love driving this, can't wait to go off reading!

by from Belleville, mi on May 26, 2017

I love driving the Hummer H3! Can't wait till I can take this off road! Love the heated seats! Handles well, built solid!

Uses car for Off-roading

My H3 Hummer is THE BEST #!!

by from Norfolk, VA on May 25, 2017

Very roomy, reliable, Great on gas ! I like the way it handles curves, and definitely the Power of the engine, it's safety features, and it's sexy attention-getting Beauty!!

I would recommend this to anyone after 8 years.

by from on February 24, 2017

I lifted and put 35" tires on it. After 8 years It still rides and drives like factory. The interior is tight.

Our Expert Review: 2008 Hummer H 3