2008 Accent

4.6 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

I love my car!!

by Widge from on July 21, 2010

I've only had the car for 4 mths, but its been great. It's a smooth drive and it's a cute fun car. There isn't much to it, but that doesn't bother me I don't need fancy design just the basics. It has over 40000 miles on it and it drives like a dream! I heard bad things about hyundais, but we have 3 in my family and all have been great! Its great value for your money, I highly recommend this car.

Great commuter car!

by Hobnobs Mausi from Virginia on August 1, 2011

I moved to the US from Europe and my company would only ship one of my cars... I decided to ship my XK8 here and buy a car for commuting. The local Jaguar dealer had a 2008 Hyundai Accent 3 door for sale. I bought it last year and not only does it get better gas mileage than it's rated for (I get 34-35 mpg hwy) it also has been an incredibly reliable car. The car is wonderful and if Hyundai came out with a convertible, I'd consider trading in my Jaguar! I love the car that much!

MPG? Top MPG!

by litesong from Everett, Washington on July 21, 2008

My wife's manual 2008 Accent, bought December 2007, gave OK 30 to 32MPG rising to 33MPG as the spring weather warmed. Despite 2900rpms at 60 MPH, the engine, wind & road noise is low to moderate & the ride is smooth. Make sure the dealer installs the short throw shifter, making the shifter & clutch combo slick & easy engaging! Steering is quick & you'll love it. Her Accent functions 100% with no squeaks, creaks, or rattles. With warming weather I feather footed 3 daytrips over 1400, 3000, 4000 & 5500 foot mountain passes getting 41.5, 42.6, & 45.1 MPG! Think Yaris & Honda Fit might not get much better MPG. Tho Yaris, Fit & Accent have the same exterior width, Accent has 1 to 3 inches more shoulder width than Yaris & a bit more than Fit! Accent has 60% more cargo room than Yaris with the backseats up, lots of room for my wife's artwork. The base Accent has comfy 8-way adjustable driver's seat for my bad back, right armrest, tach, trip odometer, mudflaps, interior adjustable rearview mirrors, & v. easy manual windows for reliability. NO ROLLDOWN REAR WINDOWS. They should have been at least POPOUT WINDOWS. Accent has sweet colors so holdout for your favorite color. I saw some base Accents selling for $9000.

Excellent Car for the Money

by Grant from Parker, CO on October 10, 2017

I bought my Hyundai Accent new in 2008. Have never had any issues with it other than the brake light switch failing. Hyundai issued the recall for this issue right after mine went out. Still drive it daily and have 150,000 miles on it.

Replacement for Honda Civic

by Small car lover from Reston, VA on February 5, 2014

I started searching for a new car after my Honda Civic was crashed by a fallen tree in a freezing rain. This car, Hyundai Accent, was almost as small and had my preferred manual transmission. It has two advantages over the Honda Civic, namely: (1) the headlights are automatically turned off as soon as the engine is turned off; (2) It has several different intermittent modes of running the windshield wipers. Some disadvantages are (1) inability to open the trunk from the driver's seat; (2) some inconvenience when pressing the clutch pedal; Perhaps, I'll have more to say after having driven it for some time - it's only one month since I bought the car.

A Hyundai is reliable, fun to drive, and stylish

by Destiny2 from Baton Rouge, LA on July 24, 2017

My 2008 Hyundai was the best car I ever owned. It was sleek. It was fast. It was a cool car. The gas mileage was great The motor was quiet getting into this car made me smile. My next car will probably be another Hyundai.

Used car but a great little vehicle

by fun car from Council Groves, KS on April 12, 2013

Great car for running around town. Easy and fun to drive. Makes for a wonderful car for our son at school.

Great Car

by skinny tall guy from Wichita, ks on July 11, 2009

After the initial 500 mile break in period (bought the car with 6 miles on it), my wife and I have been averaging 34.5 mpg around town. We haven't taken it on any road trips yet so we don't know what kind of mileage it will get on the highway. My biggest problem with the car it the way they geared it( 5 speed) The auto gets better mpg on the highway because it is revving lower in fourth gear than the manual does in 5th! It is crazy. I am going to put bigger tires and wheels on it to give it better highway mpgs. Also the back seats don't fold nearly flat enough. But I love the car and it has been awesome to us with no problems yet, plus they Hyundai dealership was super friendly and very helpful.

Best Budget Car out there

by 08AccentGS from Maryland on July 2, 2009

Bought one year old '08 model w/13k miles. Remainder of 60m/60k warranty transfers, 2nd owner loses add'l 100k pwrtrn warranty. Great car. Have the base model w/5spd. 33MPG in commuting, 34.5,35.6MPG in 50/50 town/hwy, 39.7 in mostly hwy. Great features for base level- adj. seat height, tilt wh., built in XM with nice display/controls, MP3 port, 6spkrs. Lighted gl.comp and hatch area, tilt rear seats, tach, left foot rest, armrest. I am 6'1" and have more headroom than my truck. Smooth ride for small car, handling decent. Gauges,controls well laid out and visible. Solid interior. Huge windshield gives great vis. Remaining warranty is better than many new warranties! Dislikes- Steering wheel too thick Balky std. manual shifter- solved by inst. of B&M sport shifter,(highly recommended!) Back is not completely flat when seats folded down. Hard door armrest. Low torque in first gear. -Very satisfied overall.

Very reliable

by Joanna from Noblesville, IN on September 27, 2011

Car gets good gas milage, very reliable. It has no frills however, it is a great economical car. The car is small, very easy to park, and manover. The seats go down in the back, which makes it great for hauling things around.

1 2 3