2008 Accent

2008 Hyundai Accent

4.1

4 out of 5 stars Performance
4 out of 5 stars Exterior Styling

Have You Driven the 2008 Hyundai Accent?

I love my car!!

by Widge from on Wed Jul 21 2010

I've only had the car for 4 mths, but its been great. It's a smooth drive and it's a cute fun car. There isn't much to it, but that doesn't bother me I don't need fancy design just the basics. It has over 40000 miles on it and it drives like a dream! I heard bad things about hyundais, but we have 3 in my family and all have been great! Its great value for your money, I highly recommend this car.

Great commuter car!

by Hobnobs Mausi from Virginia on Mon Aug 01 2011

I moved to the US from Europe and my company would only ship one of my cars... I decided to ship my XK8 here and buy a car for commuting. The local Jaguar dealer had a 2008 Hyundai Accent 3 door for sale. I bought it last year and not only does it get better gas mileage than it's rated for (I get 34-35 mpg hwy) it also has been an incredibly reliable car. The car is wonderful and if Hyundai came out with a convertible, I'd consider trading in my Jaguar! I love the car that much!

MPG? Top MPG!

by litesong from Everett, Washington on Mon Jul 21 2008

My wife's manual 2008 Accent, bought December 2007, gave OK 30 to 32MPG rising to 33MPG as the spring weather warmed. Despite 2900rpms at 60 MPH, the engine, wind & road noise is low to moderate & the ride is smooth. Make sure the dealer installs the short throw shifter, making the shifter & clutch combo slick & easy engaging! Steering is quick & you'll love it. Her Accent functions 100% with no squeaks, creaks, or rattles. With warming weather I feather footed 3 daytrips over 1400, 3000, 4000 & 5500 foot mountain passes getting 41.5, 42.6, & 45.1 MPG! Think Yaris & Honda Fit might not get much better MPG. Tho Yaris, Fit & Accent have the same exterior width, Accent has 1 to 3 inches more shoulder width than Yaris & a bit more than Fit! Accent has 60% more cargo room than Yaris with the backseats up, lots of room for my wife's artwork. The base Accent has comfy 8-way adjustable driver's seat for my bad back, right armrest, tach, trip odometer, mudflaps, interior adjustable rearview mirrors, & v. easy manual windows for reliability. NO ROLLDOWN REAR WINDOWS. They should have been at least POPOUT WINDOWS. Accent has sweet colors so holdout for your favorite color. I saw some base Accents selling for $9000.

Excellent Car for the Money

by Grant from Parker, CO on Tue Oct 10 2017

I bought my Hyundai Accent new in 2008. Have never had any issues with it other than the brake light switch failing. Hyundai issued the recall for this issue right after mine went out. Still drive it daily and have 150,000 miles on it.

A Hyundai is reliable, fun to drive, and stylish

by Destiny2 from Baton Rouge, LA on Mon Jul 24 2017

My 2008 Hyundai was the best car I ever owned. It was sleek. It was fast. It was a cool car. The gas mileage was great The motor was quiet getting into this car made me smile. My next car will probably be another Hyundai.

Replacement for Honda Civic

by Small car lover from Reston, VA on Wed Feb 05 2014

I started searching for a new car after my Honda Civic was crashed by a fallen tree in a freezing rain. This car, Hyundai Accent, was almost as small and had my preferred manual transmission. It has two advantages over the Honda Civic, namely: (1) the headlights are automatically turned off as soon as the engine is turned off; (2) It has several different intermittent modes of running the windshield wipers. Some disadvantages are (1) inability to open the trunk from the driver's seat; (2) some inconvenience when pressing the clutch pedal; Perhaps, I'll have more to say after having driven it for some time - it's only one month since I bought the car.

Used car but a great little vehicle

by fun car from Council Groves, KS on Fri Apr 12 2013

Great car for running around town. Easy and fun to drive. Makes for a wonderful car for our son at school.

Cheap on gas runs well

by JD from Denver, co on Tue Jul 11 2017

I think it a good car for the cheap price... Less issues than America motor company's. No engine lights like American motor at 100k

Uses car for Off-roading

+++++

by Aleksey Tarasov from Ukraine, Kharkov on Sun Sep 17 2017

auto surpassed my expectations, convenient, economical, comfortable. At purchase expected less, than received. It is very dynamic on the road, you feel confident even when driving with sharp maneuvers.

Great Car

by skinny tall guy from Wichita, ks on Sat Jul 11 2009

After the initial 500 mile break in period (bought the car with 6 miles on it), my wife and I have been averaging 34.5 mpg around town. We haven't taken it on any road trips yet so we don't know what kind of mileage it will get on the highway. My biggest problem with the car it the way they geared it( 5 speed) The auto gets better mpg on the highway because it is revving lower in fourth gear than the manual does in 5th! It is crazy. I am going to put bigger tires and wheels on it to give it better highway mpgs. Also the back seats don't fold nearly flat enough. But I love the car and it has been awesome to us with no problems yet, plus they Hyundai dealership was super friendly and very helpful.

1 2 3