2011 Elantra

4.5

Have You Driven the 2011 Hyundai Elantra?

First Hyundai I've Owned

by Value Performance Driver from Dallas, TX on Tue Apr 19 2011

I compared the 2011 Elantra, 2011 Chevy Cruze, 2011 Kia Forte, 2011 Ford Fiesta, and 2011 Toyota Corolla. I brought the new 2011 Elantra Limited. Edging out the 2011 Chevy Cruze which was a close second. Elantra had a little more room and too many extras included that the Cruze did not have. Elantra also had better MPG. All the other cars which I drove and looked at felt cheap, lacked style, or were too small. I have 7,000 miles on my Elantra now. I had no problems. It has been a really amazing car. Style inside just flows. Leather heated seats front and back have been a joy. Power Sunroof and quite interior. Doors are easy to close and seal the wind noise out. It has an ipod hook up and satelite radio. Handling is tight and responsive. The performance and ride is good. It is not the quickest car out there but it does fine. For quiker accelaration I use the six speed shiftronic which is fun. If you rev the RPM up it will acceralate a little quicker but this is not what I bought the car for. I bought it for its fuel ecomony and overall value which has been great! On mixed driving (City/HWY) MPG is 33-36. Hwy driving 40-45 MPG driving speed limit. I have gotten 50 MPG but that was really driving 50-55 MPH. Not pushing on the gas quickly and coasting where I can. (It has an Econ setting definitely helps). I would recommend the 2011 Hyundai Elantra. If you are in the market for a new car with great value and MPG you should definitely give it a test drive.

Hyundai Elantra Limited 2011

by My Elantra Saved my Life... from Nashville, TN on Fri May 13 2011

I purchased my Elantra Limited in March 2011. On Wednesday, I was in a car accident. I was traveling between 45 and 50 mph when a vehicle pulled out in front of me. I t-boned the small SUV. My airbag deployed as it should and I am alive and well because of it. My car was just announced as a total loss with over $18,000 in damages. I am definitely purchasing another Elantra especially since it kept me safe when I needed it to. Love this car!

Perfect fit!

by Dad buying a car for daughter from Richmond, TX on Tue Oct 11 2011

We were looking for a used car for my daughter and ran across the Elantra. What a bargain! Beautiful styling, solid features and great dependability. And gas mileage we could only have hoped for. And the price of the new Elantra was about the same as the used vehicles we were looking at (e.g. Honda, Toyota, etc.) She's had it about six months now with no problems and a lot of driving. Great car.

ALL THIS FROM A HYUNDAI?

by ELATED ELANTRA from Pgh, Pa on Fri Jun 24 2011

Former Honda Accord owner. Got tired of 15-17 MPG. Took 2 months to decide on Elantra. Have had it for 3 months now and never looked back. Purchased the Limited and it is equipped same as Honda. All features are so well thought out. Only took one open highway trip and averaged 37.5 MPG with less than 500 miles on it. Live in hilly Pgh, PA and still avg about 26 MPG. It was perfect out of the box!!

by 40MPG221 from Mason, Ohio on Fri Apr 29 2011

Love this car. Best bang for the buck. I average well over 40 mpg on the highway. its more like 47mpg if u stay right at the 65 mark. i love it the GPS is amazing. Buy this car if you are looking for a good car i promise you will LOVE it.

blows my old toyota away!

by happy lady from bettendorf, IA on Sat Apr 30 2011

very happy with this car. great value for money. looks like toyota/ hondas are loosing in quality while hyundai as well as GM and Ford are on the upswing.

from honda to hyundai and loving it!

by Ecstatic New Owner from Louisiana on Wed May 04 2011

I have driven a honda accord for years and prior to that my family had a honda odyssey. I have officially crossed over to hyundai! you get so much for your money, the interior is comfortable, the steering is tight, its sporty, its spacious and the car is fun to drive. The gear shifting is so smooth. The new hyundai elantra is not only exciting on the outside, but the inside as well. I did love my honda but it was not exciting and there wasn't much sparkle to it!The new elantra is by no mean boring! and you CANT beat the warranties that come standard with a Hyundai. Big bonus point for the navigation and back up cam too!

PERFECT ALL-AROUND COMMUTER

by Hyundai Motors Manufacturing Engineer from Tupelo, MS on Fri Jul 01 2016

I honestly don't know where to start... I have had my black exterior/interior 2011 Hyundai Elantra GLS for 3.5 years now and it currently has 130,000 miles on it (100,000 are mine). These past 3.5 years have been the most stress-free of my life due to easy maintenance of this car. 1) The paint still looks brand new and has shown ZERO signs of clear-coat peel. 2) The engine is STILL EXTREMELY SMOOTH AND LIVELY. I don't know how Hyundai programmed that little transmission, but that thing is very intuitive and very smooth. I can't stress how almost imperceptible the shifts are all of the time. Overall, the engine is plenty adequate unless you have a car full of adult-sized people. 3) The suspension has a few creaks, but nothing you would ever notice unless you were intentionally trying to listen for noises intently. 4) The features have proven very adequate even after all of these years. [Bluetooth, Cruise Control, Traction Control, Stability Control, 4 wheel disc ABS Brakes, Audio Interface Functions, XM Radio, Aux Cord Capability Semi-Automatic Transmission, etc] 5) The interior has also held up extremely well considering I have never lived anywhere where I could park my car in shade. 6) All electrical components are still original. No alternator problems. Battery is still extremely juiced up. And NO EXTERIOR BULBS HAVE HAD TO BE REPLACED. 7) While I was in college, the styling was perfect because I had a cheap car that looked premium, and my friends loved to take my car on road trips. 8) Speaking of road trips, I have literally taken this car everywhere the South has to offer. It's the perfect highway car. Even to this day, I am getting the best gas mileage I ever have [34+ at speeds of 90+mph]. Yes, this car easily cruises between 90-100mph. I literally could go on and on about how much I am still in love my "college" car. Everyday I get ready to leave, it's feels like I am driving it for the first time. I'm not going to get rid of it until it dies which seems like that's pretty far into the future. Make your decision smartly and choose Hyundai. You will not be disappointed.

So glad I bought this car!

by Kellan's Mom from Erie, PA on Fri Jun 10 2011

I needed a new car after my Jetta died. I was't sure what to get and was very torn about making a choice. I had nothing but problems with my Jetta and did not want another headache. My dad told me to check out the Elantra's due to all the standard safety features and the fantastic warranty. I went to look at the Elantra and loved it. The new body style and the features you get for the money are great! I love my Elantra and I am very happy with my choice.

Absolutely Worth it!

by Mike D from Brooklyn NY on Fri Jan 27 2012

I purchased this car in March of 2011 and have been very pleased with it. I traded in a 2009 Elantra GLS and have to say this car a far superior in most ways. The only things that I miss about my old car is the lighted glovebox (Came in very handy) and the extra storage compartments in the 09. but for the improvement I can't say much. I will say this the car does live up to the MPG claims and I live in NYC and deal with real bad traffic quite frequently and ran many tests because I saw many complaints. My results are as follows: 62 MPH w/o Cruise and sometimes slowing and accelerating I get an average of 42-44 MPG. With more of a steady speed I have averaged 47 through 52 MPG which is terrific! City driving seems to average only around 24-25 MPG but the reason for this is I determined my average MPH in City Driving is only 16 MPH when I am able to average over 22MPH and Up it definitely is in, up and around the 30 MPG mark and yes I also calculated this via fill up and calculator and found my display very accurate +/- .5MPG. Plus I compared the effeciency to the other cars I have driven frequently which are: 09 Elantra, 05 Elantra and 03 Cavalier. The features on this car are incredible I have the limited with Nav pkg and have been thrilled with all the extras this car has. Great bang for the buck without a doubt! I looked at all the other competitors and have to say the Elantra IMO won hands down. The car did have a little bit of a backhop because of the weight of the vehicle and rear suspension type when going over ramps a little fast but once I added a Spare Tire (Doughnut) and jack kit that immediately went away and really improved the ride quality. Performance overall has been very impressive for the class and have to say I intend to keep this car for years to come. The only issues I have had with this car are as follows: - This car needs an adjustable lumbar support my lower back starts to hurt after an hours of driving. (I am 6'3") - Once my shifter got stuck in drive and when I did the override got stuck in park I played with the brake light switch connectors above the brake pedal and it immediately worked again with no further problems (Probably partially loose. ) - Yes the car is quiet but can be noisy on certain types of road conditions but that looks to be due to the low profile tires.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Our Take on the 2011 Hyundai Elantra

Editor's note: Estimated mileage ratings have been lowered to reflect a November 2012 EPA audit of this car's stated mileage.

One of the likely consequences of the federal government's push for more stringent fuel economy standards is that more people will be driving smaller cars in the future. Not too long ago, with the exception of a few distinguished compact cars, that didn't look like a very appealing reality.

That's changed with the debut of efficient models like the Chevrolet Cruze, the upcoming 2012 Ford Focus and now the redesigned Hyundai Elantra. The Elantra has all the makings of a sales success: stop-and-stare styling, a fuel-sipping four-cylinder engine and an optimal blend of ride comfort... Read More