2013 Equus

2013 Hyundai Equus

2013 Hyundai Equus

Have you driven the 2013 Hyundai Equus?

Best value for luxury car

by TIMOFNC from Leicester, NC on Mon Apr 20 2015

I've only owned the 2013 Equus for 2 weeks, but have already driven 1,000 miles. Having owned a Lexus LS previously, it appears that Hyundai has targeted the LS as its competition. After extensive research, I was lucky enough to find a gently used Equus in my price range, and I believe it surpasses the LS in every way. The stereo is incredible, no other way to describe it. The comfort level, noise level, and ride quality are better than any car I've experienced. There are only 2 negatives about the car; it doesn't have blind spot monitoring, and the gas mileage should be improved. The low sales numbers guarantee exclusivity, and people are always amazed that it is a Hyundai. Overall, the car is everything I expected it to be. I bought the car sight unseen, and without previous test drive. The reviews and material available are accurate, and the car itself is extraordinary.

Excellent Choice

by Car dude from Bradenton, Florida on Thu Dec 18 2014

I have had my 2013 Equus for over one year. I bought it after owning a 2012 Genesis which I thought was a great car. The Equus rides well, handles nicely, is quiet, and is very comfortable. The features are generous, and equal to or surpass the other more expensive vehicles. This is a car for the value oriented guy who wants luxury but refuses to pay for a nameplate. Strangers ask about it. That's impressive. This horse will take where you want to go.

acceleration problems

by ralph from Kirkland , WA on Mon Nov 25 2013

I love my car except that it pauses when you want to accelerate from stop signs, merging into traffic and sometimes when I just want to pass someone. I'm afraid that I'll get into an accident because of this. When I told the service manager about it he said that's there's no fix and as soon as they had one he'd be the first in line to get his fixed

Does not recommend this car!!

2012 Equess

by Pawsy from Lafayette, La. on Thu Feb 27 2014

Drove Lincoln Town Cars for the last 20 years. This Equess is the best car I've ever owned. Can't say enough good things about it. Very comfortable.

HYUNDAI EQUUS 2013

by EQUUS ONE from KING GEORGE VA on Wed Apr 10 2013

January 2, 2013 I purchased my 2013 Hyundai Equus. I really enjoy the comfort it offers, especially the driver's massage seat. The easy entry is also a great feature that I love about the Equus. The front camera has come in handy in many occasions. Now with 4500 miles on it, the only complaint I have is that the DVD system is not separated from the radio system. If a passenger is watching a DVD in the back while the car is moving everyone in the car must listen to the DVD being played. Overall, I rank the Hyunda Equus above all its competitors for the price. Of course, you can pay more but you will not get more bang for your buck, than the Equus.

Terrific Luxury Car

by Equus Fan from Charlotte, NC on Wed Sep 04 2013

I first interested in the Hyundai Genesis, but after seeing the Equus, I changed my mind. It was the best thing that I could've done. The Equus far surpasses the Genesis, though the Genesis is a nice vehicle. The options, style, design, ride, stereo, the list goes on, are by far the best in luxury. Rides like a dream! I get compliments all the day and inquiries about the Equus. The general question is " what kind of car is that"?

Nice Ride

by John from New York,NY on Wed Aug 08 2012

Drives well, luxurious, etc. Buy one if you can. Well, worth it. Hyundai is making an excellent entry into this class. I hope others will follow this company's lead

Nicest car we've ever owned

by Family Vehicle - Lots of room from Dale, IN on Mon Oct 07 2013

We love this vehicle, it's very comfortable and has awesome features on it. It' the best vehicle we've ever bought.

Korean Limousine

by JimF from Winter Park, FL on Fri Jun 15 2018

Big, honking, heavy (4,650#) V-8, 5 liter, 300 ci, 429 hp, powerful, great ride. 25 mpg @ 80 on highway. BIG trunk, Huge rear seat (limousine). Black, tan - Impressive on street.

I Love it!

by Mom from Wappingers Falls, NY on Sun Oct 13 2013

I love my new Santa Fe! It's roomy, sporty and has all the new technology! I love the heated seats and hands free telephone! Can't wait to take it on vacation!

1 2 3

Our Take on the 2013 Hyundai Equus

Editor's note: This review was written in August 2012 about the 2012 Hyundai Equus. Little of substance has changed with this year's model. To see what's new for 2013, click here, or check out a side-by-side comparison of the two model years.

The Equus is a strange animal in that it sounds great on paper, performs well on real-world roads, yet still doesn't live up to its promise.

Have you ever wanted to pilot a luxury limousine designed for intercontinental tastes and sporting 429 horsepower under the hood, plus every luxury feature you could ask for, at a price tag of under $60,000? Perhaps it comes as a surprise that there is such a thing … and it's made by Korean automaker Hyundai.

I recently... Read More