Read or write a review.

4.4
Average based on 15 reviews

PROBLEMS WITH MY EQUUS

by from Boynton Beach, Florida on May 9, 2014

I owned a 2013 and had all types of electrical problems so I got a 2014, now I have a terrible wind noise coming from the passenger front window. After complaining for a couple of months an Equus engineer looked at it at the dealership and said the noise was because of the hood ornament (I had the winged figure installed on this too) and that the factory does nt recommend it's use. Funny had it on my 2013 with no problem, I have been in two other 2014s with the hood ornament and they have no noise.. go figure, finally if Hyundai doesn't recommend the ornament, why would they have it in the owner's manual? I hope they can fix before I go to "Lemon Law"

2012 Equess

by from Lafayette, La. on February 27, 2014

Drove Lincoln Town Cars for the last 20 years. This Equess is the best car I've ever owned. Can't say enough good things about it. Very comfortable.

Nice Ride

by from New York,NY on August 8, 2012

Drives well, luxurious, etc. Buy one if you can. Well, worth it. Hyundai is making an excellent entry into this class. I hope others will follow this company's lead

Terrific Luxury Car

by from Charlotte, NC on September 4, 2013

I first interested in the Hyundai Genesis, but after seeing the Equus, I changed my mind. It was the best thing that I could've done. The Equus far surpasses the Genesis, though the Genesis is a nice vehicle. The options, style, design, ride, stereo, the list goes on, are by far the best in luxury. Rides like a dream! I get compliments all the day and inquiries about the Equus. The general question is " what kind of car is that"?

Nicest car we've ever owned

by from Dale, IN on October 7, 2013

We love this vehicle, it's very comfortable and has awesome features on it. It' the best vehicle we've ever bought.

acceleration problems

by from Kirkland , WA on November 25, 2013

I love my car except that it pauses when you want to accelerate from stop signs, merging into traffic and sometimes when I just want to pass someone. I'm afraid that I'll get into an accident because of this. When I told the service manager about it he said that's there's no fix and as soon as they had one he'd be the first in line to get his fixed

Best value for luxury car

by from Leicester, NC on April 20, 2015

I've only owned the 2013 Equus for 2 weeks, but have already driven 1,000 miles. Having owned a Lexus LS previously, it appears that Hyundai has targeted the LS as its competition. After extensive research, I was lucky enough to find a gently used Equus in my price range, and I believe it surpasses the LS in every way. The stereo is incredible, no other way to describe it. The comfort level, noise level, and ride quality are better than any car I've experienced. There are only 2 negatives about the car; it doesn't have blind spot monitoring, and the gas mileage should be improved. The low sales numbers guarantee exclusivity, and people are always amazed that it is a Hyundai. Overall, the car is everything I expected it to be. I bought the car sight unseen, and without previous test drive. The reviews and material available are accurate, and the car itself is extraordinary.

HYUNDAI EQUUS 2013

by from KING GEORGE VA on April 10, 2013

January 2, 2013 I purchased my 2013 Hyundai Equus. I really enjoy the comfort it offers, especially the driver's massage seat. The easy entry is also a great feature that I love about the Equus. The front camera has come in handy in many occasions. Now with 4500 miles on it, the only complaint I have is that the DVD system is not separated from the radio system. If a passenger is watching a DVD in the back while the car is moving everyone in the car must listen to the DVD being played. Overall, I rank the Hyunda Equus above all its competitors for the price. Of course, you can pay more but you will not get more bang for your buck, than the Equus.

Excellent Choice

by from Bradenton, Florida on December 18, 2014

I have had my 2013 Equus for over one year. I bought it after owning a 2012 Genesis which I thought was a great car. The Equus rides well, handles nicely, is quiet, and is very comfortable. The features are generous, and equal to or surpass the other more expensive vehicles. This is a car for the value oriented guy who wants luxury but refuses to pay for a nameplate. Strangers ask about it. That's impressive. This horse will take where you want to go.

I Love it!

by from Wappingers Falls, NY on October 13, 2013

I love my new Santa Fe! It's roomy, sporty and has all the new technology! I love the heated seats and hands free telephone! Can't wait to take it on vacation!

Our Expert Review: 2013 Hyundai Equus