NEW
Take our quiz & meet the car you’ll love.
2014 Equus

2014 Hyundai Equus

2014 Hyundai Equus

Have You Driven the 2014 Hyundai Equus?

used equus

by jimbers from denver, NC. on Fri Nov 04 2016

This car depreciates very rapidly the first couple of years. I bought one two years and two months old for half the sticker price. 35k which is less than a new Chevy. I got the Ultimate that has very gadget you can imagine and they all work well. My only complaint is no touch screen but once you get used to it , it works just fine. This thing really moves. Will slam you into the seat but is as quiet as a mouse. Comfort is what I wanted and I really got it. It just floats along at 70 mph with no wind noise at all. Fantastic attention to detail in the design. So far I am really please with my purchase.

Best Bang for the Buck

by KlassicKruiser from NJ on Sat Mar 08 2014

I bought the 2014 Equus Signature, black with tan interior, just a great car. I shopped the Mercedes S550, BMW 750 and the Lexus 460 before making my decision on this purchase. Realistically there is no comparison, this car rocks the competition. The interior of the Equus is awesome, the seats are exceptionally comfortable, the controls are nicely positioned and the stereo is tremendous. The interior amenities are as they should be in a car of this class. The fit and finish is comparable to the cars costing $40K more. The performance is similar to both the S550 and the BMW 750 in acceleration, the ride is more closely related to the S550. I would highly recommend to anyone looking for a car such as the S550, BMW 750 or LS460 to test drive the Equus. You will be impressed.

2014 Equus

by GolferTom from Green Cove Springs, Fl. on Wed Nov 13 2013

I did more research on this vehicle than any we have ever purchased. Our two most recent primary vehicles, BMW 750 LI'S, were great cars but I believe this vehicle could be better. It has all you could want or need. It has looks, performance, bells and whistles, comfort and the best warranty in the world. We recently took our first trip of consequence and could not have been more pleased. I consider myself a car guy and, when I consider what a new BMW 750 would cost with the same equipment, almost feel like I cheated the manufacturer. We are very comfortable with our decision to drive an Equus.

best luxury value

by car nut from delray beach florida on Mon Apr 07 2014

handsome,buttery ride,fast, straight line stable,handles corners well for it's size. very quiet, elegant interior. S class has slight edge in cabin quality but costs 100+ Equus warranty superior to all the big guys ! It's looks are distinctive ,and large Mercs and Bimmers are a dime a dozen. has enough tech stuff to still put the driver in charge. cachet of the germans will come in time. Only thing Hyundai needs to do is give Equus owners more TLC and attention at their dealerships . I do Love this car! !

Very Nice

by DoctorLarry from on Sat Feb 11 2017

I got a 2014 with 19K miles and it is all it should be. Nice to save 20k+ over the competition. We also had a 2011 Sonata when we bought the Equus - which certainly was the best car we have had in that class (we have had Maximas, Camrys, etc., before). There is a reason Hyundai offers 10-yr/100K mi warranties. Anyone that says the car is not nice has likely never even sat in one. BTW - all luxury cars depreciate faster than other consumer models, regardless of brand. This one does not depreciate faster than the competition.

Best Car I Have Ever Owned

by older buyer from Florida on Sun May 08 2016

For 40 years I drove my car for business and traded my car every 2-3 years,so I have owned many many brands of cars. This has the very best warranty, best ride and most reasonable for the price.

20k llower than name brand

by jaime from Los Angeles, CA on Sun Mar 23 2014

I recently bought a Hyundai Equus 2014. I have compared it with BMW, Lexus, Cathilac, Benz. I can simply say Equus is better than any other name brand cars and cheaper than them by 20K at least. The brand name costs you 20K. It may be your decision to pay 20K for the brand only.

Can't beat the price!

by New Luxury Car Buyer from Dallas, TX on Mon Dec 23 2013

I bought the 2014 Equus Ultimate and after comparing it to the competitors there really was no competition. My budget was 70K and for that money I would have to settle for a smaller luxury car with less options from BMW, Audi, etc. I actually had to test drive all the cars twice because I was amazed at the difference in ride quality. My wife had to pinch me. I was able to get a car from Hyundai that felt like a Audi A8 or Lexus LS for 30K less:) I couldn't be more pleased with my purchase.

NO REGRETS

by big tex from fort worth, texas on Sun Feb 07 2016

no complaints on my end I say you would be kinda crazy to spend an extra 20k when you can get luxury a lot cheaper

The Equus is a lot of car for the money. .

by loves nice automobile s from Indianapolis Indiana on Sat Jan 18 2014

I recently purchased a new 2014 Equus from hyundai dealership in indy . Haven't taken delivery yet the car they received from Cincinnati was mistreated by the owner of the dealership . The car had 580 miles scratches all over and ewe were not in formed about all this when I went to pick up the car it was dark and did not see the scratches and the miles ,, the next morning I took the car back. Now they located one for me in Chicago with 28. Miles ..that will be transported to indy. But they put me in a new Equus till my new one arrive s .In the snow awesome car very control able .Nice car so far..A lot of nice amenities you expect in high$ cars..Great value for the amount you spend. And the style is off the chart very sharp .

1 2 3 4

Our Take on the 2014 Hyundai Equus

Updated for 2014, the Hyundai Equus gives luxury flagships a run for their money — and at a handsome discount — but its brand remains a mammoth obstacle to its consumer appeal.

Hyundai officials point to the enormous cost of launching a separate premium brand as a reason for not doing it, but it’s still a move the automaker could make at some point. If it were to happen today, it would have just two cars: the Equus and the smaller Genesis, both rear-drive luxury sedans. Hyundai keeping them under its own umbrella is a decision with a big downside for the Equus, whose near-$70,000 Ultimate edition — the car we tested — is nearly double the price of a base Genesis. Few buyers have taken the... Read More