2014 Hyundai Equus Consumer Reviews

4.4
Average based on 19 reviews

Best Bang for the Buck

by from NJ on March 8, 2014

I bought the 2014 Equus Signature, black with tan interior, just a great car. I shopped the Mercedes S550, BMW 750 and the Lexus 460 before making my decision on this purchase. Realistically there is no comparison, this car rocks the competition. The interior of the Equus is awesome, the seats are exceptionally comfortable, the controls are nicely positioned and the stereo is tremendous. The interior amenities are as they should be in a car of this class. The fit and finish is comparable to the cars costing $40K more. The performance is similar to both the S550 and the BMW 750 in acceleration, the ride is more closely related to the S550. I would highly recommend to anyone looking for a car such as the S550, BMW 750 or LS460 to test drive the Equus. You will be impressed.

Affordable and stylish luxury.

by from Lakewood, WA on February 13, 2014

Excellent automobile. Affordable, reliable and stylish luxury. I purchased the Ultimate and have been amazed with how much technology has gone in to this automobile. The quality is top notch.

best luxury value

by from delray beach florida on April 7, 2014

handsome,buttery ride,fast, straight line stable,handles corners well for it's size. very quiet, elegant interior. S class has slight edge in cabin quality but costs 100+ Equus warranty superior to all the big guys ! It's looks are distinctive ,and large Mercs and Bimmers are a dime a dozen. has enough tech stuff to still put the driver in charge. cachet of the germans will come in time. Only thing Hyundai needs to do is give Equus owners more TLC and attention at their dealerships . I do Love this car! !

2ND EQUUS

by from charlotte,nc on December 3, 2013

I had a 2011 equus lovely vehicle but couldn't resist getting the 2014 lovely lovely lovely is all ima say um the interior is awesome, plenty of new gadgets needless to say you get so much bang for your buck no its not as exquisite as the benz 550 but youre paying 100k either...love everything about it!!

2014 Equus

by from Green Cove Springs, Fl. on November 13, 2013

I did more research on this vehicle than any we have ever purchased. Our two most recent primary vehicles, BMW 750 LI'S, were great cars but I believe this vehicle could be better. It has all you could want or need. It has looks, performance, bells and whistles, comfort and the best warranty in the world. We recently took our first trip of consequence and could not have been more pleased. I consider myself a car guy and, when I consider what a new BMW 750 would cost with the same equipment, almost feel like I cheated the manufacturer. We are very comfortable with our decision to drive an Equus.

Best combination of value and luxury

by from Sedona, Az on September 1, 2013

If you can do without the status labels, it is very hard to beat the Equus for value and luxury. Extremely well equipped (no options), comfortable, quiet, rides and handles well, nice looking design, without being ostentatious. Beautiful interior. The 2014 is my second Equus, having liked the first one, 2011, so much. Service by dealers is absolutely wonderful. You, and the car, are treated as something special: nice free loaner, or pick up and delivery by dealer. A beautiful car for a great price. Can't justify spending substantially more for a status label on a car which does not perform or ride significantly better, or provide more features standard.

used equus

by from denver, NC. on November 4, 2016

This car depreciates very rapidly the first couple of years. I bought one two years and two months old for half the sticker price. 35k which is less than a new Chevy. I got the Ultimate that has very gadget you can imagine and they all work well. My only complaint is no touch screen but once you get used to it , it works just fine. This thing really moves. Will slam you into the seat but is as quiet as a mouse. Comfort is what I wanted and I really got it. It just floats along at 70 mph with no wind noise at all. Fantastic attention to detail in the design. So far I am really please with my purchase.

20k llower than name brand

by from Los Angeles, CA on March 23, 2014

I recently bought a Hyundai Equus 2014. I have compared it with BMW, Lexus, Cathilac, Benz. I can simply say Equus is better than any other name brand cars and cheaper than them by 20K at least. The brand name costs you 20K. It may be your decision to pay 20K for the brand only.

Best Car I Have Ever Owned

by from Florida on May 8, 2016

For 40 years I drove my car for business and traded my car every 2-3 years,so I have owned many many brands of cars. This has the very best warranty, best ride and most reasonable for the price.

NO REGRETS

by from fort worth, texas on February 7, 2016

no complaints on my end I say you would be kinda crazy to spend an extra 20k when you can get luxury a lot cheaper