2011 Genesis

2011 Hyundai Genesis

2011 Hyundai Genesis

Have You Driven the 2011 Hyundai Genesis?

A Very Good Decision

by Convinced Sceptic from Dallas, TX on Tue Dec 28 2010

Characterize me as a value driven buyer. Prestige badges hold little sway for me if price and performance is not a hallmark of the brand. That's why a WSJ article, dated AUGUST 8, 2008, entitled "Hyundai's Luxury Gambit" by By JEFF SABATINI caught my eye. Quoting: "This new luxury sedan is so good at emulating its competition that if the badges were removed it could be mistaken for a Lexus GS460. I'm not saying this just because Hyundai has taken Lexus's generic and inoffensive styling to a new level. This car has every $50,000 luxury car meme, from a V8 engine that powers the rear wheels, to soft leather on the dashboard and door panels, to an excellent navigation and multimedia system. Throw in a push button starter and the package is complete." Add to that the fact that the newly designed Tau 4.6L DOHC V-8 scores a first-time Ward's 10 Best Engines appearance for the South Korean auto maker with an impressive mix of power, efficiency and affordability and you have a car worth really considering. I traded a Mercedes ML-430 for the V-8 Genesis and have been very pleased over the last 7 months. Fit, finish, design, material and component quality are on par with both German and Japanese products. What's happening here is the 4th largest automaker in the world is buying market share. Pricing is a bargain. And with the best warranty in the industry, I feel confidence in the brand. What I sacrifice is demonstrating to others that I don't care about value and am willing to overpay for a product that sports a well known, premium badge. That's just not me. Try driving one. You might change your perspective. Especially in this recent changed economic environment.

Beautiful, great ride-and best value!

by Loving this Genesis from Washington DC on Mon Dec 20 2010

I've owned this car now for over a week, and I am loving it. The 2011 took care of a lot of issues that I read about in the forums prior to buying it, regarding the suspension, and a few other things. The car drives really well, it is very smooth, responsive, and the cabin space is amazing. I have two teenagers who sat on the backseat and were in total awe. Still getting use to the bells and whistles...there is so much included automatically in the 4.6, the integration of all the components is outstanding. The sound is beautiful, without being overpowering. The telephone integration is fantastic...my wife cannot tell whem I'm calling from the car or the phone. The quality of the interior is akin to the companies it is set to compete against...very nice job by Hyundai. The soft leather makes the ride super comfortable, and I drive in DC traffic, so I get to sit in my car for long periods of time! Gets a lot of attention on the road and is the perfect size. Hyundai is using the same drivetrain, engine, and transmission on the Equus as in the Genesis.This car is Hyundai's way to tap into the luxury market, prior to introducing the Equus, which lets us (as consumers) benefit from this vehicle being offered at such an amazing price.

Great car for any dollar point

by LUVthis from Charlotte,NC on Mon Feb 07 2011

Love this car. The outside is very good looking. The paint is great, better than many other cars out there, even cars at a higher price. The interior is great with high quality materials and thought full touches. The only negative I have is the bluetooth. It is not very good. I have an iphone and when it synchs it does not go back to my radio it simply stays in the Bluetooth mode and i have to hit the mode button to get back to the original setting.

This is the car you've been waiting for

by Orphan 5 from Baltimore, MD on Sat Mar 26 2011

For the money, you can't find a better "luxury" car. Regardless of the money, you cannot beat the warranty that Hyundai offers. The car handles like a dream and if you are not careful, you'll find yourself going 80MPH on the highway. All of the amenities on the Tech Package rival those of the Mercedes 500 series or BMW 600 series. You will find that these are not the Hyundai cars of 15 to 25 years ago. This is a car that will turn heads and make you feel like a real jet setter yourself.

Excellent

by Genesis buyer from Kentucky on Mon Mar 19 2012

I now understand why JD Powers rated the Genesis the most reliable mid-level Luxury Sedan. Styling, comfort, features, it's perfect. I don't miss the Infiniti M-45 I traded in for it.

Classy car with power, gagets, and good looks

by Lover of Genesis from Nashville, TN on Thu Nov 08 2012

I liked the car from a far and driving in the front seat it got even better. It has power to burn, comfort for days, and when I drive it I get stares like its the prettiest girl on the street. It's stylish with all the leather and wood for luxury. I bought in NC and I got great gas mileage all the way back to TN. I feel rich behind the wheel but it didn't take all my money to get there.

Great Car for the $

by Mkattes from Fort Riley, KS on Sat Aug 25 2012

I love my Genesis alot very roomy inside and very comfortable. If you don't want to spend alot of money on a Mercedes or BMW. I get of lot of people breaking their necks and questions about what kind of car it is. Handles very well, ride is smooth, and and the power is their. The gas mileage is good for I get any where from 25 to 28 mpg @ 75mph. If your looking for a car the Genesis is worth a look.

Better than ?

by Big G from Long Beach, CA on Mon Jun 06 2011

You name it. I have driven MB for over 25 years and this car has it all plus a price tag that doesn't call to mortgage the home. It rides smoothly, quietyly and relatively good mileage (26-27 mpg) on regular gas. The headroom is adequate for tall people as well as enough leg room front and back for the large people who ride with you.

great car

by car mania from california on Fri May 13 2011

for the price, there's no better car. i've driven and/or owned dozens of vehicles for the past 3 decades and simply this is one of the best cars ever. my highest recommendation!!

My recent 2011 purchase

by Reluctant Hyundai Owner from on Mon Sep 10 2012

I've only owned the Genesis for 2 months now, but have been pleased to-date. I did a great deal of research beforehand, and everything I read/heard has been accurate. The car has solid acceleration and braking. The ride is smooth and quiet. The electronics/audio system have met and exceeded my expectations to-date. 1 small mechanical glitch, and it could have been caused by the fuel. I'm still undecided on the blame, but the car has performed admirably otherwise.

1 2 3 4 5