2012 Hyundai Genesis consumer reviews

Explore the 2012 Hyundai Genesis
Shop the 2012 Hyundai Genesis
2.9

Never Buy a Hyundai

Hyundai America does not back their products and I do not recommend that anyone buy a Hyundai-ever. Let the buyer beware. I have a Genes--Hyundai's top of the line vehicle. I've had transmission problems prior to the 100K warranty and Hyundai America and the dealership where I previously lived pushed off my problem until after my 100K warranty expired. Now that I am just over the warranty mileage, Parkway properly diagnosed my problem and said that I need a new transmission at $6400. AMAZING! Parkway pleaded my case to Hyundai America twice, but the mother ship refused to help me. On top of this, Hyundai even acknowledges that they have transmission problems with their Technical Service Bulletin 12-AT-011. So it just stands to reason, if this is how Hyundai treats their Genesis customers, what will they do to their Sonata, Elantra, and other customers who didn't buy their premier car? There are too many other good choices out there--Toyota, Nissan, Honda . . . please look past any little "extras" Hyundai may offer for the same money. It's a hollow product with no backing from Hyundai America. Spend your hard-earned dollars elsewhere.

Strong Car

I love 4 way heated seats! Drivers seat A/C . Smooth ride. Exterior paint quality very poor. Automatic rain sensing wipers the bomb. Folding mirrors yes.

Great value

Hyundai made a statement with the Genesis Sedans. I describe driving my 5 series (BMW) as a treat while driving the Genesis as a pleasure! Hyundai struck a perfect balance with the (Euro) suspension in regards to handling characteristics which is very Mercedes in feel and ALL without the anxiety of taking out a loan for simple repairs.

Nicest vehicle I’ve ever owned. Feel like a milli!

Car exceeded expectations for personal luxury. By far and away the nicest vehicle I have ever owned. Feel like a million bucks sitting behind the wheel!!!

3.3

Decent car

Car is for 16 year old son and seems to drive fine. Dealer was terrible and would never recommend them. They truly should be shut down

Great styling, good performance, very reliable

This has been an excellent car. It handles the road really well, is fun to drive, and is very comfortable and user friendly. Great value with tons of amenities for a very affordable price.

Best car I've ever owned and would buy one again.

This car is very comfortable, gets excellent gas mileage for a vehicle with this much power. Easily accelerate in any situation. Very roomy with plenty of leg room front and rear. The sound system with 17 speakers is fantastic.

2.7

Lemon / Money Pit

Bought used 2012 Genesis 3.8L with 38K miles. Fortunately bought 3rd party extended warranty. $15K+ of repairs in 2.5 years/40K more miles....tranny ($5.8K), nav system ($5.8K), brake module/HECU ($2.8K), door actuator ($800), fuel system charcol canister. Dealer is now saying replaced tranny is leaking, has 20K miles on the tranny (warranty on replaced tranny was 12 months).

Lowest cost of ownership. Great value

Must see! Low miles! 429 HP rspec. Well maintained! Awsome sound system 17 speaker Lexicon DVD sound system. You have to see and hear it.

4.4

Never had a problem with it in 3 years

I loved the styling and performance for such a big car. A much better car than I had wanted when I purchased it. Very quiet and super comfortable ride.