2012 Genesis Coupe

2012 Hyundai Genesis Coupe

2012 Hyundai Genesis Coupe

Have You Driven the 2012 Hyundai Genesis Coupe?

2012 Genesis Coupe 3.8 GT

by Prowd Hyundai Owner from Potomac, MD on Tue Nov 08 2011

First off let it been known that I would rather have the newest Infiniti G37 coupe but I `settled? for the 2012 Hyundai Genesis Coupe. That being said, if you are going to settle this is a truly great way to go! For the trim level that I purchased, Grand Touring with the excellent 3.8 liter V6, you get over 300 HP while attaining a respectable 27 mpg on the highway. In real world driving over a three month period, I am averaging about 25 mpg in mostly highway miles. Not to mention the piece of mind that 10 year warranty provides. Pros: Good power without sacrificing fuel efficiency, excellent warranty, killer looks and styling, great value for money. Cons: Could be called the poor man?s G37, cheap interior feel and quality, ride borders on rough even for a `sports car?. Overall, I would strongly recommend the Genesis Coupe to anyone looking for a great sporty car at a reasonable price. Keep an eye out for the refreshed model in early 2012?

Last of the Good Looking G-Coupes

by Lead Foot Geezer from Stockton, CA on Sun Aug 03 2014

I found my beautiful, red 2012 2.0T Premium Coupe with auto trans on a Ford dealer's lot - it had been there eight months and I'll never understand why. This little coupe is like new and had less than 12,000 miles. I'm very pleased that the front end doesn't look like a large mouth bass ran into a guard rail! I think the grill of the 2012s are much better looking than the later models. I've been driving it for about nine months and love it even more now than when I bought it.. Back in the 60s I had an Austin Healey 3000 roadster, and after one 800 mile round trip to LA from the Bay Area, I sold it because it nearly beat me to death. Back then I had a 23 year old butt. I drove my little Genesis coupe to LA awhile back for a chrome wheel exchange, and drove the 800+ mile round trip in one day. My 70 year old butt didn't hurt a bit. This little hot rod is very comfortable. I drive only for pleasure as I am retired, but when I drive it I always have a grand time. It has plenty of power. It handles better than any car I've owned as I really enjoy the flat cornering and stiff suspension. I find the Blue Tooth and the navigation packages to work just fine. I've used both many times. The radio reception is poor. I have XM which works fine, but the AM just isn't right. Perhaps it's simply the antenna. Mine is re-badged with the Genesis badges all 'round, even the steering wheel badge. Sometimes when asked what I'm driving, I'll say a Bentley. The Genesis badges are similar to the Bentley and people accept what I say 'til I confess it's a Hyundai. My little red coupe is a real head turner and a lot of fun to drive.

Exotic Car For The Average Person

by Bernie from West Milford, NJ on Mon Feb 19 2018

Before I bought this car, It was not the kind of car I thought I could afford. A true rear wheel drive sports car with many luxury features usually found only in higher end exotics. Quite fun to drive and a head turner also!

Great for the money

by Tide Fan from Huntersville, NC on Mon Apr 09 2012

My 2012 Genesis Coup Touring model is a great value for the money. Gas mileage as advertised. So fun to drive and sporty. Can't be beat for the money.

Well balanced

by Max from New Orleans, LA on Thu Apr 17 2014

This seems to be a well designed & built car. Almost enough power, better than average braking. Crisp steering, little too harsh ride around town. Roomy front cabin. Below average gas mileage. Everyone compliments the styling. Nice for the price.

1st V6

by emailtyrone from VA on Sat Mar 17 2012

it's a head turner. i had no intention of even purchasing a vehicle when i stopped by the hyundai dealership and no i find myself totally mesmerized by the fact that i own such fine piece of machinery. "surreal" would be the word that comes to mind. i have never really been into cars, but i am liking this one and look forward to driving to the point that i almost find excuses to to go places just so i drive it. i highly recommend it for anyone that enjoys driving and likes sharp cars.

Bought another one

by Mathman from Sarasota, FL on Mon Apr 09 2012

I owned the second 2010 genesis coupe bought in the USA. It was a 3.8 Grand Touring. I loved it! Traded up to a 2012 3.8 Track 6 months ago and its even better!

Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track 6 speed manual trans

by Jonathan from Campobello,SC on Mon Dec 19 2011

Great overall value for dollar.Corners and handles like a go-cart.Great fun.Expect to loose some ride quality with the track package.Ergonomics are not quite perfect for me.I've grown to love the electronic display with phone,audio,climate,& navigation.Very happy with the car.

Best Car ever!

by Genesis Coupe lover from Tucson, Az on Sun Apr 13 2014

Love this car, the way it handles, and it's upscale interior! This is probably one of the best vehicles I have driven in this price range. For the money, it doesn't get much better than this!

An altogether great sports car

by RWD is a must from San Francisco, CA on Mon May 14 2012

This is very much a driver's car. I enjoy the experience of driving the Genesis Coupe. I look forward to driving this car every morning to and from work because it's just a pleasure to drive. Its turbo-charged four cylinder has a low throaty growl that is not too loud. Acceleration is very fast but the traction control works well. Whenever the back starts to slip the car automatically adjusts the brakes and engine power output to prevent an accident. Both the sound and the exterior design language turn heads. I wasn't expecting to buy a head turner. In fact I removed all of the badges from the back and replaced the Hyundai logo with a blank filler. But the most common reaction I get to my car is "That's a really beautiful car. It's a Hyundai? No way!" It's funny, every time I drive down I-880 I get to count how many riced out Civics whip around me to get in front. This car really gets them going. I got the 2.0T Premium. The infotainment system is really nice and I will probably never replace it. The Bluetooth pairing with my phone is easy to set up and works really well. I can play music on my Android phone and have the sound come out over the Infinity six-speaker audio system without having to use a aux cable. One thing to note about this car is: Don't get the navigation unless the dealer throws it in for free. It's really, really bad. I tried to use it six times after I took the car off the lot and it never got me to my destination. I will stick to using Google Navigation or my Tomtom.

1 2