2013 Santa Fe

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe

Have You Driven the 2013 Hyundai Santa Fe?

First time Hyundai owner

by AudiEnthusiast from Montrose, CO on Tue Mar 26 2013

Rented it as rental vehicle on vacation- really loved the way the vehicle handled and the amount of cargo room for a CUV! we onlt had the 2.4 (no turbo) and instantly knew we needed more power but got 28 mpg (not sure if thats usual) Got back from vacation and decided that the 2013 Hyundai Santa Fe was the right vehicle for us. Went for the 2.0t and have enjoyed every minute with it! Havent had one issue yet

Most Stylish Car I've ever had

by Style and Profil Sports SUVs from Houston, Td on Mon Mar 18 2013

I Love my SUV, I only wish that the options would be individual instead of packets. I do have one problem. Why do I hear air coming through my front window when they are closed.

Lots of Technology and value!

by Car Guy from Fairport, NY on Thu Jul 11 2013

Largest size for this class of SUV. VERY quiet compared to the Honda CRV. BETTER VALUE than the Ford Escape. Better handleing than new Toyota RAV 4. Overall = Largest, quietest and best VALUE in small sized SUV.

GRANDMAS FAVORITE CAR

by mulberrygal from lakeland,fl on Wed Mar 20 2013

I tradedan Eclipse for a new Santa Fe. Reason was a hip problem getting in and out of the low laying sports car. I am in love. The Santa Fe is comfy, stylish, peppy, and filled with perks. I dont have to struggle to get in or out. I can make a very elegant entrance. And the gas mileage is fantastic. Thank you Hyundai!

Santa Fe All the Way

by Mustang Man from Atlanta, Ga on Fri Sep 20 2013

*I wrote one of these a couple reviews back. I just wanted to do an update* We took our 2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited fwd with the Technology Package from Wisconsin to Georgia. We are moving there and went down and back two times since we bought it not even three weeks ago. We had 3 adults and 2 teens with. My tall son sat comfortably in the third row. He said there was more leg room than in a minivan's third row! We had to pack light of coarse, but took eveything we needed. Here comes the best part; we got 32.3 mpg on the highway!! No modifications or anything! We were going 70 mph with eco mode turned on. We highly recommend the new Santa Fe! We get so many turned heads driving down the road, it's such an awesome looking crossover. The only regret we have is not buying one sooner!

Love My Sport

by sad from Middletown, DE on Fri Nov 22 2013

I had a Santa Fe 2009 GLS and now I bought the Sport 2.0 Turbo. I love this car. I love the look, the interior, the stylish exterior and mostly the color (red). My only complaint is that sometimes and I don't really know why, it sounds like a train going over my car. I have the crossbars and not sure if it has to do with the wind hitting it at times but other than that I love it. I checked out the Jeep Wrangler which was too rich for my blood and the Ford Escape was too small. I did not like the looks of the new Ford Explorer. This met all of my needs.

50k miles and I'm looking to switch

by CJ on Mon Dec 18 2017

I've owned the last three Santa Fe body styles and from a performance standpoint the current model is the worst one yet. Its the 2wd sport with the 2.4l non-turbo engine, certified pre-owned, 1 owner car 26k miles when we got it. I've always owned the 2wd models because they have performed so well in the snow, I figure why spend the money on AWD if you don't have to, well for this model it probably would have been a better idea to spend the money. It is absolutely horrible in the snow, I drove it the other day with about an inch of snow on the ground and it was all over the place. Ride quality has also deteriorated rather quickly, rear end has gotten very bouncy from 26k miles to 73k. Has already needed 2 alignments and looks like its going to need another one soon. The leather seats are nice and comfortable and the interior in general looks sharp and everything is located in the right place and easy to use. Haven't had any drivetrain problems, the backup camera went out in it and had to be replaced, but it was covered under warranty. This would be a good car for someone in the south, but if you live where it snows get the AWD model trust me, I've lived in Buffalo, NY my whole life.

Does not recommend this car!!

2013 Santa Fe GLS V6 - car that fits

by Tall Guy from Northwest on Thu Nov 07 2013

The challenge was to replace the 2003 Pilot that, as a result of some 300 trips over mountain passes, rusted out. The new Pilot compromised their passenger seating - making the new one, a non starter. After driving many cars, a simple criteria: 1) fit 6' 6" persons - no sunroof, but with heated seats for friends. 2) AWD to avoid chains required in the pass, can go up a 1 mile/1000' vertical gravel driveway, and an still be an exceptional highway driver. 3) fits a bike in the back or other large people 5) Good value, mileage and reliable After owning a Santa Fe GLS V6 for about 2 weeks - I've put 2000 miles on it and I'm happy. It's hard finding heated seats in a car with no sunroof to get some headroom. The GLS has a long wheel base, flawless drivetrain for the highway and the AWD doesn't chop up the steep gravel driveway like my neighbors Merc GL. The back fits a road bike without removing the front tire. The passenger seat is on par with the drivers so if my spouse drives, I can sleep! I gave the performance 4 stars because it's not as quick in the turns as an older sports car like RDX - but that's not it's purpose.. The bonus is it looks good..

Good enough to own 2!

by Paul P from Providence, RI on Thu Mar 01 2018

I have not one, but 2 Santa Fe Sports. This car is comfortable, great in bad weather, and reliable. They are easy to maintain and have great safety features. I am extremely pleased with the Santa Fe Sport.

Roomy

by Bill from Illinois on Tue Mar 05 2013

Car has lots of interior space and gets you where you want to go. Comfy, performs well and plenty of extra makes the Santa Fe one of the top SUVs around.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Our Take on the 2013 Hyundai Santa Fe

It's quite rare that a car fills the stringent requirements of each of my daily roles, but with just a couple of oversights, the 2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited comes close to being a perfect fit.

For 2013, the Santa Fe is actually two vehicles: the Hyundai Santa Fe Sport — which is a redesign of the five-seat Santa Fe that helped propel Hyundai's rise in the U.S. — and a larger, three-row, seven-seat SUV version called simply the Santa Fe that replaces the 2012 Hyundai Veracruz. We cover the smaller Sport separately (see the review); here we tackle the three-row Santa Fe. (Compare the two here.)

Similar vehicles worth researching if you're in the market for... Read More