NEW
Take our quiz & meet the car you’ll love.
2013 Santa Fe

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe

Have You Driven the 2013 Hyundai Santa Fe?

Santa Fe All the Way

by Mustang Man from Atlanta, Ga on Fri Sep 20 2013

*I wrote one of these a couple reviews back. I just wanted to do an update* We took our 2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited fwd with the Technology Package from Wisconsin to Georgia. We are moving there and went down and back two times since we bought it not even three weeks ago. We had 3 adults and 2 teens with. My tall son sat comfortably in the third row. He said there was more leg room than in a minivan's third row! We had to pack light of coarse, but took eveything we needed. Here comes the best part; we got 32.3 mpg on the highway!! No modifications or anything! We were going 70 mph with eco mode turned on. We highly recommend the new Santa Fe! We get so many turned heads driving down the road, it's such an awesome looking crossover. The only regret we have is not buying one sooner!

50k miles and I'm looking to switch

by CJ on Mon Dec 18 2017

I've owned the last three Santa Fe body styles and from a performance standpoint the current model is the worst one yet. Its the 2wd sport with the 2.4l non-turbo engine, certified pre-owned, 1 owner car 26k miles when we got it. I've always owned the 2wd models because they have performed so well in the snow, I figure why spend the money on AWD if you don't have to, well for this model it probably would have been a better idea to spend the money. It is absolutely horrible in the snow, I drove it the other day with about an inch of snow on the ground and it was all over the place. Ride quality has also deteriorated rather quickly, rear end has gotten very bouncy from 26k miles to 73k. Has already needed 2 alignments and looks like its going to need another one soon. The leather seats are nice and comfortable and the interior in general looks sharp and everything is located in the right place and easy to use. Haven't had any drivetrain problems, the backup camera went out in it and had to be replaced, but it was covered under warranty. This would be a good car for someone in the south, but if you live where it snows get the AWD model trust me, I've lived in Buffalo, NY my whole life.

Does not recommend this car!!

Most Stylish Car I've ever had

by Style and Profil Sports SUVs from Houston, Td on Mon Mar 18 2013

I Love my SUV, I only wish that the options would be individual instead of packets. I do have one problem. Why do I hear air coming through my front window when they are closed.

Lots of Technology and value!

by Car Guy from Fairport, NY on Thu Jul 11 2013

Largest size for this class of SUV. VERY quiet compared to the Honda CRV. BETTER VALUE than the Ford Escape. Better handleing than new Toyota RAV 4. Overall = Largest, quietest and best VALUE in small sized SUV.

Love My Sport

by sad from Middletown, DE on Fri Nov 22 2013

I had a Santa Fe 2009 GLS and now I bought the Sport 2.0 Turbo. I love this car. I love the look, the interior, the stylish exterior and mostly the color (red). My only complaint is that sometimes and I don't really know why, it sounds like a train going over my car. I have the crossbars and not sure if it has to do with the wind hitting it at times but other than that I love it. I checked out the Jeep Wrangler which was too rich for my blood and the Ford Escape was too small. I did not like the looks of the new Ford Explorer. This met all of my needs.

Pleasantly Surprised

by SUV Fan from Oswego,NY on Thu Jan 03 2013

I had previously owned a Nissan Murano and was very pleased with it. After 115,000 miles it was time to purchase a new vehicle. I wanted to downsize to a 4 cylinder yet not give up the size, power and comfort of the Murano. After driving several other vehicles, I came upon the newly styled Santa Fe Sport. My husband and I feel it measures up very well and even though we've only had it for 3 weeks, we are very pleased with the performance of the Santa Fe Sport.

2.4 Sport, AWD with Leather & premium package

by Minnesota Maverick from White Bear Lake, MN on Fri Jul 26 2013

Engine - Adequate power and nothing more * Transmission - shifts when needed * AWD - Engages when needed but drive is louder * Dash controls - Easy to use & simple * MPG - combine winter 22 MPG, combine sumer 24 and highway 28+ * Seating - firm/hard, center console is too far away to rest arm, seats do not tilt * Head restraint - adjustable but still to far forward for me *Steering wheel - does not come out far enough for me but won't leak oil * Rear tail gate - should have a handle on the outside or be power * Handling - good * Ride - good but still a truck * Wind shield wiper - don't adjust slow enough on delay * No seek button on steering wheel * Back Seat - center head restraint is too low unless your short * Visibility - not the best but if you use your mirror & look you'll have no problems an no extra mirror which I don't like * Gas gage/tank - fill very consistent 1-13 mfg. date * MPG gage is off by 10 percent / reads too high and dealer can't fix * Warrantee - I had a wave in the windshield & a bad track on the front seat that were fixed N/C * Quality - I think Hyundai is in the middle but, Hyundai really want to take care of it customer to build form to core * Conclusion: Good car, still a four cylinder and revs same size as an edge

Love my new Santa Fe

by Woman on the go from Viera, Florida on Wed Feb 13 2013

I have only had my new Sata Fe for about a month but I love it so far. Rides great & all the technolgy makes it fun & safe to be on the road. The 4 cylinder turbo has plenty of get up & go plus the economy switch keeps my gas money down as well. Plenty of room for kids and whatever else I need to load in the back. I also added the extended plan to an already fantastic warranty, so for an extra $1500, I have bumper to bumper for 10yrs/100,000 miles.

2013 Santa Fe GLS V6 - car that fits

by Tall Guy from Northwest on Thu Nov 07 2013

The challenge was to replace the 2003 Pilot that, as a result of some 300 trips over mountain passes, rusted out. The new Pilot compromised their passenger seating - making the new one, a non starter. After driving many cars, a simple criteria: 1) fit 6' 6" persons - no sunroof, but with heated seats for friends. 2) AWD to avoid chains required in the pass, can go up a 1 mile/1000' vertical gravel driveway, and an still be an exceptional highway driver. 3) fits a bike in the back or other large people 5) Good value, mileage and reliable After owning a Santa Fe GLS V6 for about 2 weeks - I've put 2000 miles on it and I'm happy. It's hard finding heated seats in a car with no sunroof to get some headroom. The GLS has a long wheel base, flawless drivetrain for the highway and the AWD doesn't chop up the steep gravel driveway like my neighbors Merc GL. The back fits a road bike without removing the front tire. The passenger seat is on par with the drivers so if my spouse drives, I can sleep! I gave the performance 4 stars because it's not as quick in the turns as an older sports car like RDX - but that's not it's purpose.. The bonus is it looks good..

Roomy

by Bill from Illinois on Tue Mar 05 2013

Car has lots of interior space and gets you where you want to go. Comfy, performs well and plenty of extra makes the Santa Fe one of the top SUVs around.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Our Take on the 2013 Hyundai Santa Fe

It's quite rare that a car fills the stringent requirements of each of my daily roles, but with just a couple of oversights, the 2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited comes close to being a perfect fit.

For 2013, the Santa Fe is actually two vehicles: the Hyundai Santa Fe Sport — which is a redesign of the five-seat Santa Fe that helped propel Hyundai's rise in the U.S. — and a larger, three-row, seven-seat SUV version called simply the Santa Fe that replaces the 2012 Hyundai Veracruz. We cover the smaller Sport separately; here we tackle the three-row Santa Fe. (Compare the two here.)

Similar vehicles worth researching if you're in the market for a three-row crossover are... Read More