2005 Tiburon

2005 Hyundai Tiburon

2005 Hyundai Tiburon

4.3

Have You Driven the 2005 Hyundai Tiburon?

Very good car for the money!

by Adrian from Florida on Tue Dec 08 2009

Before I write anything on my car, I wanna state the ratings i gave were based on what i think of the car, in comparison to all the other cars that you can find for what I paid. I have had my Tiburon Tuscani for about 3-4 months. I have driven it almost 16,000 miles in that time. I did have to replace the alternator, mainly because the person that owned it before me put a lot of extra electrical things in it. For the most part, I absolutely love the car. I get complements on it all the time! People that dont know what kind of car it is ask me, and I tell them its a Hyundai. And they are in complete disbelief. It truly is a beautiful car. I highly recommend it if you want a cheap, reliable, sporty car.

Great Car!

by Isabella from Detroit, MI on Mon May 04 2009

I have owned my Hyundai Tiburon for 5 years and don't plan on selling it. It is beautiful, comfortable, reliable, great warranty benefits! I never had a problem with it, runs like new, and very fun to drive!

Just bought my second one!

by Tibby fan from on Mon Mar 06 2017

I had the 2003 gt v6 when I was in the army and it got repo'd with 2 payments left because they changed my allotment at the bank and NOBODY notified me. Just picked up an 05 gs and while I miss the v6 it still has get up and go. But geez if this isnt the sexiest looking car ive ever seen. Some tibbys have issues but treat her right and theres nothing like driving one.

I love this car

by Bigstrick62 from Slidell, La on Mon Jan 30 2012

I had a 2003 tiburon and it had some problems with the AC electronics, but unlike that car this one has a amazing AC and the looks are second to none. The interior is a bit dull, but the performace is very nice especially since the performace parts are pretty impressive. I have a supercharger among other things. All and all I absolutely love my car.

Super fun to drive

by beakeeper35 from Athens, Georgia on Sun Dec 03 2017

This car surpassed my expectations of quality and gets great gas mileage. Driving this car boosted my confidence greatly.

2nd One & I'm in love

by Tiburon is my Car! from Peoria, IL on Mon Oct 07 2013

Drives like a sports car so if that's what you want this would be the kind. A lot of get up & go! Sleek, sporty, & very cool to drive.

Reliable Car

by John from Fort worth TX on Tue Apr 28 2009

Reliable Car I liked a lot Look specialy . Not so much the handling. A litle heavy on the front whels. Good MGL.

Great Vehicle

by The Traveler 357 from Gold Canyon, AZ on Thu Jul 20 2006

The Tiburon GT is a great vehicle. This is my second Hyundai, my first was the 1995 Elantra. The Tiburon has a sporty look that definitely turns heads. The gas milage is outstanding, I recently took a road trip and averaged about 33 mpg. The get up and go from the six cylinder is awsome. Some things to watch out for - there are some blind spots be very careful switching lanes and I do miss having a back seat that can actually be used, however, cargo space is not a problem - I can do a major grocery shopping and not have to worry about space. Hyundai has a winner!

Great Sports Car Value!

by Cajun from Tallahassee, FL on Mon Jul 30 2012

Bought the SE V6 used with 60K miles on it and have put 3K on it. The car drives, handles and feels like new. Put a timing belt on at 60K per Hyundai recommendation and new water pump at same time. That's all....car is awesome for the money; it's a shame that Hyundai doesn't make it anymore. They should bring it back with a little stronger V6 but that's all. Quality throughout and a very reliable commuter. Would buy another new if they were still available. Get one while you can.

cars is tight

by tibby101 from maryland on Mon Apr 26 2010

i have the 2006 v6 se its amazing car is zippy when you need not very easy to drive slow at times but thats fine with me. gas mileage isnt sooo bad i get about 25 all around but i didnt but buy car to get good gas mileage. shifts nicely better that most cars ive driven car is under rated faster and more tq than is rated but then again it depends on driver... i recomend everytime car is fun to drive no matter what ur driving style.....

1 2

Our Take on the 2005 Hyundai Tiburon

Some enthusiasts have sniffed at the 2005 Hyundai Tiburon SE, the sportiest entry in the sporty Tiburon lineup. They say it looks more like a junior GT car than a hard-core sport coupe.

We say the Korean-built Tiburon is a fine offering in this segment, a vehicle that has managed to hold onto its looks despite hitting the market in 2002. The model we tested is an updated performance variant, which builds on the special edition package introduced last year.

We tested a Tiburon SE V-6 equipped with a single option, the $795 power sunroof. Bottom line: $21,389.

HE: We were looking for a little amusement one night and decided to go to Hell in a Hyundai, rather than a hand basket. I'm speaking, of course... Read More