Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2006 Tucson

2006 Hyundai Tucson

2006 Hyundai Tucson

Have You Driven the 2006 Hyundai Tucson?

A chihuahua with the heart of a lion!

by Multiple Hyundai Owner from Woodstock, CT on Wed Aug 20 2008

I purchased 2 of these on the same day, one for me, one for my wife. The all wheel drive with the 4WD lock button on the dash is absolutely fantastic. A quick press of the button makes it so you can just edge out of somewhere you know you're going to spin, like that wet lawn on an incline! Fuel efficiency is good for an SUV, plenty of power for getting onto the highway, a nice comfortable cruiser for longer trips, plenty of cargo room. In the snow, it's a bear! I've had it in over 10" of snow and it acted like it was a dry summer day powering right through! With all the airbags, ABS & Electronic stability control, I always feel safe about my wife in hers, even in the worst weather!

Great SUV

by Esquire from Bronx, New York on Thu Mar 06 2008

I brought this car used, and have only had it for one month, but I am totally in love with this SUV. I am 6 feet tall and I am totally comfortable driving this car. I had 4 of my friends in the car, and they were very comfortable, even with 3 in the backseat. The look, style and feel of the SUV is one of a more expensive ride. It has all the features you will ever need. Since I have only had it for one month, I still don't know about reliability, but the warranty is great. I recommend this SUV looking for a great, inexpensive, ride that is also cool to drive.

A Lotta SUV For The Money

by Big BK from Baltimore, MD on Thu Sep 14 2006

I originally went looking at other small suv's, but found the prices so outrageously high , that I was considering not buying at all. I test drove a Tucson as my "last" stop, and was shocked at how much bang you get for the buck. Great styling, comfort and nice package that comes standard. I opted for the standard 4 cyl. that I can tell you is anything but standard. It feels like a small 6 cyl. with great handling. I could not be more satisfied!

Love my Hyundai!

by Butterfly1832 from Beverly Hills, FL on Sat Jun 03 2017

I bought mine used, 1 owner in 2014 with less than 66,000 miles. I have the Limited model - sunroof/moonroof, heated seats. It is a great car/SUV. It is on the small side but it has suited my needs just fine. If you are going to need to tow something this is not the vehicle for you as it can only tow about 1000 lbs. If you are looking for a small SUV that is reliable and fun then this is it! I love it.

Great Buy!

by dave from Phoenix, AZ on Wed Oct 11 2006

The base model 2006 Tucson comes with more standard features than any comparable SUV for a reasonable price. I researched at the RAV4, the CR-V, and the VUE and the Tucson was the best value. The 4-cylinder does not have much pick-up but I don't need to drive that fast anyway. I highly recommend this vehicle!

Great bang for the buck

by Ted from Orlando, FL on Sat Jun 14 2008

Have 45k on the little beauty. Great car for the buck. Wasn't expecting a Cadillac, so I am happy with it. Have a 5 speed stick that gets 20.5 in city traffic. Original tires and everything works great. Good head & leg room for a 6 footer like me.

Salesman found the car that was made for me.

by Used car buyer from Souderton, PA on Wed Jul 11 2012

Had a tough time picking out a car after test driving a half dozen or so but when this was brought out I finally made the decision. The Tucscon had all of the features that I was looking for and more. Engine size, cargo room, safety features, easy to steer and great styling. There's even a compass built into the rear mirror. I'm going to enjoy driving this to the shore! I can't wait.

Great Vehicle!

by Picky but Happy! from Denver, Co on Thu May 11 2006

It's stylish, fun to drive and has the safety features of a vehicle TWICE the price! It also gets great gas mileage! Oh, and don't forget a 100,000 mile warranty! I'll never buy a domestic SUV again!

Very good car for the money.

by bobomack from Houston,TX on Sun Jul 06 2014

I was looking for a dependable SUV with comfort and reliability. I bought mine used with 60,000 miles on. I read all the reviews and it has indeed been a great purchase. It has plenty of comfort and features. I was getting 21.5 MPG when I purchased this vehicle, but once I changed the oil, it increased to 23.5 MPG. I'm impressed with the 6 cylinder engine, plenty of zip and power on the highway. I was scepticle buying A Hyundai, since I'm a Chevy guy, but now I'm glad I did. I maintain my Tuscon, change the oil and keep the fluids full and this car has not let me down yet,

Now rates with the Best!

by Joe C from Strongsville, Ohio on Mon Jul 17 2006

Model: 2WD, 2.7 V6 Limited. Very good quality in & out. Smooth engine /powertrain; great safety features & other amenities normally not standard on similar vehicles; Leather interior very attractive & comfortable; excellent audio system. Only cons are understated gas mileage --avg. 17.4 mpg in suburban driving. (A 5 speed auto trans. or a more powerful V6 could solve thas problem.) Would have preferred an 8 way power driver's seat, rather than the manual-matic transmission. But this car is every bit as good as my 2006 Honda Accord EXL 4 cyl. that listed at $25,500-- the better warranty/& new JD Powers rating as best in its class, makes this car very close or equal to the Benchmark brands.

1 2 3 4

Our Take on the 2006 Hyundai Tucson

I think I had a preconceived notion about what I would find when I drove the Hyundai Tucson. My thoughts were not very flattering; they mostly had to do with being cheap. I am pleased to say that I was totally off-base. The Hyundai Tucson I test drive is equipped with the Limited package. This top-of-the-line model rings up at just over $25,000 - not too shabby. The more I drive the Hyundai, the more little goodies I find, and the more I like it.

It starts with leather seats (only available in the Limited trim level), and continues with a long list of niceties: heated front seats; 6-CD, in-dash changer; and Shiftronic (automatic transmission that can shift like a manual if desired). Front, side, and... Read More