Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2014 Veloster

2014 Hyundai Veloster

2014 Hyundai Veloster

4.4

Have You Driven the 2014 Hyundai Veloster?

Fun, fast, and practical

by GrumpyJarhead from Cleveland, OH on Wed Dec 02 2015

Found myself in my early 50's tired of driving mid-sized sedans. Wanted something fun! Something fast! Considered a muscle car, but rear wheel drive in Cleveland winters pretty much killed that idea, not to mention the added insurance costs. Low and behold, a new ultra-black 2014 Turbo sits in the dealer showroom in November of 2015. I'd seen them, though they looked cool, but didn't know much about them. Had them wheel it out and took it for a spin. I fell in love! Heated leather sport seats, all the gizmos and doo-dads I could want, like push button start, a nice big screen infotainment system, backup camera, heated mirrors. And this thing really likes to get up and go. The power curve is fantastic. Granted, I'm not going to be taking it to the track. I don't care if a GTI can beat it off the line or a Focus ST can beat it in the quarter mile. I'm going to be driving it to work, on weekend road trips, around town, and along the lake-shore in the summer. It's got more than enough power to get me into trouble. It's extremely well behaved and feels well stuck to the road. It gets lots of looks, even after being out for a few years. That front end is just plain menacing, especially on an all black car. We've had Kia's in my family for 10 years. I trust Kia / Hyundai. It's hard to beat the warranty. Oh, and it's good on gas! Runs well on regular! What more could one ask for?

Veloster Turbo Delivers

by Smack Dab from Hollywood, California, USA on Tue Jul 01 2014

My wife wanted a third car to scoot around town with. She saw a Veloster on the street and wondered what is that? Anyway, went to a Hyundai dealer and checked it out. The base model with auto transmission, forget it. Not quick, kind of sluggish. But then got in a turbo model with auto transmission that can be used as a manual with paddle shifters, larger engine and loaded except for the optional sunroof as none was available on the lot. Anyway, whole different animal! Great car! The engine has a nice little growl, the ride is firm but smooth, and when you step on it, it goes! Really fun to drive. Great gas mileage. I started out driving it like a regular car, but it really likes to be driven like a sports car, which, as it turns out, it is! Get the turbo.

2014 Veloster turbo

by Speedy from Okc,Ok on Wed Sep 17 2014

We went to the dealership to purchase an Elantra, while walking over to a blue Elantra, I heard my wife say, AHHHHH. I turned around and she eyeballing the Turbo Veloster. We test drove the vehicle and was sold. The turbo has awesome power and great gas mileage. The Veloster came with all the options. We are adding racing stripes and a ground effect package onto the car.

Love this car! Great purchase!

by Susanne from Shreveport, LA on Tue Aug 05 2014

This is a great car, the "total package." It looks good, it's fun to drive, it has plenty of pep (I have the turbo), ample space, and lots of "bells and whistles" which make it a great value for the money and it is a solidly built car. The only thing I don't like about it is the third door...I'm still scratching my head trying to figure out why on EARTH they put the rear door on the passenger side. Why? WHY, WHY, WHY??? Pure lunacy! Other than that, I adore this car. If you buy a Veloster, you won't regret it..

2014 Turbo Veloster

by Jim from Bethlehem, PA on Tue Aug 19 2014

We just purchased the 2014 turbo Veloster his August and wasn't disappointed. This was a replacement for our 2004 Honda Accord, which is deteriorating in gas mileage. After test driving the base model and the turbo, we chose the turbo for the extra HP and better suspension and great gas mileage. As others have said, it is a fun car to drive as it is very responsive when stepping on the gas, especially in manual mode. The car came with the tech package the panoramic roof which the kids find very cool. Came with Blue Link, navigation and back up camera. Great car!

Turbo had to be replaced...Twice.

by Cozmic from okc,ok on Thu May 18 2017

My Veloster was new, only had 20 miles on it when I bought it February 2014 (posting today 5/18/17). Did run great for a while, and then started noticing the drive was a little bumpier about 30,000 miles in (I drive approximately 100 miles a day to work and back). I've kept up with all oil changes and maintenance. At 84,000 miles, the turbo blew; car started making a whirring sound, wouldn't go over 60mph (and struggled just to get7 there). Exhaust blowing white smoke, checked the oil that was just changed by the dealership at 82,000 miles, and there is hardly any oil. I had the 100,000 mile warranty coverage, the dealership replaced the Turbo and few other issues. At 88,000 just this week - the turbo blew again.

Does not recommend this car!!

Awesome and zippy! Love it!

by Beehive from Texas on Mon Jan 05 2015

It was hard not to love the look of this car! It's very smooth when driving and comfortable! The uniqueness of the 3rd door makes this car even more fun to own. Although the power of the base model isn't all there, I really love the way it drives. I also get lots of compliments on this car.

Veloster Packs a Punch

by Kimberly Arlia from Rock Hill, SC on Tue Apr 04 2017

A life long lover of large cars and SUVs, I am super happy with my Veloster Turbo. Hyundai makes solid vehicles that withstand my rough driving. Averaging over 35,000 miles a year - I must have a vehicle that is fun to drive as well as reliable. The Veloster turbo fits the bill. Fuel mileage is out of the world and the Veloster provides quite a bit of pep! Great for inner city commutes and lazy Sunday drives!

I love driving this car!

by WORDNRD from Hartland, MI on Mon Aug 14 2017

Pros: This is by far my favorite car to own to date. It has aggressive and sleek styling, and it has a lot of curb appeal. The acceleration is phenomenal and it shifts through the gears much faster than any other automatic I've owned. The turbo has a lot of great features that come standard with the vehicle and I have definitely not be disappointed. I would like it if the gas mileage were better but most of it is my fault because I have a lead foot. If I were single, and didn't live in a state rife with pot holes, I'd buy this vehicle again. Cons: It seems to pick up chips in the hood quite easy, despite me not liking to follow closely behind other vehicles. It is also susceptible to windshield chips as well. The suspension is a bit dodgy on rough roads, but not much different than other performance-oriented car I've driven. Also, the low profile tires, while they look great with the design, are horrible when it comes to bumps and pot holes. Despite my best doge and weave efforts I've sacrificed two tires to the pot hole deities of Michigan. Lastly, this isn't a vehicle for you if you have to transport more than two adults. The back seats are great for smallish kids, but once you get much over five feet tall they really aren't that great for leg or head room. Despite that, I find the cargo space roomy for a small hatchback. Overall: I love the look of the car, and love the way it drives. It's fast every time I need it, and gets a lot of compliments. Not only that, but I've never met another Veloster turbo owner who didn't love theirs as well. If I didn't live in Michigan, and if I didn't have kids to consider, I would totally buy this again and again. Great price, great package!

Loving the car!

by ronkieboyjon from Harrisburg, PA on Mon May 01 2017

So much fun to drive. Great handling, quick, comfortable and reliable. Great gas mileage. Many fun upgrades available.

1 2 3 4

Our Take on the 2014 Hyundai Veloster

Even a nifty multimedia system and a Lady Gaga-sized helping of uniqueness can't distract from the fact that the 2014 Hyundai Veloster is slipping behind its competition.

Strange does not equal strong, as Hyundai's three-door hatchback experiment proves. The automaker introduced the front-wheel-drive Veloster in late 2011 as a 2012 model whose sole engine was a pipsqueak of a four-cylinder. A turbo four-cylinder became available for 2013, and changes to the 2014 lineup include a standard backup camera, plus handling enhancements for turbo models. New R-Spec (turbo) and RE:FLEX (non-turbo) editions join the existing Veloster and Veloster Turbo; the RE:FLEX replaces last year's limited-run... Read More