2007 Veracruz

2007 Hyundai Veracruz

2007 Hyundai Veracruz

4.5

Have You Driven the 2007 Hyundai Veracruz?

One of the best

by Dave from Rockville, Maryland on Fri Feb 27 2009

I wanted a mid-sized SUV in April of 07' I am 6'6" tall and had to be concerned about size, comfort etc. And, I did not want to sepnd more than 35K ona vehicel. I've always purchased Toyotas, Volvo's, SAABs, and so I wanted reliability. This Veracruz will be two years old in May with 33,000. I have not had opne problem with it. I've added a front end visor to it to minimize being hit by bugs, small stones, etc. I've got the sunroof, leather, 8 CD player. I just wish it had an external thermometer in the dash readout. I'm surpried it does not have it. We've used the third row seating three times and once the people were seated they were comfortabel although entering and exiting is a task. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone searching for reliability,good lines and a sporty look. The great thing is with the back seats down I can get my 9 foot fly fishing rod in the vehicle without breaking it down.

Vera Cruz

by Sha from Dallas, TX on Mon Dec 22 2008

I bought this car hoping this vehicle would last me many years...at least 10. However within 2 month of my purchase my car wouldn't start if I let it sit for more than 2 days. I had to have my car towed to the car dealership. They stated my battery was bad and put a new one in. Within 2 weeks my battery was dead again. The car dealership again replaced my battery. On the 3rd trip to the service department my husband made them keep the car for several days to see why my battery was being drained. On the 3rd day they discovered that my car had a bad starter cylinoid (I don't know how to spell it but that they said was wrong with it). Well after that was replaced my car did GREAT. I LOVE my car. I LOVE the DVD system, I LOVE having leather and a moon roof. I LOVE that I was able to get all of the above for under $35,000. However about 10 month later (when the weather got cold) my car wouldn't start again. I am very frustrated and am about to trade my car in. I need a reliable car and this one has failed me.

Does not recommend this car!!

Great deal

by Vermonter from Vermont on Mon Oct 17 2011

Hyundai Veracruz - great 7 passenger vehicle without having to drive a minivan - feels and drives like a sedan. Bought the car in June and by October I put 12,000 miles on the car. From someone who does a LOT of driving, this car is a joy.

Best SUV Value

by JR from Sacramento CA on Wed Jan 16 2008

After 5 months of SUV research, my wife and I purchased 07 Veracruz AWD Limited in May 07. We now have 11K miles on it and no problems. Great SUV, well worth the price ( $33,000). Besides being very comfortable, safe, and quiet to drive, it is great looking and the perfect size. We just got back from the snow, and the AWD performed great, did not need chains, and we went thru heavy snow with ease. The only thing I added was gold lettering and a front end mask to give it a more sporty look. I highly recomend this vehicle

Satisfied with everything but the mileage.

by Venice Driver from Los Angeles on Sat Oct 01 2011

I bought my Veracruz in May of 2011, after looking at the Honda Pilot and the Toyota Highlander. Overall, I'm absolutely happy with the car for all the reasons that drove me to buy it in the first place: it's roomy, well-furnished inside, it runs well and it shares a lot of the same styling with the Lexus RX350 of the same years. I've loved the 2nd row separate A/C - it's a nice feature. My only beef is that the car absolutely does not live up to its billing as far as mileage goes. It's very easy to calculate the mileage because the car has an MPG tracker on the dashboard. There is no way this car gets 16-17 mpg city. It's more like 12-13. If you're on a straight shot open highway you'll get 22-23. One of the reasons I bought this vehicle over the pilot is that I'd heard the Pilot's gas mileage was not as good as advertised. I was sorry to find that the same applied here. I do a mix of highway driving (with traffic) and city driving, and my combined mileage is rarely ever better than 17mpg. Buyer beware.

Fun to drive roomy SUV

by Dan from Grant, AL on Sat Mar 24 2018

This SUV has plenty of room inside yet doesn't look that big from the outside. My wife has had it for about 6 years now and it has over 210,000 miles on it and still performs strong. My wife won't even consider trading it in on another vehicle she likes it so well. Issues have had include replacing the cd player/radio, driver seat electric switch controls and valve cover gaskets to stop small engine oil drips.

Outstanding Value for the Money

by Digger from Camp Lejeune, N.C. on Thu Oct 25 2007

We bought a GLS loved the way it handled and the great gas milage and 2 months later bought another one but a limited this time. We are completely satisfied with the handling the performance and the looks.

Best SUV!!!

by Puerto Rico from Puerto Rico on Tue Dec 11 2007

2006 Veracruz Limited with prem. package black/saddle leather. I had this suv for 5 months now and no complains at all, so far is better suv than the lexus 350, we test drove the lexus and it was more noisy than the veracruz. this is my 4th hyundai and i will buy another one again. like the genesis.

Lots of car for your money

by Christine from Atlanta, GA on Sun Apr 01 2007

I love this car. We purchased the fully loaded SE, and the only thing that I wanted was a navigaton system. But I love the car. I have four children and they get in it with easy. Great car for the money.

Outstanding Vehicle!!!

by Car Enthusiast from Palm Beach on Wed May 02 2007

It is May 1st, 2007 and I have just made may my Veracruz purchase. This vehicle is outstanding! I have read all the cons concerning the Veracruz and frankly, I do not understand anyones complaints. Quite a bit of car for the money... I personally believe this car to be better looking than its Lexus competitor. In fact, I never thought the Lexus RX to be a particular beautiful automobile. Its styling has always been a bit porky. The Veracruz offers just as much and is much sleaker in style. Performance is greater, with better acceleration, when using the clutch free 6 speed manual transmission! My Veracruz has both manual and automatic! Wow! I am up to 18 miles per gallon, city driving. Just 24 hours old. Expect better when broken in.

1 2 3

Our Take on the 2007 Hyundai Veracruz

The number of three-row crossover SUVs has grown dramatically over the past few months, with new models like the Mazda CX-9 and Saturn Outlook offering alternatives to the traditional SUV. Hyundai's new seven-seat Veracruz is the latest to join the category, and on the whole it matches up well against the competition with its smooth ride, quiet cabin and interior quality, making it a must-drive for consumers in this market.

Ride & Handling
The Veracruz has a four-wheel independent suspension with front and rear stabilizer bars. The setup is tuned for cruising, sensible for a vehicle like this. The crossover feels stable on the highway, and it's rather quiet, which means Hyundai's sound-deadening efforts... Read More