NEW
Take our quiz & meet the car you’ll love.
2012 XJ

2012 Jaguar XJ

2012 Jaguar XJ

4.4

4 out of 5 stars Reliability

Have You Driven the 2012 Jaguar XJ?

Jaguar XJ SuperSport 2011-2012 same!

by Pa.Bill from Gettysburg Pa. on Wed Feb 29 2012

I have the 2011 XJ supersport. I just compared it to the 2012. Same car. I have driven 10,000 since I picked it up in July and feel its under rated especially when it comes to power and handling. For such a large car it turns-handles more like a sports model. The book give 0 to 60 in 4.7 MortorTrand tested the XJL 470hp and got a flat 4.0(see issue January 2011 car of the year) I can onlu guess on the XJ 510hp. What is nagitive to me is the slowness of the NAV system and everyone look at you or ask questions at every chance. I almost never see other XJ 's on the road which makes me wonder- how many were sold in 2011? Thank You Pa.Bill

Awesome

by Michael Vatter, Dallas from Dallas, TX on Fri Nov 07 2014

2012 XJL SC, awesome car, plenty powerful and very pretty. No problems except rear power sunshade( had that problem on older XJ as well). It's a really big car so maneuvering in tight spots can be a bit of a challenge. As mentioned before the GPS can drive you nuts it's so slow. Just like the rest of the software. Jag really needs to address that soon. But for everyday driving to and from work its a real joy. It's quiet, relaxing and very nimble for such a long vehicle. Not like the German land yachts . It also has on of the prettiest interiors in this class. I actually prefer it even over the new S. The 20 inch Kasauga wheels are a real pain to keep clean and I think the rear side shades should be electric. The SC engine is a gas guzzler. I don't think I get more than 14 mpg on average but that should not be an issue with that kind of car. Would I buy it again? In a New York minute. It's an awesome machine and I enjoy every moment in it. I also have a 991 convertible and I prefer driving the Jag, believe it or not.

Great Car!!!

by GS from Seattle, WA on Sun Dec 16 2012

I have put 8000 miles on the 2012 XJ since May. I have had no mechanical problems to date. All the superlatives about the car as described elsewhere are true. I recently drove the car on a 350 mile road trip at an avg speed of 70 mph and my mileage was 24mpg. Navigation system is ok and definitely slow but it works fine. Most time I use my I-phone. I have never owned a car that receives so many comments and everyone loves to talk about. This car is a great luxury that is worth every penny the minute you get behind the wheel and step on the gas.

Very Nice looking car!!!

by Truth Teller from on Tue Aug 30 2016

I purchased a 2012 Jaguar XJL Supercharged and this is a very stylish car. It turns so many heads and draws quite a bit of attention. The Supercharged version really has a lot of power. I like to drive fast at times and occasionally I've felt I was near losing the car on sharp turns at high speeds. I only had it about a month and it seems pretty reliable at this point. Oil change is $250 at the dealer so be prepared for that, last 16k miles though. The only con I have about the car is some of accessory components on the car seem rather cheap. For example, the exterior door handles are very hollow and feel like if you pull too hard they could possibly break. The center console is wrapped in a cheap chrome plastic looking material that will eventually start to peel. The interior door handles are even hollow and feel cheaply made. Coming from an Audi A8 I noticed these things right away, but they weren't enough to turn me away from the car's aggressive styling and performance. While the interior and other accessory components make lack that of an Audi A8, the styling definitely makes up for that. I would recommend.

Most exilerating car I've own and driven

by Carsgalore on Sun Jul 09 2017

Great car and smooth ride. Love the growl and the attention it gets when someone see it coming. It's good to have a luxury car that stands out especially when everyone is following the same path in a BMW or Mercedes. It's dependable and haven't had any issues since owning it .

Great Looks

by Comfort Car enthusiast from Arizona on Thu Feb 28 2013

had the FX 2010 before, which was also great, switched to the XJ-L, guests love the back seat comfort. Car handles, rides great, no complaints, light stalk is a little out of the way, little Ford-ish, can't switch gears with paddle shifter in normal D mode, only in Sport. Don't know why that was changed. Center console too much shiny chrome, looks good but . . . sometimes when the sun hits it, can blind. Make it mate chrome next time. Touch screen is okay but could be better, voice control is not too bad. Pick up is great with the Portfolio 385hp normal V8

Best bang for the buck

by J.O. from New Orleans, LA on Mon Jun 20 2016

If you want luxurious, spacious, executive look with race speed, this is your vehicle!!! Best handling for a vehicle this size I've ever handled.

better then 750 or S550 !

by gary S from oak brook il on Sun Jun 11 2017

absolutely amazing ! rides drives and handles like a dream ! dumped my 750li for it and could not be more happy !

excellent

by rebeccaatcoronado from fontana, ca on Tue Dec 12 2017

massage seats, comfort, style, the executive package. luxurious, stand out and get noticed, wonderful car

Love this car.

by James from Annapolis, Maryland on Fri Apr 12 2019

So happy I got this car. I get compliments on it almost everyday. Mostly from perfect strangers. It drives well and it is very comfortable. My car makes quite a statement everywhere I go.

1 2 3