2012 XJ

4.9 out of 5 starsExterior Styling
4.8 out of 5 starsInterior Design
4.2 out of 5 starsValue for the Money
4.2 out of 5 starsReliability

Jaguar XJ SuperSport 2011-2012 same!

by Pa.Bill from Gettysburg Pa. on February 29, 2012

I have the 2011 XJ supersport. I just compared it to the 2012. Same car. I have driven 10,000 since I picked it up in July and feel its under rated especially when it comes to power and handling. For such a large car it turns-handles more like a sports model. The book give 0 to 60 in 4.7 MortorTrand tested the XJL 470hp and got a flat 4.0(see issue January 2011 car of the year) I can onlu guess on the XJ 510hp. What is nagitive to me is the slowness of the NAV system and everyone look at you or ask questions at every chance. I almost never see other XJ 's on the road which makes me wonder- how many were sold in 2011? Thank You Pa.Bill

BEST CAR I EVER OWNED

by WPJAGSALESACHA from WHITE PLAINS, NY on May 4, 2012

I ACTUALLY SELL THE JAGUAR BUT HAVE OWNED AND 04 XJR AND RECENTLEY LEASED A 2012 XJ. IT IS WITH OUT A DOUBT THE BEST CAR I HAVE EVER OWNED. IT HANDLES GREAT AND SOUNDS EVEN BETTER. I WISH A COULD HAVE GOTTEN THE XJ SUPER CHARGED BUT THE 385HP IS MORE THAN ENOUGH, 27 MPG ON THE HIGHWAY AT 80 MP BUT 18 AVG MPG OTHERWISE. YOU SHOULD CONSIDER THE XJ THE NEXT TIME YOU ARE IN THE MARKET.

Awesome

by Michael Vatter, Dallas from Dallas, TX on November 7, 2014

2012 XJL SC, awesome car, plenty powerful and very pretty. No problems except rear power sunshade( had that problem on older XJ as well). It's a really big car so maneuvering in tight spots can be a bit of a challenge. As mentioned before the GPS can drive you nuts it's so slow. Just like the rest of the software. Jag really needs to address that soon. But for everyday driving to and from work its a real joy. It's quiet, relaxing and very nimble for such a long vehicle. Not like the German land yachts . It also has on of the prettiest interiors in this class. I actually prefer it even over the new S. The 20 inch Kasauga wheels are a real pain to keep clean and I think the rear side shades should be electric. The SC engine is a gas guzzler. I don't think I get more than 14 mpg on average but that should not be an issue with that kind of car. Would I buy it again? In a New York minute. It's an awesome machine and I enjoy every moment in it. I also have a 991 convertible and I prefer driving the Jag, believe it or not.

Great Car!!!

by GS from Seattle, WA on December 16, 2012

I have put 8000 miles on the 2012 XJ since May. I have had no mechanical problems to date. All the superlatives about the car as described elsewhere are true. I recently drove the car on a 350 mile road trip at an avg speed of 70 mph and my mileage was 24mpg. Navigation system is ok and definitely slow but it works fine. Most time I use my I-phone. I have never owned a car that receives so many comments and everyone loves to talk about. This car is a great luxury that is worth every penny the minute you get behind the wheel and step on the gas.

Very Nice looking car!!!

by Truth Teller from on August 30, 2016

I purchased a 2012 Jaguar XJL Supercharged and this is a very stylish car. It turns so many heads and draws quite a bit of attention. The Supercharged version really has a lot of power. I like to drive fast at times and occasionally I've felt I was near losing the car on sharp turns at high speeds. I only had it about a month and it seems pretty reliable at this point. Oil change is $250 at the dealer so be prepared for that, last 16k miles though. The only con I have about the car is some of accessory components on the car seem rather cheap. For example, the exterior door handles are very hollow and feel like if you pull too hard they could possibly break. The center console is wrapped in a cheap chrome plastic looking material that will eventually start to peel. The interior door handles are even hollow and feel cheaply made. Coming from an Audi A8 I noticed these things right away, but they weren't enough to turn me away from the car's aggressive styling and performance. While the interior and other accessory components make lack that of an Audi A8, the styling definitely makes up for that. I would recommend.

the new XJ

by cat o 9 tales from PALM SPRINGS, CA. on May 14, 2012

All I can say is W O W . . . . . . This car has exceeded any pre - expectations --- It is absolutely whisper quiet, FAST to drive, and more Power than anyone could need or exceed...... only one word "growwwwll"

Bang for your buck

by Jagdoc on September 4, 2017

Gone are the days the Jaguar spent more time at the shop than on the road. This model has turned out to be a sweet combination of luxury/performance , reliability and value.!

Most exilerating car I've own and driven

by Carsgalore on July 9, 2017

Great car and smooth ride. Love the growl and the attention it gets when someone see it coming. It's good to have a luxury car that stands out especially when everyone is following the same path in a BMW or Mercedes. It's dependable and haven't had any issues since owning it .

Great Looks

by Comfort Car enthusiast from Arizona on February 28, 2013

had the FX 2010 before, which was also great, switched to the XJ-L, guests love the back seat comfort. Car handles, rides great, no complaints, light stalk is a little out of the way, little Ford-ish, can't switch gears with paddle shifter in normal D mode, only in Sport. Don't know why that was changed. Center console too much shiny chrome, looks good but . . . sometimes when the sun hits it, can blind. Make it mate chrome next time. Touch screen is okay but could be better, voice control is not too bad. Pick up is great with the Portfolio 385hp normal V8

Best bang for the buck

by J.O. from New Orleans, LA on June 20, 2016

If you want luxurious, spacious, executive look with race speed, this is your vehicle!!! Best handling for a vehicle this size I've ever handled.

1 2