The Jaguar XK is a high-end luxury sports car that drives as well as it looks. The four-seat XK comes as a coupe or convertible with V-8 power. There are two high-performance variants of the XK: the XKR and XKR-S. Both have supercharged V-8s, and the XKR-S' engine puts out 550 horsepower. According to Jaguar, the XKR-S can go from zero to 60 mph in just 4.2 seconds. Competitors include the BMW 650i and Mercedes-Benz SL. For 2014, there’s a limited-edition, high performance XKR-S GT coupe. A total of 25 cars will be sold in the U.S. and five in Canada.
(Skip to details on the: XKR, XKR-S)
New for 2014
The XKR-S GT coupe is available in limited numbers for 2014 with aerodynamic enhancements, suspension modifications and carbon ceramic brakes. A new Performance Pack is available for XKR models, which includes an active exhaust, red brake calipers and diamond-pattern stitching on the seats.
- 19- or 20-inch alloy wheels
- Power-folding side mirrors with automatic dimming
- Bi-xenon high-intensity-discharge headlamps
- Dual exhaust
- Power-folding soft-top (convertible)
- Leather seats and steering wheel
- Available real wood or aluminum trim
- Navigation system
- Dual-zone automatic climate control
- Available adaptive cruise control
- Available leather-appointed dash
- Available heated steering wheel
Under the Hood
- Standard 385-hp, 5.0-liter V-8 engine (XK)
- Available 510-hp, supercharged 5.0-liter V-8 (XKR)
- Available 550-hp, supercharged 5.0-liter V-8 (XKR-S)
- Six-speed automatic transmission with manual shift function
- Rear-wheel drive
- Side-impact airbags
- Active front head restraints
- Daytime running lights
- Antilock brakes and traction control
- Electronic stability system
- Front and rear parking sensors
- Available collision warning system
Jaguar's XKR builds upon the XK with a 510-hp, supercharged version of the 5.0-liter V-8. A modified suspension firms up the ride and sharpens handling. Other changes include a modified exterior with a mesh grille, modified fog lights, larger wheels, quad exhaust and dual hood louvers. A six-speed automatic transmission is standard, and Jaguar says the XKR accelerates from zero to 60 mph in 4.6 seconds. For 2014, an optional Performance Pack includes an active exhaust, red brake calipers and diamond-pattern stitching on the seats.
Back to top
Jaguar says the limited-production XKR-S has a top speed of 186 mph and will leap from zero to 60 mph in just 4.2 seconds.
For 2014, there’s a limited-edition, high-performance XKR-S GT coupe. A total of 25 cars will be sold in the U.S. and five in Canada. The XKR-S GT coupe features aerodynamic and suspension modifications, as well as carbon ceramic brakes.
Thanks to exhaust system and engine computer tuning, the supercharged 5.0-liter V-8 makes 550 hp and 502 pounds-feet of torque. Boost pressure and engine compression are also slightly higher. The engine teams with a six-speed automatic that incorporates shift paddles. The suspension is 10 millimeters lower, and the XKR-S has an electronic differential.
The exterior is different than other XKs. Gloss-black accents are present, and the front bumper incorporates a carbon fiber splitter. The aggressive-looking hood features two horizontal cooling slots near the car's nose. At the rear, there's a fixed spoiler with carbon fiber inlay. The XKR-S also has unique wider side sills and a distinctive rear apron with a carbon fiber diffuser.
Inside, there are 16-way power-adjustable performance seats with sculpted side bolsters. RS logos adorn the head restraints and doorsills.