2017 Cherokee

2017 Jeep Cherokee

2017 Jeep Cherokee

Have You Driven the 2017 Jeep Cherokee?

Great to drive

by Spike from Luxemburg, WI on Sat May 27 2017

We own the six cylinder limited. It drives and handles like a dream. My wife wanted something smaller than her 2006 Chrysler van. We were concerned about the transmission troubles in earlier models. Do not worry. This transmission is great. The only thing I do not like about the Jeep is the chrome and light bright trim on the dash. If my wife didn't like this trim, I would have painted it black by now. This bright work is not unique to the Jeep. I have a 2014 T&C with all of the dash chrome painted flat black. I only hope to convince my wife to do the same for the Jeep.

very nice car

by bobby from Anniston, Alabama on Fri Apr 07 2017

2.4L engine way to weak for the size of the car. although the vehicle is very nice, it's over priced for what you get.

research it

by T from on Fri Apr 14 2017

Love the interior and exterior but had my trailhawk 3.5 weeks and already having tranny problems.My car will be in the shop for 4 days needs a new valve body.@409 miles

It sucks. Has transmission problem

by Jeep from Philadelphia pa on Sun Jun 18 2017

Many transmission problems. Returned six times still not right. Owned six months and in shop more than I have

Does not recommend this car!!

I traded it in after owning for a year.

by Nmbezro on Fri Jul 13 2018

I would never purchase a Jeep again. However all of the people who work at Jeep are extremely friendly and helpful. I just had a bad experience with the Jeep that I owned. I purchased brand new Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk 4 cyl. They contain a CVT transmission which is the worst shifting experience I’ve had in a car. I would smell burning smells once in a while out of nowhere and anytime I tried to speed up enough to pass someone, it would instant redline (it was terrible at shifting). It shifted rough while driving normally and it wouldn’t shift soon enough when accelerating at a higher speed. The only plus side, it was AMAZING in the snow. However, I would recommend any other SUV over Jeep.

Luv my Jeep

by Sha from Valencia, CA on Sun Apr 09 2017

Classy look, with practical use. I love the look of the Jeep, inside and out. The features inside are useful, and not overwhelming. The roominess inside is more then adequate, without the exterior being bulky!

LOVE the car!

by DeanaH from Lombard, IL on Fri Apr 21 2017

I have owned a lot of different makes/models of vehicles in the past but this one is by far my favorite! Comfortable, roomy, stylish, smooth ride, etc. This one has it all! I have a feeling that I will be keeping this one for a long time!

Love my new Jeep!

by Alohaheath from on Mon May 01 2017

I'm so happy to have found a car that looks good, meets my needs and is within my budget! I would definitely recommend the Cherokee to friends. I really like the side mirror sensors!

Versatile, big car feel, great handling vehicle

by Tim from Des Moines on Sat Feb 09 2019

I have driven this 2017 Jeep Altitude for a year and love it. I would never buy the v4 however. I use it for hunting, so I wanted the 4x4 which handles perfectly in mud or snow. I looked at Honda, Hyundai, Subaru and Ford Escape. None of them compared well. I bought my V6 and have been averaging 23 / 28 .Purchase price was 23k. Smokes the Honda CR-V.

The Perfect Upgrade

by KayceeD from The Colony, TX on Wed May 10 2017

I am very satisfied with my Jeep Cherokee Latitude. Coming from driving a 2010 Cobalt, I wasn't needing too much, but this car goes above and beyond. The handling is excellent and is just as easy to navigate as my old Chevy go-kart. It turns very well and has smooth handling. The interior is comfortable and sleek and there is ample room for storage. In the front alone there are 2 different places for sunglasses, a center console, and under-seat storage in the passenger seat. The 8.5 inch screen isn't too shabby either, making it very easy to control everything in the car from one place. Cons: When it comes to the software in the touchscreen, there seem to be some glitches. Every time I try to change the clock, it jumps 3 hours ahead. I still haven't been able to adjust it to the correct time. In addition, when it comes to accelerating, there is a noticeable delay that I wouldn't expect from a new vehicle. This is especially prominent when I am shifting from reverse to drive.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 34

Our Take on the 2017 Jeep Cherokee

The verdict:

The 2017 Jeep Cherokee's roomy cabin and refined ride impress, but even though its nine-speed automatic transmission has gotten better with age, it's still not fully baked.

Versus the competition:

The Cherokee rides better than the class norm, and it's one of the rare non-luxury compact SUVs with an available V-6 engine (which is the engine to get). However, you pay a penalty for that engine at the gas pump, and the price for a higher-end trim level can be steep.

Life is good at Jeep. An all-SUV brand at a time when interest in SUVs is surging, Jeep is stocked for the hot small SUV segment with the likes of the subcompact Renegade, the redesigned Compass compact SUV and the Cherokee, which is on the larger end of the compact SUV spectrum. Cherokee competitors include the Honda CR-V, Toyota RAV4 and Nissan Rogue; see their specs compared here

It’s no exaggeration to say that the Cherokee — which returned to the Jeep lineup in its current form as a 2014 model — was highly polarizing when it debuted due to its radical styling. It was such an intriguing vehicle that Cars.com decided to buy one as a long-term test car, and we spent the next year reporting... Read More