2019 Jeep Cherokee consumer reviews

• Exterior 4.7
Explore the 2019 Jeep Cherokee
Shop the 2019 Jeep Cherokee

Great Crossover

I bought my 2019 Cherokee new in July 2019. I have had it for 4 and a half years now and I have had no problems at all. I have over 61k miles on it. I do worry about the warranty being up that something might happen but it has not given me any issues so I shouldn't really be letting it bother me. This is the longest I have had a vehicle. I usually keep a car and trade it in around 3 years but I have loved driving this car so much that I have no desire in letting it go. I hate that Jeep is no longer producing more of these.

Sorry to see it go.

Would recommend this vehicle. Overall very good value and has proven very reliable. Sorry to hear it is being discontinued Jeep had a winner and what I thought was a great tweeter between the Compass and Grand Cherokee.

4.0

Are jeeps this unreliable

Bought my car 2 years used, maybe not the smartest thing to do! I’ve had to have a not noticeable oil leak, I say this because it did not leak on my garage floor, but mechanics saw when servicing and water pump thank God under warranty, but now after having them repair those items my jeep was returned with a non working AC. I’m told it is not under warranty and of course it was nothing they messed up. They $3300 to repair/ replace an $86 evaporator part. My heart stopped, I’ve been on disability for a little while now and that is just a stab to the heart! Are Jeeps this unreliable? First time buying an “american car” maybe last!

4.0

Infuriating transmission!

We purchased the same night a wrangler sport JLU 3.6 manual trans and this Cherokee Limited with the same engine and the 9-speed automatic. And oh boy, these cars were completely different despite having the same 3.6 Pentastar engine. Launching the Wrangler was never an issue. Launching the Cherokee and even more reaccelerating was truly painful and required a lot of preparation. Sometimes, the transmission would take few seconds before downshifting making the throttle response slow at best. Other than that, the car proved to be reliable and was extremely silent and very well equipped. I would recommend that car as a commuter for someone who is not seeking any driving fun. For families who enjoy long trips, there are better and more responsive options out there.

Fantastic

Just got my used 2019 latitude plus an love it 3rd jeep I've owed an this one is fantastic so far got it at the end of winter can't wait till next winter but now we'll just have to go off road camping don't think I'll have trouble getting around

Joimy germosen

I had a great experience with joimy, he was very patient and help me thrue the whole process i would come back in the future to work with him

3.0

Brake failure.

Brake problems as a 2nd owner. 2019 Cherokee Latitude Plus, miles at the time was 25,500. Replace the Master Cylinder and assisted Booster. No warning alarms or signals. The Brake went to the floor and slightly hit a car in front of me. Luckily we where at a stand still. I was able to pump Brake to get some hardness back into the Brake to get home. Took to shop next day it took 2 weeks to get it back.

2019 Jeep Cherokee Latitude Plus.

I owned this Jeep Cherokee Latitude Plus that they are selling at Spitzer Ford. Very reliable. Loved the remote start and the heated seats and steering wheel. Anything 40 degrees and colder when you used remote start would turn on the drivers seat and wheel and rear defroster and heated mirror. I did not lead foot the jeep I averaged 24.5 to 26 intown. Best I got was 33 on the highway. It has the 2.4 engine. Just needed to get bigger vehicle to haul my wife's mobility scooter. Will definitely miss the Jeep.

3.0

Rotor Problems

I bought a new 2019 Jeep Cherokee North. At 22000 Klms I had to change the front brake rotors which was not covered under warranty even though I bought the extended warranty. I now have 39000 Klms on it and the front rotors are gone again. I have owned many vehicles and have never experienced this problem before

2.0

Buyer Beware!

Absolute Junk! I purchased a used Jeep 2019 Latitude 16 days ago as of this posting, and already, I've had to take it to get serviced for two different recalls, and today because the Starter completely died on it. This piece of junk has 36k miles on it, and the Starter is already dead on the car. Buyer Beware!