NEW
Take our quiz & meet the car you’ll love.
2019 Cherokee

2019 Jeep Cherokee

Have You Driven the 2019 Jeep Cherokee?

The 2019 update saved the Cherokee

by Chris from Vineyard, Utah on Fri Jun 08 2018

I've been spending a lot of time looking for a new 4 wheel drive vehicle within my price range. I loved the Grand Cherokees, but they were just too much out of range. I always overlooked the cherokees because I hated the way they looked. The 2019 model got an upgrade and it is beautiful! The front end looks more like a grand cherokee, the inside looks like it should have cost $10,000 more than it did, and the turbo engine makes my heart flutter. There isn't a thing about my car that I don't love at the moment. You need to at least test drive one of these bad boys.

Highly Impressed with High Altitude

by Meliz456 from Milwaukee, WI on Wed Jan 23 2019

I've owed my 2019 Jeep Cherokee High Altitude V6 4x4 for about a month. I am the type of person who has held on to vehicles for the long haul and typically opted for a well-maintained used vehicle versus a new vehicle and had a been a loyalist to a single manufacturer and never owned a FCA vehicle before. I finally decided to take the plunge on purchasing a new vehicle and I am very happy that I picked the 2019 Jeep Cherokee. As other reviewers mentioned, the 2019 redesign has literally "saved" the Cherokee and I also would have overlooked the Cherokee in prior model years. I use to think of Jeeps as basic and utilitarian, but the 2019 Cherokee feels elevated and premium with the exterior and interior re-design/refinements. Especially if you opt for the Limited, High Altitude or Overland trims there are touchpoints and features which arguably rival some of the luxury brands. In addition, I have also been impressed with my Cherokee's performance. The ride is smooth, my gas mileage has matched the stated ratings and personally I am not bothered by the automatic shut off at stoplights (and for those who are bothered, there is a button to turn it off). In addition,with living in the Midwest, it was important to me to have a vehicle which could handle well in a variety of weather conditions. My previous vehicle had one of the more positively reviewed AWD systems (Acura's SH-AWD) and I thought it handled well, but I must say after recently driving my Cherokee 4x4 in the snow, I felt it handled better. Now, given my length of ownership, I can't speak to any long-term experiences quite yet, but from what I have experienced so far I am optimistic that I will still be pleased with my 2019 Cherokee in the years to come.

Very happy

by x from Hilton Head, SC on Sat Jan 19 2019

Traded a 2014 Toyota Rav4 with which we were very happy. Were waiting for the redesigned 2019 Rav4 but test drove Honda CRV, Hyundai Tucson, Chevy Equinox, Lincoln MK, Cadillac XT4, the Rav4 and Jeep Cherokee. Road noise and ride quality were our main criteria. The Jeep was on par with the Cadillac and the Lincoln but better than all the others. We couldn't justify the price of a luxury brand when the Jeep Cherokee Limited has ALL the latest features.

Great features and interior design.

by H. J. from Ewing on Tue Aug 28 2018

This car meets all of my needs. The interior design is surprisingly well thought out. It is comfortable, the seats appear raised so you feel like you are in a bigger vehicle. There is also a lot of storage areas, great for drinks, glasses, chargers, rtc

Best car I have owned love it

by Richtc from Ontario on Tue Jun 05 2018

Thus car was what my family need for fun and moving the kids around had everything to make me happy and them. Had a 2017 trailhawk and now own a 2019 trailhawk

Very impressed so far

by JaneD from Philadelphia, PA on Fri Oct 12 2018

I have only owned this vehicle for a couple of weeks but I am terribly impressed with the features and luxury in a vehicle I purchased for it's reliability in the winter weather. The interior is nicer than that of the BMW X1 I just owned and this vehicle came with a ton more included options for $10000 LESS than the BMW. I am extremely happy with it.

Will only own a Jeep for now on

by JeremiahB from Manlius,ny on Sun Jan 27 2019

First Jeep wife and I have purchased and will keep buying Jeeps! We purchased the Cherokee in limited trim model and sting gray color. This car is beautiful inside and out. The features on it are unbelievable from remote starting and having the heated seats and steering wheel automatically come on to the 8.4 inch touchscreen stereo. The biggest thing is the safety and 4x4 system in this vehicle that plows right through NY snow!

It has owned up to everything they said about it.

by tomtheatombomb from Hillsborough, NJ on Mon Mar 11 2019

I love the car. It has a great ride, power, fuel economy and electronics. There is so much functionality. I had a 2016 and upgraded to the limited this time. They seemed to have corrected or improved a lot on the car. Recommended Highly.

Terrible disappointed

by J from Uniontown, Ohio on Sat Jun 22 2019

My first Chrysler product in years...have had the Cherokee Latitude for less than 30 days and the screen that controls climate, media ect. started bouncing from radio to climate to all other options. Triggered my heated seats to come on and couldn’t turn it off without pulling over and turning the car off. Took it to the dealer and they basically said can’t find any thing wrong with it and gave me a bulletin release from Chrysler that stated it was a communication issue with my phone. Dealer suggested I not connect my phone to U connect. Just what you want to hear with a new vehicle.

Does not recommend this car!!

NEW 2019 Jeep Cherokee

by Haley S from San Antonio, TX on Fri Jun 29 2018

Love the new look. Interior is fantastic and I am enjoying the Uconnect system and leather seats. Sound and speed have met my city speed needs.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 41

Our Take on the 2019 Jeep Cherokee

The verdict:

A powerful new turbo engine option improves things, but an ill-tempered transmission still holds back the otherwise well-rounded, newly updated 2019 Jeep Cherokee.

Versus the competition:

There are no similarly priced peers for the Cherokee’s off-roading ability, and it's a strong player overall, but its cargo volume is modest even among compact competitors, and its balky transmission is a drawback, especially when teamed with a less powerful engine.

We had high hopes for the 2019 Jeep Cherokee. We're very fond of it overall — in spite of the fact that after a year's ownership of a 2014 model, we unanimously concluded that we wouldn't buy another. Somehow, our affection for the Cherokee was strong enough that we were able to overlook the engine replacement it mysteriously required; what we couldn't overlook was the bad behavior of its only transmission, a nine-speed automatic — especially when paired with the base 2.4-liter four-cylinder engine. Despite numerous changes to its programming both in our early model and in subsequent model years, the transmission would hesitate too long when a downshift was called for... Read More