2019 Jeep Cherokee consumer reviews

Explore the 2019 Jeep Cherokee
Shop the 2019 Jeep Cherokee
3.0

Trailhawk pretty but disappointing

I purchased my 2019 hydro blue Trailhawk with the sports package in 2018. Such a beautiful vehicle. I invested in the extended 100,000 bumper to bumper warranty with all of the add-ons. I wanted to make sure this car would last. My first and biggest complaint is that Jeep has refused to honor the warranty on two occasions, for things that are obviously defects. First, my kids fingerprints are all over my car exterior paint and won't come off. The dealer tried to "buff them out" to no avail. When i submitted a request to have it fixed under my warranty, they refused saying it wasn't a manufacturers defect. It's easy to see these prints weren't the result of any extra residue. It's just fingerprints. Very obvious fingerprints. Secondly, my windshield developed a long wavy crack that extends across the bottom of the window. A very smooth line with no apparent starting point. I noticed it after a night of extremely cold temps. So i assume it occurred due to the cold. Not covered. It's pretty clear to me at this point that the warranty isn't ever going to pay for anything. Pretty shocking. Adding to this major annoyance, the car only performs "okay". I've also noticed the jerking when shifting gears that others have mentioned. The first thing i didn't like was the "fit" of the seat tilt. You can't adjust it to tilt down enough to be comfortable (have read many complaints on this). The steering wheel adjusts up/down and in/out but does not tilt. The cup holder placement is very awkward for using a mobile phone cup holder (basically you can't). Hate that you can't enter nav info while in motion. Won't even let the passenger do it. I would not call it a smooth ride, but it's not bad. The AC works great but really needs more than just ONE vent blowing air to the back. These are all little annoyances I could learn to live with if I felt Jeep was treating me with the respect I deserve. I'm a veteran and have always been loyal to American brands. But I'll never purchase another Jeep/Chrysler/Dodge product again. I'll be trading this car in for something else. Maybe a Subaru.

4.0

Nice ride, interior design is trash.

Pros: Looks nice, super comfortable, great sound system, cruises really well. Cons: Console & door pocket design might be the worst I've ever seen. I've got a comma shaped pocket in the console that doesn't hold anything with stability and a slit pocket ahead of that which is great to lose stuff down and have to go fishing for. Also, you have to be part contortionist to use the door pockets. There's hard plastic that means you can't just reach down to grab something out of it. You have to bend your arm in an unnatural direction to reach things. Good SUV...I'd buy again, but the interior design is trash.

1.0

Think twice before you get this car.

The most uncomfortable car. The seats are not comfortable and are horrible, I’ve had this car for 3 years and still have trouble finding a setting that’s comfortable. New car and had to get a new transmission and also a new battery.

Great car so pleased

This car was the best vehicle I have ever owned I have never owned a SUV so I am very excited that now I own one.

Love it

This car meets all my needs, it is fuel efficient and very comfortable. Also, for a 2 liter engine and does have some giddy up. Great for off-road too

4.4

Was good for the time it lasted

The Cherokee latitude plus was okay. It worked for the time I needed it and what I used it for. As my kids grew older and sports lives expanded, the space wasn’t enough.

First purchase of a used vehicle

I’ve only had this Jeep for 2 days. I’m thrilled thus far. Great deal, nice ride and super comfortable. Still reading up on the Cherokee but I’m thinking it will be the vehicle for me.

Love my new car

Got a fantastic deal on a 2019 Cherokee Limited fully loaded loving it so far!! Autolenders was great to work with no pressure, treated me very well.

Many friends and family own Jeeps

I have ridden in others' Jeeps and was impressed. I wanted a car that was good in the winter and comfortable to drive. This fulfilled all my needs.

I love my Jeep

It’s a first time with Jeep and I’m so happy with my car I love it it’s very nice we love it that my daughters got one too