Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2019 Cherokee

2019 Jeep Cherokee

Have You Driven the 2019 Jeep Cherokee?

Traded my Wrangler for a new Cherokee!

by Envelopo from Cottage Grove Oregon on Mon Jun 25 2018

I love this Cherokee. Chose a silver loaded latitude plus model with v6 4wd and active drive 2. I now have a long commute and needed something better on the highway then the wrangler. Tried the rav4 Crv cx5 escape and equinox. I liked the Jeep better by a wide margin. Very smooth comfortable powerful and quiet! Decent mpg for a vehicle with a low range 4wd system and 4500 tow capacity. I?m averaging 24 in mixed driving and as high as 28 all 70 mph highway. Great seats great connectivity and great sound system. What?s not to like? I?m VERY pleased so far.

The 2019 update saved the Cherokee

by Chris from Vineyard, Utah on Fri Jun 08 2018

I've been spending a lot of time looking for a new 4 wheel drive vehicle within my price range. I loved the Grand Cherokees, but they were just too much out of range. I always overlooked the cherokees because I hated the way they looked. The 2019 model got an upgrade and it is beautiful! The front end looks more like a grand cherokee, the inside looks like it should have cost $10,000 more than it did, and the turbo engine makes my heart flutter. There isn't a thing about my car that I don't love at the moment. You need to at least test drive one of these bad boys.

This car turns heads.....

by DonCo from ColoSprings on Sat Apr 28 2018

We looked at several makes of SUV's and chose our Jeep. It is better equipped and a better value than the others we compared ours with.

Me and my wife really enjoy driving this car!

by James from New York on Mon Oct 22 2018

I waited 6 months to write a review. This car handles very well, my wife and I think FCA did a great job on the re-design for the 2019, we're proud to have one in our driveway. With the very luxurious and comfortable interior we love driving anywhere! We can't wait to take on our western New York winters with the jeeps well known 4x4 capability. We got the 3.2 v6 limited model, I was torn between the new 4cyl turbo, but with the avg 26-28 mpg sometimes 28-30if I baby it. I'm very happy with the power and confidence the v6 provides wile driving. I was skeptical about the 9 spd transmission but I did hear they worked out the kinks and so far so good! It's actually great for cruising down the highway. I see a lot of complaints with the shut off stop feature.. 2 points here- it helps you come to a proper complete stop and I noticed that when it shuts off it actually goes back down to first gear in the 9 speed transmission, which is very helpful to know what gear I'm in. I did notice when I didn't come to a complete stop id resume in the same gear which you could tell was slightly harder on the engine when resuming speed but not major, just like the gears on a bike if you will. The shut off feature is GREAT IF YOU USE IT CORRECTLY! It helps with MPG and wear and tear on your vehicle. It's funny to me that I see a lot of complaining about it, its a good feature to have in my opinion. I hope this helps and makes you very pleased with your purchase as much as we our with our new Jeep Cherokee! No one paid me for this review lol

Great features and interior design.

by H. J. from Ewing on Tue Aug 28 2018

This car meets all of my needs. The interior design is surprisingly well thought out. It is comfortable, the seats appear raised so you feel like you are in a bigger vehicle. There is also a lot of storage areas, great for drinks, glasses, chargers, rtc

Best car I have owned love it

by Richtc from Ontario on Tue Jun 05 2018

Thus car was what my family need for fun and moving the kids around had everything to make me happy and them. Had a 2017 trailhawk and now own a 2019 trailhawk

Impress beyond words

by Wolfe from Baltimore, MD on Wed Jul 25 2018

Car is a bang for the dollar . I bought this vehicle for my wife . Gets plenty of heads turning . Not too big or small just right size . I currently own a 2018 Lexus ES 350 . I find this ride comparable to Lexus ES 350 . Sound system for 6 speakers rocks . Decent mileage thus far . Go buy one now you won?t be disappointed.

Great car for the money

by CherokeeDave from West Chester, pa on Fri Apr 06 2018

This is a fast jeep! The selec trac is handy. The extrrior styling is better than previous models, in my opinion. Dambrosio in Downingtown PA is the place to go.

Forget the rest

by Muchi from Miami FL on Sun Sep 23 2018

Safety first. Economic, drives amazing, comfortable, great company and the dealer Kendall Dodge are incredible easy to deal with. Our salesman Nick Alonso is outstanding. Love the style and the price we paid was the best deal.

Great for Tall People

by drew3739 from Columbia, Missouri on Wed Oct 10 2018

Being 6?3? and having a long torso can be challenging when it comes to looking for a car. Most sedans my head hits/almost hits the roof. In this Jeep, I have lots of headroom. The seats are fantastic as well. I really like the updated styling of the 2019 Cherokee. Comes standard with Apple CarPlay, as well. Handles and drives like a dream.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 22

Our Take on the 2019 Jeep Cherokee

The verdict:

A powerful new turbo engine option improves things, but an ill-tempered transmission still holds back the otherwise well-rounded, newly updated 2019 Jeep Cherokee.

Versus the competition:

There are no similarly priced peers for the Cherokee’s off-roading ability, and it's a strong player overall, but its cargo volume is modest even among compact competitors, and its balky transmission is a drawback, especially when teamed with a less powerful engine.

We had high hopes for the 2019 Jeep Cherokee. We're very fond of it overall — in spite of the fact that after a year's ownership of a 2014 model, we unanimously concluded that we wouldn't buy another. Somehow, our affection for the Cherokee was strong enough that we were able to overlook the engine replacement it mysteriously required; what we couldn't overlook was the bad behavior of its only transmission, a nine-speed automatic — especially when paired with the base 2.4-liter four-cylinder engine. Despite numerous changes to its programming both in our early model and in subsequent model years, the transmission would hesitate too long when a downshift was called for... Read More