2006 Commander

2006 Jeep Commander

2006 Jeep Commander

4.3

Have You Driven the 2006 Jeep Commander?

2006 Jeep Commander- Awesome

by Petey from Antigo,WI on Wed Feb 19 2014

I have gone through 12 jeeps in my life and this by far is the best model Jeep has created. I have the limited 2006 Commander and love the space,ride, and reliablilty. It's gas milage is a little low at 18, but it doesnt bother me. It rides great on dry pavement and will really impress you on the snow. It has awesome interior room for the trips to the ski hill and baseball games. I love it- Petey in Wisconsin!

awesome car

by commander from Hesperia,CA on Sat Aug 28 2010

We were expecting our 3rd child and to sell my BMW. Got the Limited Hemi Commander and I love it! has all the room we need, to go grocery shopping I have to put down one of the the 3rd row seats so i guess that would be the only withdraw. I love the power,so easy to handle,stadium seating,soft leather. wouldn't trade it for another.

Review of Jeep Commander

by KIM from Brimfield,Mass on Wed Dec 19 2012

I've only had by Commander 2 months but I like it alot!! A couple little things but me like the driver seat is not as comfy as I thought it would be, not alot of leg room in second row of seats. But it does drive very smooth. I finally figuered out all the gadgets and they work great, even the ones on the underneath of the steering wheel LOL. My biggest gripe is the gas mileage and the pick up. I think next time I will get a grand cherrokee.

REAL SUV

by COACH from MN. on Wed Jun 14 2006

EXCELLENT REAL SUV. LOTS OF OPTIONS WITH THE COMMANDER. REAR SEATS FOR KIDS OR SHORT TRIPS ONLY. MOST LOVED THE SECOND ROW THEATER SEATING. OLD SCHOOL LOOKS WITH NEW SCHOOL RIDE. MOST LIKED THE OLD JEEP LOOK. NICE QUALITY INSIDE.

Brand New Commander

by bosox from Boston, MA on Wed Jul 26 2006

Last month I leased an '06 Commander. It is my first lease & my first brand new car. The comfort level is amazing. Driver's seat is great, easily adjusted, comfortable on long trips. The passenger seat is also quite comfortable. However, the front/dash area has a few too many empty spaces. They seem to be there to hold random things, but to me, are useless. About 2 weeks after I got the car, I noticed that the sun-roof was very loud, it always sounded as if the "vent" was open. (One of the reasons I traded in my 1999 Cherokee was that it was too loud, in terms of wind noises.) I had to return the Commander to the dealership to get the whole piece replaced. I have yet to see the results, so we'll see how reliable that piece of it is. Also, on my first long trip in the car (about 9 hours roundtrip), I was on the highway, going about 80mph (above the speed limit, I know), when the accelerator suddenly stopped working. It felt similar to a fuel pump problem. The car did not stop or turn off, it just seemed like the accelerator became disconnected from the engine. I was able to pull over safely. I turned the car off, re-started it, & it started right up w/out any problems. The dealership was not able to duplicate the problem. No warning/indicator lights came on, & it seemed like it had the potential to be a bit dangerous. Nothing like that has happened since, & the dealership explained it as it may have been a "hiccup" in the fuel line, just as the car got it's first few hundred miles on it. I do like the pick-up, plenty of "pep" getting onto the highway, etc, & I only got the 6cyl. The back hatch is very heavy, however I do like the function of the back (hatch) window opening remotely. I also like the alert/indicator when the car is in reverse. I have always had big cars, but the Commander is certainly the largest, so the extra back-up warnings are useful. The noise overrides the radio, which is a great feature for people who drive w/the music very loud. I had to get used to the headlights/lamp switches (of all things!), but I have had many compliments on the car, and continue to be a loyal Jeep customer.

Great Jeep, 1 Reason why it's not so great

by Jeep Cha from Long Beach, CA on Thu Aug 13 2009

I do love everything about our Jeep Commander especially the power from the Hemi. Even my Lotus have a hard time catching up to it with my wife driving behind the wheel. The only issue I have is the Engine Stall. When we come to a stop or to slow down below 5mph or less, the engine hesitates or will stall. Lights will remain on but you won't be able to steer or brake because of the loss of power. This is an issue that the dealer can not trace with their computer or reader. No Check Engine Light also. Dealer states that services needed will fix the problems but has not. (Battery replacement, Major Tune-Up ect.) Otherwise, I Love this Jeep....

Does not recommend this car!!

opinion

by zach m from Adams MA on Mon Mar 08 2010

i own the 2006 commander and i love it i high recommend it although gas mileage could be better i do love the comfort and the drive great car no regrets

Reliable

by Jeep mom an dad from York, PA on Thu Jun 12 2014

As a mom of 4 children I needed a safe, reliable, stylish SUV. Well I found it here at Dave's used auto!!! We bought a HEMI Jeep Commander. My husband an I were very impressed with the customer sercive Craig gave us. When I read the details on cars.com I thought this is to good to be true, well I was wrong! The details were spot on. Super clean, and runs great. We traveled 2 hours to purchase this vehicle. An I would travel another 2 hours hours for another purchase. Thank you again Craig!!

16K MILES NO PROBLEMS

by SUV Lover from phila. pa. on Wed Apr 23 2008

Purchased new 10-2006. Have to say no problems at this time. love the 4.7v8 awesome torque. had the whistling noise but it seemed to stop. The vehicle rides smooth and strong. gas mileage not great but i knew what i was getting into. wanna save on gas, use public transportation to get to work if you can, then jeep it up on evenings and weekends. snow problem.

Awesome family adventure wagon

by Motomiker from Salinas, ca on Fri Mar 24 2017

We had VERY extensive list of criteria our next vehicle must meet in order to be a perfect fit for our family. This one met every one and then some. All the gadgets the wife loves and the power to pull a trailer and become the foundation for our outdoor activities. We did our homework on this one and read ALL the reviews. If you are realistic with your expectations, you will be stoked with this rig. Keep in mind this jeep was never designed to run the Rubicon and one simply does not buy a V8 and expect sky high MPG.. again be real with your expectations and this Jeep fills alot of requirements. Hope this helps!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Our Take on the 2006 Jeep Commander

Just ask the drivers of Scion xB or Honda Element or the nearest delivery van, and they'll tell you they can cram a lot of stuff into their vehicles. In the cases of xB or Element, the interiors are surprisingly roomy compared with the diminutive exteriors.

Commander is designed for the same effect, with its upright cabin and vertical tailgate. Simply put, Commander is a taller, boxier version of Grand Cherokee designed to maximize interior space and add a third road of passenger seats.

The third row has become a major selling point for midsize SUVs. Everything from Ford Explorer to Suzuki XL-7 offers a third row, even if sometimes, they're only roomy enough for toddlers.

By the way, Jeep... Read More