2006 Commander

2006 Jeep Commander

2006 Jeep Commander

4.3

Have you driven the 2006 Jeep Commander?

2006 Jeep Commander- Awesome

by Petey from Antigo,WI on Wed Feb 19 2014

I have gone through 12 jeeps in my life and this by far is the best model Jeep has created. I have the limited 2006 Commander and love the space,ride, and reliablilty. It's gas milage is a little low at 18, but it doesnt bother me. It rides great on dry pavement and will really impress you on the snow. It has awesome interior room for the trips to the ski hill and baseball games. I love it- Petey in Wisconsin!

Great in Snow!!

by SUV Lover from Philadelphia Pa. on Tue Mar 09 2010

This vehicle performed extremely well in the recent Philadelphia Pa. double snow storms.I was the only driver on my block to NOT have to dig out of my parking space. I just wiped the snow off and just simply pulled out of the space.There must have been at least 25 inches on the ground. Did not have to put the vehicle in low range. All other drivers spent half the day digging their vehicles out. Not this vehicle!!

awesome car

by commander from Hesperia,CA on Sat Aug 28 2010

We were expecting our 3rd child and to sell my BMW. Got the Limited Hemi Commander and I love it! has all the room we need, to go grocery shopping I have to put down one of the the 3rd row seats so i guess that would be the only withdraw. I love the power,so easy to handle,stadium seating,soft leather. wouldn't trade it for another.

I want another!

by Lou from Kentucky on Mon Dec 08 2014

Bought it new and except for front wheel bearing, I haven't turned a wench. I now have 230,000 miles and wish I could trade it to a new one. They just don't make anything that I like better than my Commander. I think I'll try to find a used one with low mileage.

very little problems

by my commander from on Sun Jan 26 2014

I have had my jeep commander since may of 2006. Got it brand new with about 6 miles on it. In the beginning i had some problems with the a/c but the dealership fixed all my problems with it. After that we haven't had that many problems. we lived in Colorado and would travel to california twice a year for almost 6 years and never had a problem with her. Since i have had her I only had to replace a valve spring that broke at about 105,000 miles. She has over 113,000 miles on her right now and still running fine.I wish i had the V8, i have the 3.7 V6. But this little engine has pulled about everything with out a problem.

Review of Jeep Commander

by KIM from Brimfield,Mass on Wed Dec 19 2012

I've only had by Commander 2 months but I like it alot!! A couple little things but me like the driver seat is not as comfy as I thought it would be, not alot of leg room in second row of seats. But it does drive very smooth. I finally figuered out all the gadgets and they work great, even the ones on the underneath of the steering wheel LOL. My biggest gripe is the gas mileage and the pick up. I think next time I will get a grand cherrokee.

REAL SUV

by COACH from MN. on Wed Jun 14 2006

EXCELLENT REAL SUV. LOTS OF OPTIONS WITH THE COMMANDER. REAR SEATS FOR KIDS OR SHORT TRIPS ONLY. MOST LOVED THE SECOND ROW THEATER SEATING. OLD SCHOOL LOOKS WITH NEW SCHOOL RIDE. MOST LIKED THE OLD JEEP LOOK. NICE QUALITY INSIDE.

31,000 miles no problems to report

by SUV lover from Phila. Pa. from Philadelphia Pa. on Wed Nov 18 2009

update from previous post Jan-2009 This vehicle continues to perform well. At this point, I plan to keep this Commander. V8 engine has exceeded my expectations. Maybe I purchased one of the good ones. Waiting for snow!

Awesome

by Kaleyaley from on Fri Oct 11 2013

Love jeeps!!!!! Reliable and and comfortable. Will continue to byy jeeps...they have great dependability and keep their value.

Great Jeep, 1 Reason why it's not so great

by Jeep Cha from Long Beach, CA on Thu Aug 13 2009

I do love everything about our Jeep Commander especially the power from the Hemi. Even my Lotus have a hard time catching up to it with my wife driving behind the wheel. The only issue I have is the Engine Stall. When we come to a stop or to slow down below 5mph or less, the engine hesitates or will stall. Lights will remain on but you won't be able to steer or brake because of the loss of power. This is an issue that the dealer can not trace with their computer or reader. No Check Engine Light also. Dealer states that services needed will fix the problems but has not. (Battery replacement, Major Tune-Up ect.) Otherwise, I Love this Jeep....

Does not recommend this car!!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Our Take on the 2006 Jeep Commander

Just ask the drivers of Scion xB or Honda Element or the nearest delivery van, and they'll tell you they can cram a lot of stuff into their vehicles. In the cases of xB or Element, the interiors are surprisingly roomy compared with the diminutive exteriors.

Commander is designed for the same effect, with its upright cabin and vertical tailgate. Simply put, Commander is a taller, boxier version of Grand Cherokee designed to maximize interior space and add a third road of passenger seats.

The third row has become a major selling point for midsize SUVs. Everything from Ford Explorer to Suzuki XL-7 offers a third row, even if sometimes, they're only roomy enough for toddlers.

By the way, Jeep... Read More