2008 Commander

2008 Jeep Commander

2008 Jeep Commander

Have You Driven the 2008 Jeep Commander?

Jeepers !!!

by Black Beauty from Rochester, New York on Wed May 04 2011

I had a Grand Cherokee before owning the Commander. There were a few shortcomings with that model. First off, I had to duck my head quite a bit just to get into the driver seat. The seatbelt was too short for my body type, and lastly, the back hatch was heavy and awkward to open because the helper cylinders only took over when the door was about half way up. The Commander has eliminated all three of these problems and has many more features that I find just simply wonderful. My favorite is the back up assist with video camera. The interior has much more headroom and legroom. The Hemi V8 is very powerful and responsive. I also love the on board navigation. All the controls on the steering wheel were well thought out and I love their placement/functions. All in all, this is the best vehicle I've ever owned, and Ive been driving since 1962.

Great Jeep

by Highlander from Omaha, NE on Thu Dec 31 2009

This has been my first Jeep and does not dissapoint. There are many creative ways to store cargo and passengers. Although the third row seating causes a blind spot when backing up, there is a video display to assist you and the third row provides great comfort and an enjoyable ride. If you are on a long road trip with just two or three peaople fold the second row seats and sit in the third row to allow maximum comfort as your legs stretch fully out. Overall, the 5.7L Hemi and the comfortable yet stylish interior in the Jeep Commander is a wonderful choice for an SUV.

I LOVE my 2008 Jeep Commander

by Dave33rdscb from Philadelphia PA on Sat Mar 17 2012

Pros: I?ve had my Commander for a little over 3 years and have never regretted this purchase. I have had several Grand Cherokee?s and find my Commander has better reliability, drivability and overall superior fit and finish to other Jeeps I have owned. I have had ZERO issues. Not a thing wrong and I?m hitting 30k. We can pack for the Mountains in the winter with tons of bulky stuff and Shore trips with ease. It just fits. We always needed to trim back with the Grand Cherokee. I do need to say the traction control was a major plus in some bad storms. I?m not so sure I would have made it through the madness without it, it was deep stuff on bad roads. This jeep very much reminds me of my 1969 Jeep Wagoneer Custom 1414x except it?s a modern day Super smooth version. This year we started taking longer trips and I feel great during and after the ride. Very Comfortable, rockin sound system, Killer rear seat sun roofs?etc? Cons: I think the resale value is low from what I see them going for but most vehicles seem to have taken a hit with the economy.

GREAT TRUCK

by lee from avon, ohio on Fri Dec 14 2007

Moved up from a Grand Cherokee Lease. Kids are bigger now. The Commander is more comfortable even then the seats of my wifes van. no problem with visability. It seems the car makes are designing with the idea that people must use the mirrors rather then rubbernecking. The rear park sense is nice, i can see the light bar telling me how close i am. as well as the audible. brakes stop even with out any nose dive, corners wonderfull on enter/exit ramps going twice the speed limit on the ramps gets no uncomfortable feeling. I have the 3.7 6 cyl. and really have no complaints.

I'm in Heaven

by 4x4 from PA on Wed Apr 02 2008

I absolutely love my new commander - It rides so smooth. There is so much room between me and my husband - perfect for long trips ;-). The only minor annoyance I've experienced is, rain falls into the window from the roof. I'm going to buy wind guards and see if that helps. I would absolutely recommend this vehical for those in the market for an SUV.

Best 8 Passenger Value on the market..!

by SMS from Stow on Mon May 14 2012

Another awesome product by Jeep. Great family SUV, lots of space, comfort, looks, durability, etc...

True to it's roots

by Mud dog from San Diego on Mon Mar 19 2012

7 passenger seating without the bulk of a super large SUV. Highly capable even if you opt for awd. 3.7 engine is a mighty giant with swift acceleration and turn on a dime steering. Love the extra row yet still fits in garage. If you ever buy a used car try these 2 golden rules; by a car (even if used from a namesake dealer) they want to sell that car, 2 : wait till the end of month.., you make a deal and you will win . I saved $ 6500 dollars.

One powerful engine

by Jeepster from New York, NY on Wed Apr 18 2012

Great SUV. Strong engine. Manages well. Roomy. The only downside is the price of gas. With the Hemi engine she is quite the drinker. :-)

LOVE IT

by Commmmmanderrrr from New York on Thu Feb 07 2008

We bought our Commander and just love it. We get a lot of snow where we live and feel so safe in this vehicle. It "tears" right through the snow with no sliding and just excellent handling. We have a 5 month old baby so safety is very important to us and we feel so comfortable and safe even in the worst snow conditions. Its a beautiful vehicle inside and out and handles like a dream. We love it...we want 5 more! :)

Great vehicle

by Jeep Enthusiast from Boston, MA on Tue May 06 2008

I absolutely love this vehicle. It is extremely comfortable and very stylish. When you get behind the wheel of a Jeep there's no mistaking what you have. This is the 2nd Jeep I have owned and it never dissappoints. Actually I still have the first Jeep that's 5 years old and it still handles and rides like the day I bought it. Once you get a Jeep you will never look back. Most other SUV's have regular car suspensions that don't handle like the Jeep.

1 2 3 4

Our Take on the 2008 Jeep Commander

If you're thinking about buying an old-school SUV like the Jeep Commander, I can only hope you've vetted the alternatives — crossovers, minivans, wagons — and discounted criteria like gas mileage and space efficiency. Your priorities should include romping about the backwoods and towing 7,000-plus pounds to Grandma's house.

Then, and only then, might the Commander be the vehicle for you. Mildly revamped for 2008, it offers a few more kid-friendly features and a more powerful V-8, and its reliability of late has improved to respectable levels. Still, if you just like the Commander's styling but don't need its abilities, it's probably best to warm up to something else.

This is the Jeep... Read More