2013 Jeep Compass

I'm in LOVE with this car!!

by from Olean,NY on September 18, 2017

This car meets all of my family needs! This is the car of my dreams and I can't wait to own one soon
Not Rated Reliability

JEEP COMPASS

by from MCDONALD,PA on August 5, 2017

I have a 2013 jeep compass sport I really like it my wife has a 2015 jeep grand Cherokee which don't compare but I love my jeep compass I've had problems with the emission sensor two times now but that's it very minor. I wish it had a little more power but it's fine the way it is, doesn't use much gas but has small tank but that's expected for a mid size suv. Love the 4 wheel drive runs great and u can b doing 60 mph and put it in 4 wheel doesn't miss a beet really like it runs great and having the bumper to bumper warranty helps too great vehicle

Best car I drove

by from Toronto Ontario on August 1, 2017

Comfortable front seats, nice interior . Easy to drive and park. Love Bluetooth with hands-free calling and SiriusXM satellite radio.

Awful Vehicle

by from Rayville, LA on July 13, 2017

For what it is worth, this vehicle is decent basic transportation. It was purchased for space and shopping needs, as having previously had a convertible, the need for somewhere to place groceries or supplies from a big box store became evident. For the money, the car appeared like a great deal on paper. On the plus side, the price point was highly affordable, cheap to insure, and cheap to service. Neutral driving dynamics, no discernible body roll, and the CVT combined with the 155 hp 2.5 four cylinder provided adequate on-ramp and passing acceleration. The sport trim of the 2013 Jeep Compass is spartan. The cloth seats are not supportive to the point of causing discomfort after an hour of driving. The 2.5 liter four cylinder returned approximately 22 mpg mixed, which was disappointing given the advertised consumption and actual consumption of competitively priced and spec'd vehicles. The 13 gallon tank needed to be filled back up after about 250 miles. This example came with a CVT transmission with six simulated step-gears. Subjectively, I did not like the CVT. I cannot put my finger on why, but it just did not feel right compared to traditional slush box, single, or dual clutch automatics. Sensor problems also were rampant. CEL lights were frequent, especially on hot summer days. This was an evap fault code every time, which would vaporize fuel on very hot days and lead to the sensor throwing a code. This speaks to engine compartments being poorly insulated. For basic transportation, better deals can be had. I am aware that Jeep has improved the Compass with the 2017-2018 model years, and that upper trims from Gen 2 were probably more pleasing, but the 2013 sport trim was underwhelming at best.

It was a great first car.

by from Hollywood, FL on July 2, 2017

I thought this was a great car for the value that was listed. I needed a reliable to get from home and work so there really wasn't a need to go off roads. It was great during rainy season and dealing with wet roads and flooded areas. It was a simple suv with reliable features.

Great Midsize SUV

by from Maine on June 3, 2017

This Jeep Compass has met all our requirements as a family Vehicle. The gas mileage could be a bit better but has been great for Maine winters.

Amazing value, four years and going strong

by from San Francisco, CA on February 11, 2017

I purchased this vehicle brand new in 2013 primarily due to the price and value. Through TrueCar, I purchased a 4WD Latitude with Uconnect/Bluetooth, security package and off road package for a little over $19K compared to the window sticker of $27K. I was skeptical given this vehicle consistently ranked among the worst in reviews of small SUVs. Nonetheless, I couldn't ignore the low price and value. Four years later, I still love this vehicle. It looks nice, is roomy, reliable, and practical. I feel very comfortable taking the car anywhere under any conditions. One thing I regret is not purchasing the sun and sound package with improved sound system and moonroof. I will admit that I purchased a lifetime extended warranty through Jeep for a little over $2K (online was WAY cheaper than at the dealer), due to all the negative reviews and reliability ratings. Although I don't anticipate needing it, I will pretty much plan to drive this vehicle until the wheels fall off. Highly recommend given that this vehicle is significantly less expensive than others in this class, and is a tremendous value.

You get a lot for your money with the Jeep Compass

by from on February 8, 2017

Good reliable SUV good on highway and limited off road, ok on dirt roads but not on trails in the wilderness. Handles snowy roads well, especially with studded snow tires all around

My second review

by from Canadensis, North east PA on February 20, 2014

I bought my 2013 compass used in November 2013. And now I have had enough time driving it in the snow to give a review on Winter Driving. First, I am getting new tires in the spring. The ones it came with are not that great in the snow. Going back to Michelins like I had on my 1993 Grand Cherokee. My new Jeep is a stick and I love it!!!! Getting better milage then when I first got it, a good 25 mpg around town and 29 hwy. it is a bit smaller than I am used to, but my dog...a 66 lb Lab just loves it. She has taken over the back cargo area as her own. Only 2 things I can find fault with. Who decided that the 4WD lever should be on the console behind the cup holders? REALLY??!! Could they have found a more inconvenient place to put it? And the back seat head rests are just big enough that you have a limited space to see out of when you are backing up. Other than that, I love the handling and down shifting around corners. I have to keep reminding myself it's a Jeep, not a sports car!!! I hope I have it 20 years, just like my old Grand Cherokee.

Yeehaw

by from St. Louis, MO on November 21, 2013

It was so good, I don't even. It's best for driving and more driving, and then some more. I recommend this to everybody for reals. Yeah.