2013 Jeep Compass

All Reviews

by from Boston,MA on May 20, 2013

I have read all the supposed professionals reviews,and not to take away their expertise but listen they tested everything from a go cart to a high end Lexus and so on. So how would you rate a a steak at sizzler compared to a steak at a Ruth Chris restaurant? My point exactly! This compass is a great vehicle for the money, I been in the automotive industry all my life and nobody with Chrysler.If your in the market to purchase a vehicle and in this category then test drive a compass compared to a vehicle that is 15to 30K more and be honest with yourself and there is only one conclusion.JEEP COMPASS HANDS DOWN!

by from Canadensis, North east PA on February 20, 2014

I bought my 2013 compass used in November 2013. And now I have had enough time driving it in the snow to give a review on Winter Driving. First, I am getting new tires in the spring. The ones it came with are not that great in the snow. Going back to Michelins like I had on my 1993 Grand Cherokee. My new Jeep is a stick and I love it!!!! Getting better milage then when I first got it, a good 25 mpg around town and 29 hwy. it is a bit smaller than I am used to, but my dog...a 66 lb Lab just loves it. She has taken over the back cargo area as her own. Only 2 things I can find fault with. Who decided that the 4WD lever should be on the console behind the cup holders? REALLY??!! Could they have found a more inconvenient place to put it? And the back seat head rests are just big enough that you have a limited space to see out of when you are backing up. Other than that, I love the handling and down shifting around corners. I have to keep reminding myself it's a Jeep, not a sports car!!! I hope I have it 20 years, just like my old Grand Cherokee.

by from San Francisco, CA on February 11, 2017

I purchased this vehicle brand new in 2013 primarily due to the price and value. Through TrueCar, I purchased a 4WD Latitude with Uconnect/Bluetooth, security package and off road package for a little over $19K compared to the window sticker of $27K. I was skeptical given this vehicle consistently ranked among the worst in reviews of small SUVs. Nonetheless, I couldn't ignore the low price and value. Four years later, I still love this vehicle. It looks nice, is roomy, reliable, and practical. I feel very comfortable taking the car anywhere under any conditions. One thing I regret is not purchasing the sun and sound package with improved sound system and moonroof. I will admit that I purchased a lifetime extended warranty through Jeep for a little over $2K (online was WAY cheaper than at the dealer), due to all the negative reviews and reliability ratings. Although I don't anticipate needing it, I will pretty much plan to drive this vehicle until the wheels fall off. Highly recommend given that this vehicle is significantly less expensive than others in this class, and is a tremendous value.

by from Riverdale on September 21, 2012

I find this vehicle just the right fit for my needs, It is a perfect vehicke for a "little person" The only thing I wish is that I could adjust the seat higher. It's a smooth ride, I don't find it noisy like some of the reviews i have read. Good value for the money. I love the sound system I love it!

by from Fort Wayne, IN on November 21, 2012

I love my Jeep Compass Lattitude. I get the benefits of driving an SUV, but don't have to climb up into it (I'm only 5'1''), don't have to put $80 in the gas tank every week, and it handles better than my 2010 Impala that I traded in. I think the interior is nice and not cheap looking. It could be better, but I didn't pay 30k for it and I don't expect it to look like a luxury vehical. I'm very happy with it so far and I don't expect to have any issues with it in the future.

by from Pennsylvania on August 7, 2013

Did a lot of research. Traded in my 11 year old Jeep Liberty, that I loved, except for the MPG. Decided on the Compass Latitude. After first 3 weeks of driving it I am using 25% less gas for the same driving. I think it has more room inside than the Liberty, but very similar. Handles better than the Liberty but has more road noise. The CVT takes some getting used to. Love the 430 uconnect radio with satellite and built in hard drive. So far......I Love It !!!!

by from Maine on June 3, 2017

This Jeep Compass has met all our requirements as a family Vehicle. The gas mileage could be a bit better but has been great for Maine winters.

by from Browntown,Wisconsin on December 23, 2012

We are very happy with our new compass .We had a 12 inch snow in blizzard form and had to get to work,I felt very confedent in the handling through and that snow!!!

by from Foley, Alabama on July 1, 2013

Our new Compass had several features that we liked; Upgrade engine and transmission, upgraded 17" wheels and upgrade 230 radio with XM.

by from on February 8, 2017

Good reliable SUV good on highway and limited off road, ok on dirt roads but not on trails in the wilderness. Handles snowy roads well, especially with studded snow tires all around