2013 Compass

2013 Jeep Compass

2013 Jeep Compass

4.5

4 out of 5 stars Performance

Have You Driven the 2013 Jeep Compass?

Amazing value, four years and going strong

by Utilitarian from San Francisco, CA on Sat Feb 11 2017

I purchased this vehicle brand new in 2013 primarily due to the price and value. Through TrueCar, I purchased a 4WD Latitude with Uconnect/Bluetooth, security package and off road package for a little over $19K compared to the window sticker of $27K. I was skeptical given this vehicle consistently ranked among the worst in reviews of small SUVs. Nonetheless, I couldn't ignore the low price and value. Four years later, I still love this vehicle. It looks nice, is roomy, reliable, and practical. I feel very comfortable taking the car anywhere under any conditions. One thing I regret is not purchasing the sun and sound package with improved sound system and moonroof. I will admit that I purchased a lifetime extended warranty through Jeep for a little over $2K (online was WAY cheaper than at the dealer), due to all the negative reviews and reliability ratings. Although I don't anticipate needing it, I will pretty much plan to drive this vehicle until the wheels fall off. Highly recommend given that this vehicle is significantly less expensive than others in this class, and is a tremendous value.

I love my jeep

by Kate from Riverdale on Fri Sep 21 2012

I find this vehicle just the right fit for my needs, It is a perfect vehicke for a "little person" The only thing I wish is that I could adjust the seat higher. It's a smooth ride, I don't find it noisy like some of the reviews i have read. Good value for the money. I love the sound system I love it!

Great so far

by Jeep Fan from Pennsylvania on Wed Aug 07 2013

Did a lot of research. Traded in my 11 year old Jeep Liberty, that I loved, except for the MPG. Decided on the Compass Latitude. After first 3 weeks of driving it I am using 25% less gas for the same driving. I think it has more room inside than the Liberty, but very similar. Handles better than the Liberty but has more road noise. The CVT takes some getting used to. Love the 430 uconnect radio with satellite and built in hard drive. So far......I Love It !!!!

Feels like it was made for me!

by Melissa from Fort Wayne, IN on Wed Nov 21 2012

I love my Jeep Compass Lattitude. I get the benefits of driving an SUV, but don't have to climb up into it (I'm only 5'1''), don't have to put $80 in the gas tank every week, and it handles better than my 2010 Impala that I traded in. I think the interior is nice and not cheap looking. It could be better, but I didn't pay 30k for it and I don't expect it to look like a luxury vehical. I'm very happy with it so far and I don't expect to have any issues with it in the future.

Most confedent in handling

by Daycare worker from Browntown,Wisconsin on Sun Dec 23 2012

We are very happy with our new compass .We had a 12 inch snow in blizzard form and had to get to work,I felt very confedent in the handling through and that snow!!!

Great Midsize SUV

by Cmartel91 from Maine on Sat Jun 03 2017

This Jeep Compass has met all our requirements as a family Vehicle. The gas mileage could be a bit better but has been great for Maine winters.

New Compass

by Captain Paul from Foley, Alabama on Mon Jul 01 2013

Our new Compass had several features that we liked; Upgrade engine and transmission, upgraded 17" wheels and upgrade 230 radio with XM.

You get a lot for your money with the Jeep Compass

by Jebba from on Wed Feb 08 2017

Good reliable SUV good on highway and limited off road, ok on dirt roads but not on trails in the wilderness. Handles snowy roads well, especially with studded snow tires all around

Awful Vehicle

by Maybery85 from Rayville, LA on Thu Jul 13 2017

For what it is worth, this vehicle is decent basic transportation. It was purchased for space and shopping needs, as having previously had a convertible, the need for somewhere to place groceries or supplies from a big box store became evident. For the money, the car appeared like a great deal on paper. On the plus side, the price point was highly affordable, cheap to insure, and cheap to service. Neutral driving dynamics, no discernible body roll, and the CVT combined with the 155 hp 2.5 four cylinder provided adequate on-ramp and passing acceleration. The sport trim of the 2013 Jeep Compass is spartan. The cloth seats are not supportive to the point of causing discomfort after an hour of driving. The 2.5 liter four cylinder returned approximately 22 mpg mixed, which was disappointing given the advertised consumption and actual consumption of competitively priced and spec'd vehicles. The 13 gallon tank needed to be filled back up after about 250 miles. This example came with a CVT transmission with six simulated step-gears. Subjectively, I did not like the CVT. I cannot put my finger on why, but it just did not feel right compared to traditional slush box, single, or dual clutch automatics. Sensor problems also were rampant. CEL lights were frequent, especially on hot summer days. This was an evap fault code every time, which would vaporize fuel on very hot days and lead to the sensor throwing a code. This speaks to engine compartments being poorly insulated. For basic transportation, better deals can be had. I am aware that Jeep has improved the Compass with the 2017-2018 model years, and that upper trims from Gen 2 were probably more pleasing, but the 2013 sport trim was underwhelming at best.

Does not recommend this car!!

best buy in my life

by Jeep Lover from Centre Alabama on Fri Sep 06 2013

Hey I have never own a jeep befor till now as they say better late than never boy I wish I had own a jeep a long time ago I was never as surprise about a auto in my life as I was about what a great suv my Jeep compass is .my husband & I live on a fix income he is 71 & I am 69 we needed something we could afford & could gives us some comfort & relatable I finger I could not get much in the way of comfort & all the extras with the low price of a compass boy did I get a big surprise it was everything we need & more we are happy jeep owners now. A BIG BUY THIS SUV JEEP COMPASS.

1 2 3 4