2013 Jeep Compass Consumer Reviews

Change Year
2013 Jeep Compass
Average based on 16 reviews

Ignore the professional test reviews

by from Chicago, IL on April 27, 2013

So, I have been researching small SUVs for the past month or 2. I have test driven the Chevy Equinox, Ford Escape, Nissan, Honda, Toyota, Hyundai and the Jeep Compass. I have done all the research and read the reviews from the pro's. The pros all say the same thing. It just isn't as nice as the others. I figured out they are not right. I owned a Hyundai Sonata which was a fine car. Basic etc. I needed some cargo room so I didn't have to ask all my friends to transport something for me. I finally come across the 2013 Jeep Compass(latitude) and although it may not have all the super creature comforts, it does hold its own. Remote start, heated seats, power everything etc, bluetooth, voice commands etc. I got the 2.4 Liter Latitude. I have to say I am so happy that I got the Compass. First off I am not rich and this car was about $5-7k cheaper than the others. In my mind, that was enough to convince me but I had to test it out for myself and I loved it. I can't find anything that I don't like. The ride is actually better than the Sonata. I'm glad I got one now because they are going to discontinue them(I think). They are rolling out the Cherokee which is build on the Dodge Dart frame. It will be much smaller. More European. If you are thinking about getting a Compass, DO IT!

Feels like it was made for me!

by from Fort Wayne, IN on November 21, 2012

I love my Jeep Compass Lattitude. I get the benefits of driving an SUV, but don't have to climb up into it (I'm only 5'1''), don't have to put $80 in the gas tank every week, and it handles better than my 2010 Impala that I traded in. I think the interior is nice and not cheap looking. It could be better, but I didn't pay 30k for it and I don't expect it to look like a luxury vehical. I'm very happy with it so far and I don't expect to have any issues with it in the future.

by from Jasper, AL on June 19, 2013

I had a bad experience .. Car dosent have power hesitates to shift and crank on and off.. Of course nothing can be found .. off the lot .. brand new Disappointing ..

I love my jeep

by from Riverdale on September 21, 2012

I find this vehicle just the right fit for my needs, It is a perfect vehicke for a "little person" The only thing I wish is that I could adjust the seat higher. It's a smooth ride, I don't find it noisy like some of the reviews i have read. Good value for the money. I love the sound system I love it!

2013 Compass

by from NE Ohio on January 6, 2013

I got the Latitude with 4WD. I love it after we picked up 16 inches of snow it drove with ease. I even left it in 2WD to see how well it did and only once did the traction control come on. The motor leaves a little to be desired for passing cars but does ok for just normal driving. It's also a little loud but you can get over that by turning the radio up a little. I've had nothing but good things to tell my friends about it so far

Great so far

by from Pennsylvania on August 7, 2013

Did a lot of research. Traded in my 11 year old Jeep Liberty, that I loved, except for the MPG. Decided on the Compass Latitude. After first 3 weeks of driving it I am using 25% less gas for the same driving. I think it has more room inside than the Liberty, but very similar. Handles better than the Liberty but has more road noise. The CVT takes some getting used to. Love the 430 uconnect radio with satellite and built in hard drive. So far......I Love It !!!!

Most confedent in handling

by from Browntown,Wisconsin on December 23, 2012

We are very happy with our new compass .We had a 12 inch snow in blizzard form and had to get to work,I felt very confedent in the handling through and that snow!!!

Great Jeep

by from wisconsin on June 25, 2013

Had a Lot of cars and SUVS in my days and so far a nice SUV had a 2012 Honda civic nice little car that was the problem nice little car Honda would not deal on a CRV so I went hunting and aimed my sights on a Jeep Compass what a great move that was, Easy to drive cozy Looks great 22000 bucks Leased it got a great deal ease of entry sits great I think its quiet Lots of standard options heated seats and its what I can afford

CAN'T GO WRONG PERIOD

by from Boston,MA on May 20, 2013

I have read all the supposed professionals reviews,and not to take away their expertise but listen they tested everything from a go cart to a high end Lexus and so on. So how would you rate a a steak at sizzler compared to a steak at a Ruth Chris restaurant? My point exactly! This compass is a great vehicle for the money, I been in the automotive industry all my life and nobody with Chrysler.If your in the market to purchase a vehicle and in this category then test drive a compass compared to a vehicle that is 15to 30K more and be honest with yourself and there is only one conclusion.JEEP COMPASS HANDS DOWN!

New Compass

by from Foley, Alabama on July 1, 2013

Our new Compass had several features that we liked; Upgrade engine and transmission, upgraded 17" wheels and upgrade 230 radio with XM.